Old 10-05-2017, 01:09 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 74 Times in 31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Dewgarita View Post
I don't know all of the details, I do know multiple people that have played with her, and she was caught straight up cheating many times, and early on it was her dad doing the cheating for her. Not nearly all of the instances were reported to the TD/PDGA and were dealt with on the card, and we can only guess that she got away with it on other occasions. Things from writing down a different score for herself than what she says out loud, to saying a different score than she actually shot "Oops, I forgot"
What?!? Unbelievable. If your dad is not only encouraging you to cheat but facilitating it I really can't blame the child, this goes 100% on the parent. I am ok with a light penalty for her and a lifetime ban for dad.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2017, 01:30 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 157 Times in 76 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingus View Post
What?!? Unbelievable. If your dad is not only encouraging you to cheat but facilitating it I really can't blame the child, this goes 100% on the parent. I am ok with a light penalty for her and a lifetime ban for dad.
I partially agree with you....

I mean, this is a person who is old enough to operate a metal death machine on wheels. She should have some sort of ability to think and make her own decisions.

However, it is hard to tell a parent to **** off, especially when they provide for you.

Regardless, at 16, it isn't unreasonable to expect people to know right from wrong. If it is a case of her willfully cheating, this suspension is wayyyy too light.
Old 10-05-2017, 01:31 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 112
Niced 273 Times in 133 Posts

Reminds me of the cliche...

Golf doesn't show character, it reveals it.

Old 10-05-2017, 01:39 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10
Courses Played: 1341
Niced 606 Times in 235 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaSnapples View Post
I partially agree with you....

I mean, this is a person who is old enough to operate a metal death machine on wheels. She should have some sort of ability to think and make her own decisions.
The specific instance I refer to was April of 2014 - so she was 13 at the time with her dad caddying for her

Niced: (1)
Old 10-05-2017, 01:40 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 47.7
Courses Played: 60
Niced 359 Times in 198 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingus View Post
I can absolutely blame the 16-year-old '100%' and believe the penalty to be insultingly light.

Old 10-05-2017, 01:45 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 29.5
Courses Played: 64
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,373 Times in 464 Posts

Pretty sure her dad is a Pastor.

Old 10-05-2017, 01:45 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 52
Niced 4,173 Times in 2,219 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Dewgarita View Post
The specific instance I refer to was April of 2014 - so she was 13 at the time with her dad caddying for her
Was that at BG Ams? That was the first time I remember meeting them. Had just got done practicing a few holes at Lover's Lane when they pulled into the lot next to me. They seemed like good people and I even sold them a Cincy club stamped Destroyer. Spoke with the dad several times since at different events. There did seem to be a "living vicariously" kind of thing going on...
Old 10-05-2017, 02:02 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 5
Niced 477 Times in 231 Posts

Weird stuff. I heard some very similar stories about a young gun around my parts. He was caught multiple times. He ended up getting internet shamed for it, which I thought was pretty pathetic considering it was a teenager and the shamers were mostly grown people.

I hope she learns her lesson from this and sentencing aside, you do have to consider age with these things. I will never defend cheating, but the adolescent brain plays a major factor. If dad was in the know he should be tarred and feathered for sure though.
Old 10-05-2017, 02:04 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 517
Niced 132 Times in 64 Posts

Kids want to be relevant so bad, they will do anything. Seeing this a lot in many cities across the regions with extremely unethical behavior. Some clubs take a nose dive with younger leaders who raid the bank acct., then quit playing dg once they get caught.

It's easy to tell who the shady characters are, because they usually have a dislike for me and what I stand for.

Old 10-05-2017, 02:07 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 74 Times in 31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDSM View Post
I can absolutely blame the 16-year-old '100%' and believe the penalty to be insultingly light.
Meh, you are four times her age, not so sure you need to be insulted by this. Let her dad take the big hit, put her on notice, and if she steps over the line by a hairs width hit her with the big guns.