Old 04-29-2015, 11:11 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckstopper View Post
The disc won't make my bag, but my god what a great name!
Yeah it's a sweet name for sure!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2015, 01:40 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 79
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
Oh...they made a domey Firebird.

Still cool I guess.
It's not domey. Looks pretty flat to me.

Shasta Criss having a go with some Hellfires:

https://www.facebook.com/shasta.cris...4/?pnref=story
Old 05-01-2015, 08:59 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 7
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

I'll certainly give the Hellfire a try, but I can't really see a spot where it fills a gap in my bag. We'll see if I like it though!
Old 05-07-2015, 09:49 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 15
Niced 47 Times in 20 Posts
Default Hellfire Update

Stopped by the AM Masters Cup last weekend, chatted with the DGA folks, picked up a couple (see attached pic).

The SP line is currently only available as part of the Steady Ed Series, which is in CA and usually runs through the summer. Proline is available now but uses the new Proline mix which is kind of a hybrid Z/ESP (Champy/Star) type mix. The discs in the picture are the new Proline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter14 View Post
Shasta said on the DGA Facebook page that it was like a faster, more overstable Firebird.
I agree, beefier than a Firebird, faster too, I would rate it a speed 10 disc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Ensor View Post
Looks like a Hurricane OS. Just a touch slower.
Yes, similar in some ways, just not quite as wide a rim, one step down from a Hurricane, and a couple steps up in over-stability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter14 View Post
When I read "faster, more OS firebird" I thought Flick.
No, a Flick is a thin wafer of a disc, this is meatier, even meatier than a Firebird.

[QUOTE=Moose33;2759998]Oh...they made a domey Firebird.

Flat, not domey at all, I felt up the whole stack.

It has been really windy lately, gusts to 20+ MPH every afternoon. When you are standing on the teebox, the wind gusts and your hat goes flying away.

If you are showing up for the St Judes, be prepared as the courses are long and this wind may persist, especially as it gets later in the day.

I have taken this out 3 times, thrown it mostly on 300-350 hyzer routes (again, in very windy conditions), and I love it, love it more each time I throw it.

As I continue to throw it, it is getting longer, but still very overstable, it is actually getting a little too long for the 300-350 routes, even into the wind, so I almost have to start powering down, maybe I am just overthrowing to compensate for the windy conditions. New Champion Firebirds (non-FAF) get blown out in the conditions I have been playing in lately.

The inner rim, where you place your fingertips, has a little more tilt than the average disc, but does not appear to be an issue as I am happy with my releases, hitting my lines, etc.

I have been throwing it side by side with a Star Xcaliber and a Prodigy X1. The Star xcaliber is faster, so this gives me a Junior Xcal that is more controllable. I am getting about the same distance as an X1, but an X1 is much more finicky and hard to control, the smooth profile of the Hellfire makes it much more playable.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (59.7 KB, 53 views)
Old 05-08-2015, 01:18 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 19
Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts

Sounds like a very cool disc. DGA is on a roll with the Breaker, Steady and now the Hellfire. Good stuff!
Old 05-08-2015, 07:34 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Disregard the boat shoes.

I'm really liking these Hellfires. Feel great in the hand and very reliable. Straight to the bag!

Last edited by LeBryson James; 05-08-2015 at 07:36 AM.
Old 05-08-2015, 08:18 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

I threw them about 60%, 90%, 100% I couldn't get much on them because I didn't want to rip my boat shoes off. Lol.
Old 05-08-2015, 09:11 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 26
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatanaFrenzy View Post
I threw them about 60%, 90%, 100% I couldn't get much on them because I didn't want to rip my boat shoes off. Lol.
Get some real shoes! How do they feel in the hand? I keep seeing slightly faster firebird, but it has a a 2.2 cm rim. Which to me is quite a bit faster than a firebird.
Old 05-10-2015, 02:15 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.9
Courses Played: 24
Niced 25 Times in 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupid trees View Post
Get some real shoes! How do they feel in the hand? I keep seeing slightly faster firebird, but it has a a 2.2 cm rim. Which to me is quite a bit faster than a firebird.
I've been throwing firebirds for quite a while, and these are a whole different beast. More overstable than most firebirds out of the box. Maybe a similar stability to bran new glow firebirds. They have a wider rim, so they fly faster to as well. The rim might be a tad bit sharper as well, which probably lends to it being more overstable.

Now to the flight. These are glideless meathooks. And I mean that in the best way possible. Thrown with Hyzer, these will never flip up unless the get run over by a steamroller to break them in. Thrown flat and these want to turn left almost immediately. And if you throw them anhyzer, they will hook back up pretty quickly before finishing left. I need to get more practice in with them, but right now I'm getting them out to about 300'-325' with no wind. For comparison, I get my max distance Destroyer out to 450+ on a good rip.

I have a pink 170-172 Proline that is super beefy that I've been throwing, and I have a 174 gold Proline that is a pure utility disc for tomahawks and rollers. The gold is even more overstable, and I heard it directly from DGA that the gold is the most overstable out of all the colors they got. They both are going to make the bag for me as my old Candy Pro Firebird has beaten in a little straighter.

Old 05-10-2015, 07:09 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 7
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Oh my goodness! I can't wait till Tuesday when I get mine!!! Everything being said about these sounds so nice!