Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2015, 04:06 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 46
Niced 97 Times in 76 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmoset View Post
meh...
depends on the disc. I have had XLs, Leos, and ELs that are all over the stability map.
I have had at least 10 XLs in various plastics (used to throw them a ton) I have a few DX and Champ ELs, and wayyy too many DX/Champ/Star Leos. All of them are inconsistently molded.

If, like me, you love the XL profile then you will be able to pick some overstables, stables and understables.

I don't know why this disc doesn't get much love.
Did you pair your XL with anything more stable? I'm thinking about pairing my PDs with the XL. Do you think that would be a good pairing?
Old 08-25-2015, 04:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13
Courses Played: 177
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 141 Times in 87 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crd 81 View Post
I threw the XL for a bit and went back to the Leopard. I've been thinking about going back to the XL. I think the XL is more like Eagle-L and a little more stable than the Leo.
I had FLX XL's, which I would imagine are less stable than eliteZ or Champ Eagle-L.

Quote:
Did you pair your XL with anything more stable? I'm thinking about pairing my PDs with the XL. Do you think that would be a good pairing?
If you are wanting to pair the PD with something of the same speed but less stable, I think something like a Valk, Sidewinder, OLS or Bandit would work better than an XL.
Old 08-25-2015, 04:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 49
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 474 Times in 317 Posts

A Z Nuke (Founder's Brewery Stamp) and a CryZtal Z Nuke were my go to drivers for years. After being Team Discraft for a couple years and only throwing Discraft, I'm a big fan of lots of their molds. Hornets are still the best OS Mid I've thrown. The Stalker is a phenomenal straight mid/fairway. The Avenger is a solid short distance driver. The Flick was my favorite sidearm driver for years and I threw Soft Magnets for about 8 years. LOVE the Soft Mag. I still carry one in my car (warped to ****e but still dead straight) for some throwback bagging times when I feel like throwing a whole DC bag again...

All around, as a Michigander, I'm a huge DC fan. They have an awesome factory and let players do walk-throughs, make amazing molds, and I still have home-pride. However, since taking about three years off the sport and the guys from DC and Innova left and formed Prodigy, I'm finding a lot more comfort throwing Prodigy discs. Guess I'll have to move to TN...
Old 08-25-2015, 05:48 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.4
Niced 811 Times in 371 Posts

Quote:
Yes, I carried Predators in various states of wear. A thrashed Z Pred is a thing of pure beauty

PDs? It depends... are you looking for something the same speed as the XL but more overstable? If so then the PD is not the best choice; PDs are decently faster.

I personally think PDs are a fantastic pairing because it opens up shot options that the XLs can't readily do. PDs are better at low distance, wind resistance, skips, etc. but are still very controllable. It will take a bit of beating before the PD starts flying like an XL. XLs are substantially less stable in general. There are freakshow XLs but they are rare.

I think you have a great idea for your driver flowchart

Last edited by Marmoset; 08-25-2015 at 05:51 PM.
Old 08-25-2015, 06:10 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 46
Niced 97 Times in 76 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmoset View Post
Yes, I carried Predators in various states of wear. A thrashed Z Pred is a thing of pure beauty

PDs? It depends... are you looking for something the same speed as the XL but more overstable? If so then the PD is not the best choice; PDs are decently faster.

I personally think PDs are a fantastic pairing because it opens up shot options that the XLs can't readily do. PDs are better at low distance, wind resistance, skips, etc. but are still very controllable. It will take a bit of beating before the PD starts flying like an XL. XLs are substantially less stable in general. There are freakshow XLs but they are rare.

I think you have a great idea for your driver flowchart
The difference in speed is one of the reasons for me wanting to pair them together. That and the PD is more of the "power" disc and XL is more of the "control/finesse" disc.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:03 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 7
Niced 109 Times in 59 Posts

I LOVE my Buzzzes! I bag two in ProD, one that's nicely beat in and one that I only throw when there aren't any trees to hit. I just scored one on eBay in a lot with a couple other discs, and thought it looked like ProD, but when it came I was happy to find that it's a Z. I'm looking forward to trying it.

I also bag an X2. When I throw it right it holds an anny line very nicely.
Old 08-25-2015, 09:06 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 47
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

There is not near enough Buzzz love in this thread. Maybe cause it's just a given that the Buzzz is one amazing disc.

I love me some Discraft, and for years I have gotten a lot of hate for it here in Innovaland. I was throwing almost all Discraft until MVP came out, and have slowly transitioned away from DC to almost all MVP, but no mids MVP offers come even close to my Buzzzes so far, and I'm in no hurry to replace them. For long approaches and drives in the 200' - 275' range nothing quite compares to the Buzzz for me. Left, right or straight the Buzz can easily cover them all.
Old 08-25-2015, 10:04 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 227
Niced 61 Times in 53 Posts

Quote:
Also, is the Heat essentially a RoadRunner?
I'm only familiar with the Ace Race Heat, but it isn't as understable as a Roadrunner. Maybe closer to beefy Z Sidewinder stability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grotto View Post
Bought a first run Hellfire and almost traded it off after a week as it was too much disc for me but, I stuck with it.[... ] now I love it and it has a bit more glide too for those forehand flex shots!
I'm right with you. Now that the glide has been beaten out, it's a very useful utility disc. It's slow enough to straighten it out at full power before hooking up, but at 80%, it'll cut hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Bogey View Post
I also bag an X2. When I throw it right it holds an anny line very nicely.
X2 is an awesome mold. Very Eagle'ish. It's definetly on my OOP revival wish list.

Old 08-25-2015, 11:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 21 Times in 17 Posts

well the buzzz has been in my bag for the last two week and about 9 rounds. i am not sure i can take it out. parked a few holes today and maybe now after all these years I'm starting to see why people love them.

hit cage today with my z zone. about three inches too low on a 220 hole. damn there is something great about having a short chip style disc you can depend on.

im not one to keep discs around for very long cause i am dumb and like to wast time and money but these two are earning slots that may be permanent.