Old 01-05-2017, 04:03 PM
*Moderator*

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 33
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 491 Times in 191 Posts

Main issue: you are rounding in a big way.

so the red and terribly drawn bulls eye is your actual trajectory. Right now all your x-step and momentum is heading along this line:

... and because you're not keeping the disc on a line from the top of the backswing to the right pec and then forward through the extension, you're getting the rounding.

All of your x-step, or 1-step or whatever needs to be pushing down the line and that's quite a bit of what bracing your weight is about.
Attached Images
File Type: png round.PNG (121.7 KB, 164 views)
File Type: jpg round2.jpg (11.2 KB, 154 views)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2017, 06:00 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 48
Niced 202 Times in 154 Posts

So whenever I consciously focus on not rounding, I end up almost falling over forward because I'm so used to reaching around my body and that feels "centered" to me. What's the best way to overcome this? What should be counterweighting my arm being out so far from my body?
Old 01-05-2017, 06:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 45
Niced 577 Times in 293 Posts

Your butt. Bend your knees and get your nose over your toes.
Old 01-05-2017, 06:20 PM
*Moderator*

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 33
Niced 491 Times in 191 Posts

Old 01-05-2017, 06:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 219
Niced 2,785 Times in 1,714 Posts

Yeah it's a two folded rounded issue or a hooked hyzer as I like to call it. As HUB pointed out your footwork and weight is moving 20 degrees rightward, but your disc is going 20 degrees leftward. You are over compensating your footwork direction to attempt to close your body, instead of actually turning your body(front side) further back on the line at the plant, butt facing target like in first part of the Hershyzer drill. The second rounding issue is the arm collapsing/hugging, your elbow needs to maintain being more forward and out wide - so your upper arm is never less than 90 degrees from your shoulder line. This is what gives you space to swing straight through and helps keep your front shoulder closed and keeps the rear shoulder out of the way of the swing. Your release point is going to feel much wider/forward and in tune with the shoulders. Initially it feels very counter intuitive like your arm has no "reachback", but you will likely surprise yourself with the results.

The balance issue, see the second part of the Hershyzer where you push your elbow or hand against the wall. The rear foot/leg counters the arm swing behind the front leg.
Old 01-05-2017, 06:45 PM
Eagle Member

I've watched those videos so many times and its still just not clicking. Guess I have to keep trying. Thanks for the help guys, I will get this eventually.
Old 01-05-2017, 07:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by UhhNegative View Post
I've watched those videos so many times and its still just not clicking. Guess I have to keep trying. Thanks for the help guys, I will get this eventually.
Have you actually done any of the drills?
Old 01-06-2017, 01:49 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
Have you actually done any of the drills?
Not as much as I should...

Here are some standstills I did today. Felt awful and looks really bad too. I felt no power from this position.

Old 01-06-2017, 02:46 PM
Eagle Member

And I made a video describing my limited mobility in my wrist and how that might come into play.

Old 01-06-2017, 04:24 PM
* Ace Member *

Your grip is not very good and have a few swing alignment issues from your body to disc and your mobility should be fine, you actually should be internally rotating your shoulder and pronating the forearm some into the finish(See water battle drill below), you are showing external shoulder rotation and forearm supination as your compensation due to your front shoulder being too high/spine tilted back/not being balanced weight forward and throwing rather overstable discs. Start with the 2 finger grip I show in the video below and Robbie uses and then you can easily modify the other fingers while maintaining the same index and thumb pressures. I'd also suggest throwing mostly putters/mids and understable to stable fairway drivers.

If you look at the top of the backswing pic,(Door Frame Drill position) note how your head and shoulder are behind your rear ankle, so you are leaning outside of your posture, while I'm levering my whole body/hips and weight forward of the ankle and more centered between my feet/stance/posture.

If you look at the power zone pic, note how your spine is leaning back and rear arm hanging back so your front shoulder is way high and your disc/lower arm swing doesn't match your shoulder plane. You can see I've made a more forward move off my rear foot/side so my rear shoulder/arm is well forward of the rear foot and tight to the body, and I'm still bracing the front hip and keeping everything more balanced and centered.

Last edited by sidewinder22; 01-06-2017 at 04:27 PM.