Big Country

Years Playing: 28.4
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 198 Times in 113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcassidy1990 View Post
The mold was a modified Essential Discs Honey ran to produce a large flash/bead

Larry Leonardi pulled the Honey mold from Gateway to attempt to run it elsewhere...

And just like that... The Sobek was gone.

Great disc. Found the Quake from DGA to be similar but more consistent, however.
Dang. A real shame, because I liked that disc a whole lot. I mean, it's no Scale, but....
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2019, 08:36 AM
Reptilian Disc Golf

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 14
Niced 549 Times in 217 Posts

$9 Labor Day sale going on all week.

We want to give everyone the opportunity to get some RDG into their bags.

Try a Gila and see why we think it's one of the best mid range discs ever created.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg received_2411690122450112.jpg (153.9 KB, 31 views)

Old 09-24-2019, 11:45 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 215 Times in 142 Posts

Has anyone tested out the new premium Armor stegos? I’d love to hear how they compare to baseline. Hard to believe this mold could get more OS out of the box!
Old 09-25-2019, 08:01 AM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 72
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 993 Times in 651 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANBURGARLAR View Post
Has anyone tested out the new premium Armor stegos? I’d love to hear how they compare to baseline. Hard to believe this mold could get more OS out of the box!
They are incredibly beefy. Just dump out of the hand OS

Niced: (1)
Old 09-25-2019, 04:15 PM

Years Playing: 7.2
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Pretty much what Moose said. Just wanted to add that they skip like fiends if they hit at the right angle. My fossil Stego likes to sit where it hits, but I can't say the same for my Armor one.

Old 09-25-2019, 08:32 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 215 Times in 142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by adain44 View Post
Pretty much what Moose said. Just wanted to add that they skip like fiends if they hit at the right angle. My fossil Stego likes to sit where it hits, but I can't say the same for my Armor one.
Pretty slick then? I’m guessing the plastic is similar to evo or diamond from gateway? Just worried about the grip, and it being too slippery especially with the off-season coming up.

I love to hear it’s super stable though.
Old 09-25-2019, 10:31 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Niced 288 Times in 191 Posts

Quote:
Pretty slick then? I’m guessing the plastic is similar to evo or diamond from gateway? Just worried about the grip, and it being too slippery especially with the off-season coming up.

I love to hear it’s super stable though.
Better grip than any of the primo Gateway plastics I've felt, and better than most champ, it just can skip as much as most premium stuff does.

Old 10-02-2019, 10:46 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 580 Times in 426 Posts

Hey RDG, you should bring back the Warlock bottom with RDG top - it was the Element Disc IRIDIUM, and I think it went to AGL Manzanita? I use the Iridium alllll the time, great disc - RDG should run it and name it just saying. Triceratops? has that been used yet? Or Komodo? name it what you want its a great disc -
Old 10-02-2019, 10:57 AM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 24.8
Courses Played: 135
Niced 2,277 Times in 864 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
Hey RDG, you should bring back the Warlock bottom with RDG top - it was the Element Disc IRIDIUM, and I think it went to AGL Manzanita? I use the Iridium alllll the time, great disc - RDG should run it and name it just saying. Triceratops? has that been used yet? Or Komodo? name it what you want its a great disc -
I was at the Gateway shop a couple of years ago flipping through the misprints when I picked up a Scale. Once I realized there were Scales in there I started looking for more; I didn't pay much attention, just went by feel and bought three. After I got home I realized two were Iridiums.

They do feel great in the hand, but out of the box they fly pretty much like a Scale. Do they beat in differently? Mine don't get used all that often; I prefer my Scales in Fossil plastic and my Iridiums are in...not fossil? Not sure what plastic they are, it feels kinda like an extra gritty and firm run of Eraser.

Old 10-02-2019, 11:17 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 580 Times in 426 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
I was at the Gateway shop a couple of years ago flipping through the misprints when I picked up a Scale. Once I realized there were Scales in there I started looking for more; I didn't pay much attention, just went by feel and bought three. After I got home I realized two were Iridiums.

They do feel great in the hand, but out of the box they fly pretty much like a Scale. Do they beat in differently? Mine don't get used all that often; I prefer my Scales in Fossil plastic and my Iridiums are in...not fossil? Not sure what plastic they are, it feels kinda like an extra gritty and firm run of Eraser.
So I started with a Scale, then got a Serpent - then found out about the Iridium. The IRIDIUM vs SCALE - they are both low glide, slow, and OS putters. I like No Bead - and its flight is more of a consistent hyzer the whole way when I felt the scale could lock on its line straighter then fade good. I found my finger getting caught on the bead or me - misreleasing it - so in flight, its about the same, I actually think the Iridiums that I have are more OS than the scale by a lil bit, but they work in really well and as they wear the bottom (beadles) area gets a little more smooth and comes out of the hand better for me. I like all those type of putters. But the Iridium was my go-to windy putter or Elevation putter. Also upshot a lot with it.
The Serpent is a disc I also REALLY like , but I tend to only bust it out on certain courses or in certain conditions (like wind/rain) as my straight approach disc being a Proxy or Atom does that job well.

when elevation, wind, rain come into play I bad a Serpent and Iridium and they save me a lot of strokes