Old 09-16-2019, 08:01 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 672 Times in 366 Posts

Quick question. Slomezes aside, do they ever make follow flights off other shots than off the tee? Cant really remember now. Just started thinking about it when there were amazing second shots hitting the pole from 300+ft out on the GMC footage.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2019, 10:52 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 1,773 Times in 422 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosteve View Post
Apparently Jomez isn’t filming the USDGC now. This doesn’t make sense to me. I think the USDGC videos have a good chance to get picked up by the algorithm.
My understanding is that Fulcrum is going to be doing live again this year. They were talking about their plans in the chat room broadcast of GMC. And SpinTV is going to be taking care of post production. This could be a money saving measure or just a push to keep everything in house. I did hear that Jomez will be onsite and might be working on some other things? I don't know what that entails.
Old 09-16-2019, 02:40 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.6
Courses Played: 56
Niced 50 Times in 31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flick Maniac View Post
Quick question. Slomezes aside, do they ever make follow flights off other shots than off the tee? Cant really remember now. Just started thinking about it when there were amazing second shots hitting the pole from 300+ft out on the GMC footage.
I want to see Slomezes from the tee.
Old 09-16-2019, 05:55 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 159 Times in 53 Posts

The BigSexy coverage of Green Mountain is some of the most entertaining disc golf coverage I've ever watched. Jerm and Nate have perfected blending in just the right amount of comedic stuff without distracting from the description of the play on the course. My two highlights of the tournament coverage that have nothing to do with the play:

1) Nate using the word "fade" when talking about the finish of a disc. I know I'm being too retentive, but it bothers me when people talk about the disc "hyzering out."

2) Jerm coining "chicken digit" to refer to a forehand throw. I will be using that with my friends from now on.

Niced: (2)
Old 09-16-2019, 06:03 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 86
Niced 73 Times in 47 Posts

Jomez wasn't invited to film the USDGC
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20190916-174311_Messenger Lite.jpg (83.3 KB, 51 views)
Old 09-16-2019, 07:14 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 44
Niced 287 Times in 127 Posts

I’ll be there in my Jomez shirt & hat and will make sure I get on camera.

Old 09-17-2019, 04:28 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 672 Times in 366 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMonk View Post
The BigSexy coverage of Green Mountain is some of the most entertaining disc golf coverage I've ever watched. Jerm and Nate have perfected blending in just the right amount of comedic stuff without distracting from the description of the play on the course. My two highlights of the tournament coverage that have nothing to do with the play:

1) Nate using the word "fade" when talking about the finish of a disc. I know I'm being too retentive, but it bothers me when people talk about the disc "hyzering out."

2) Jerm coining "chicken digit" to refer to a forehand throw. I will be using that with my friends from now on.
Even more annoying is "get stable" when meaning fade.

Old 09-17-2019, 11:14 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,590 Times in 1,647 Posts

Quote:
For some reason I have an image in my head of a Follow Flight when Eagle got a 2 by skipping in a 350ish FH on his second shot on an 800ish par 4. I can't remember the specific video, but my point is I think it's happened.

Old 09-17-2019, 11:17 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 131
Niced 661 Times in 300 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
For some reason I have an image in my head of a Follow Flight when Eagle got a 2 by skipping in a 350ish FH on his second shot on an 800ish par 4. I can't remember the specific video, but my point is I think it's happened.
Pretty sure I recall one of Paul's second shots getting follow flight treatment. One long Par 5 hole he hit cage on, just missing the albatross. Cant recall the tournament in question but seem to recall it might have been a Teebird3 shot.

Niced: (1)

Old 09-17-2019, 11:23 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 4
Niced 164 Times in 54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
2018 GBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future_Primitive View Post
Pretty sure I recall one of Paul's second shots getting follow flight treatment. One long Par 5 hole he hit cage on, just missing the albatross. Cant recall the tournament in question but seem to recall it might have been a Teebird3 shot.
2018 Nick Hyde