Old 01-25-2017, 08:41 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 49.8
Courses Played: 4
Niced 167 Times in 109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EROPPER View Post
can't go wrong with a Krait for BH and FH drives, I've recently fallen in love -again- with my Gstar mcbeth Krait
I'm getting close to putting something faster back in the bag. I've had a Krait before, but it was blizz champ. I think a Sidewinder is what I've decided on once the time comes.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2017, 05:44 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 26
Niced 51 Times in 42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmcgee View Post
I'm getting close to putting something faster back in the bag. I've had a Krait before, but it was blizz champ. I think a Sidewinder is what I've decided on once the time comes.
I think you would like the Gstar version of the Krait, it starts out feeling worn in, and only gets straighter with use, the fade is minimal as well, a great all around disc- great distance potential as well, and not too flippy in windy conditions- for FH drives, it does as advertised, resists high speed tern, and goes very far if thrown properly--not to mention the grippy feel of Gstar in cold weather, very nice for winter throwing

of course the Champ version will be more beefy/OS even the regular star is somewhat more OS- lighter weights are also easier to handle at speed 11

Niced: (1)
Old 01-25-2017, 09:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Revision:

Forgot to mention the Gateway Big Dog I picked up the other day. Been trying it out for approaches. Nice thing about it is it doesn't take any extra room. Also ordered a 150 DX Polecat and it looks like it will be here in time for the weekend. Probably pull a Rhyno to make room for it.

Old 01-25-2017, 11:53 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,148 Times in 1,582 Posts

Quote:
You might try a non-Blizzard Champion Krait. I like mine a lot, probably should have it in the bag more than I do...

And yes, IMHO you'll like the Sidewinder.

Last edited by SD86; 01-25-2017 at 11:56 PM.
Old 01-26-2017, 12:22 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
You might try a non-Blizzard Champion Krait. I like mine a lot, probably should have it in the bag more than I do...

And yes, IMHO you'll like the Sidewinder.
Not a fan of champ plastic in feel or colors. I find the translucent colors hard to find. I'm throwing Teebirds now so I figure stepping up to a speed 9 or 10 should keep the adjustments minimal.
Old 02-03-2017, 07:25 PM
* Ace Member *

So Polecats are freaking awesome. I've been playing this sport for however long it says in my stats and I never considered throwing lids. I guess I fell into the speed trap as a noob and just kinda overlooked them ever since. My Polecat is a 150 DX and it is so glidey and straight. Having such a slow, glidey disc really changes how you approach putting. The Big Dog is fun too. Man it can handle some power, not that I have much, for a lid.

Just when I think I have my bag figured out.

Old 02-03-2017, 10:36 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 25 Times in 20 Posts

Quote:
So Polecats are freaking awesome. I've been playing this sport for however long it says in my stats and I never considered throwing lids. I guess I fell into the speed trap as a noob and just kinda overlooked them ever since. My Polecat is a 150 DX and it is so glidey and straight. Having such a slow, glidey disc really changes how you approach putting. The Big Dog is fun too. Man it can handle some power, not that I have much, for a lid.

Just when I think I have my bag figured out.

What is a Gateway Big Dog is it a a OS lid ?
Old 02-03-2017, 11:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipFlat View Post
What is a Gateway Big Dog is it a a OS lid ?
Gateway has two lids, as far as I know. I tried checking their site earlier to see it they had others, but their casual disc section didn't show anything. Anyway, they have the DoggieStyle and the Big Dog. They both use a thumbtrack/fastback top, but the Big Dog uses a deeper bottom mold. I wouldn't say the Big Dog is OS, but it handles power and has some fade. I don't find it to be as glidey as others do, the thumbtrack kills some of it. I'm having a lot of fun with it so far though. Every putt and approach today I had the Big Dog and Polecat in hand, pretty easy since the PC stashes rather nicely inside the BD.

Old 02-04-2017, 09:14 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 25 Times in 20 Posts

I just might have to try one sounds fun maybe my Birdie might also make a stash with it. Seems like more DGCR members like the polecat more than the Birdie. The to buy list keeps growing Zephyr,polecat,Condor,Big Dog,G*tee-bird,FD,Relay,Scale this dam site is costing me $��

Old 02-20-2017, 08:12 PM
* Ace Member *

So I went to one of the area PIAS looking for a speed 9 US driver to up my distance potential. Ended up with a Star Roadrunner and a CFD. I'm digging the FD so far as it flies similar to a DX Teebird, although it gets better distance even in less glidey Champ plastic. The RR didn't see many throws as the wind was gusting and there wasn't many chances to throw without a headwind. So an SFD is on the list now, or maybe a GFD. They can wait as I have quite a few TB's sitting around.

Big Dog - approaches

DX Polecat - approaches

DX Rhyno *2 - putting/short drives

VRoc *3 (2 DX & 1 GStar) - mids

Star Gator - Gator stuff

DX Teebird - fairway

CFD - fairway

Star RR - testing for BH distance