Courses Played: 14
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 549 Times in 217 Posts

Ok you've twisted my arm...

Mugs are up and ready for printing
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2015, 10:33 AM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

So, i created an account so my first post could be in this thread. For black friday I bought a Scale and a Raptor. I have put in five or six rounds and now feel as if I can give a preliminary review.
Scale: I'm pretty sure this disc is magic, see it leaves your hand and winds up under the basket. I think due to this logic if the basket was 500+ feet I could bomb the hole with it. This sticks with my P2 in my putter pocket because I grab these two discs on most holes that I don't park.
Raptor: I bought this disc with no idea what it would do, I knew it was slower than a PD (Which is by far my favorite and most used driver in my bag) so I thought I would like it. It does two very weird things I didn't know I needed; it doesn't skip and it bombs on overhead shots. In oh crap moments when I need to recover I can launch this thing and it just sits where it hits, but the best thing it does is hammers and thumbers. If you give this disc height it will give you success, it is the opposite of every other driver in my bag. I'm always weirdly ecstatic to throw it just to see it flip and hit the cage.

Huge fan of RDG and will be a repeat shopper for sure. I'm hoping the tyrant can become my main fairway once it is made and beat in, and that y'all start making some mids. I'm thinking a discmania and RDG only bag will probably happen by the end of the year.
Old 12-11-2015, 10:46 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdog View Post
So, i created an account so my first post could be in this thread. For black friday I bought a Scale and a Raptor. I have put in five or six rounds and now feel as if I can give a preliminary review.
Scale: I'm pretty sure this disc is magic, see it leaves your hand and winds up under the basket. I think due to this logic if the basket was 500+ feet I could bomb the hole with it. This sticks with my P2 in my putter pocket because I grab these two discs on most holes that I don't park.
Raptor: I bought this disc with no idea what it would do, I knew it was slower than a PD (Which is by far my favorite and most used driver in my bag) so I thought I would like it. It does two very weird things I didn't know I needed; it doesn't skip and it bombs on overhead shots. In oh crap moments when I need to recover I can launch this thing and it just sits where it hits, but the best thing it does is hammers and thumbers. If you give this disc height it will give you success, it is the opposite of every other driver in my bag. I'm always weirdly ecstatic to throw it just to see it flip and hit the cage.

Huge fan of RDG and will be a repeat shopper for sure. I'm hoping the tyrant can become my main fairway once it is made and beat in, and that y'all start making some mids. I'm thinking a discmania and RDG only bag will probably happen by the end of the year.
https://allthingsdiscgolf.com/2015-t...s-the-prelims/

Suppose I should tow the banner and say go vote!

It would be interesting to hear about how you caught wind of the scale, as it is a pretty DGCR driven brand. Did you find it here lurking?

The scale is a great disc, Although make sure you post a video if you manage to drive it 500' I think it would put other former putter mashers to shame.

Welcome to the cue of people waiting for the tyrant, and welcome to the forum!!!
Old 12-11-2015, 10:52 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 19.1
Courses Played: 19
Niced 10 Times in 3 Posts

Scale is still sitting in second place behind the Justice.

As an employee of a very small company as well, I can only imagine you guys are ecstatic!
Old 12-11-2015, 10:59 AM
Reptilian Disc Golf

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 14
Niced 549 Times in 217 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_Krakov View Post
Scale is still sitting in second place behind the Justice.

As an employee of a very small company as well, I can only imagine you guys are ecstatic!
We are for sure

I have a few things I've got planned to try to help garner as many votes as I can for the finals. I know we won't win but it sure would be fun to give the Trilogy guys a run for their money. Surely a large portion of the online readers are wondering who the hell this Reptilian company is
Old 12-12-2015, 07:53 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Prelims close tonight. Make sure you vote!
Old 12-12-2015, 08:56 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 12
Niced 7 Times in 4 Posts

Vote for both on daily basis!
Old 12-12-2015, 09:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 34
Niced 344 Times in 216 Posts

Wow. The scale is doing really good.
Old 12-12-2015, 11:02 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Scale will definitely go to the next round. I've been voting 4x per day (per device) and that only raises the % by .001% ... the DD kids must really be pounding that social media

Old 12-12-2015, 11:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 34
Niced 344 Times in 216 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disc of Cheese View Post
Scale will definitely go to the next round. I've been voting 4x per day (per device) and that only raises the % by .001% ... the DD kids must really be pounding that social media
Or it's just a good disc? Plus, your kinda doing the same thing "they" are right...

But I don't mind. If people want to vote 4x a day per device then that's a tell tale sign it's a good disc I guess.

To me I think it wasn't the most epic year of discs. I think the scale was the most original, the top half at least I mean who doesn't like a good thumbtack?!

Got my vote.