Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.5
Courses Played: 126
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 43 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicair View Post

May I ask. Who was the volunteer?
Jason...that's all I know. He kept bugging us to refill his Aderal "prescription" while we were setting up camp by Chestnut. Kept coming around and said he could take our payment to save us time, too. We declined and payed up in the lock box.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2019, 06:37 PM

Years Playing: 21.2
Niced 8 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger45 View Post
Jason...that's all I know. He kept bugging us to refill his Aderal "prescription" while we were setting up camp by Chestnut. Kept coming around and said he could take our payment to save us time, too. We declined and payed up in the lock box.
Did he do any freestyle a cappella rapping perchance?
Old 01-21-2019, 08:46 PM
**Stickin'Putts**

Years Playing: 20.5
Courses Played: 573
Niced 198 Times in 82 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenga54 View Post
If you have a complex with 6 courses and multiple buildings, every day is a work day.
This whole place has a complex...AMIRITE???
Old 01-21-2019, 08:48 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 109
Niced 349 Times in 148 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyCritters View Post
This whole place has a complex...AMIRITE???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenga54 View Post
If you have a complex with 6 courses and multiple buildings, every day is a work day.
If you have a complex and work at a complex of that complexity it gets pretty complicated

Niced: (2)
Old 01-24-2019, 05:24 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 144
Niced 277 Times in 166 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger45 View Post
I worked on the property in the summer of 2006... Jason was the first name that came to mind. And not because there were two of them there that summer. That dude was an interesting time...
Old 01-24-2019, 06:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.4
Courses Played: 94
Niced 1,964 Times in 825 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWoj View Post
I worked on the property in the summer of 2006... Jason was the first name that came to mind. And not because there were two of them there that summer. That dude was an interesting time...
Lots of "interesting" up there at HBH by all accounts... how far to Black River Falls? ( Wisconsin Death Trip and all that... )
Old 01-24-2019, 06:17 PM
.:Hall of Fame Member:.

Years Playing: 30.6
Courses Played: 692
Niced 1,556 Times in 709 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscoe View Post
Lots of "interesting" up there at HBH by all accounts... how far to Black River Falls? ( Wisconsin Death Trip and all that... )
About 3 hours. You can check out Tick's private course in Osseo, not too far from Black River Falls, on your way to HBH

Niced: (2)
Old 01-24-2019, 08:26 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 144
Niced 277 Times in 166 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscoe View Post
Haha that summer was "interesting." Four of us, me, two Jasons, and a Dan. Hendrickson, Dan, and I showed up in May sometime and were set up in what I think you're calling now the bunkhouse. We lived in there while we put in insulation, put up drywall, painted... I'd get bored at like 2am and just start painting the ceiling. We got the doors installed on the building during the second month there. I woke up one morning and walked into the lil clubhouse didn't realize a tick had decided to embed itself in my forehead over night until someone told me. Lots of campers showing up with various things to imbibe and lots of night rounds of golf. Lots of weed whipping. My dumb ass breaking a mower blade because shorter grass on the greens looked cooler. Getting all of our drinking water on semi-daily trips to nearby aquifers. Wouldn't trade the experience for the world.

Old 01-24-2019, 08:37 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 6
Niced 494 Times in 265 Posts
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by harr0140 View Post
Knowing Toms personality . . . I am excited for the future of Highbridge. I am already working on plans to host a tournament at Highbridge this summer/fall. I also am planning to host a Team Disc Golf Experience weekend there with my entire team. I will also be offering any assistance Tom needs to help get more people up there, if he needs assistance in addressing maintenance issues of the past. I am a long work history in property maintenance and might have some techniques or possible specialty equipment that might make the job easier. I would also like to put together a work party of sorts to bring anyone who wants to volunteer for a weekend to help get the course into perfect condition for the start of the 2019 season. Ill be talking to Tom about those details in the near future too.
Always wanted to make the 3 hour trip up there. Haven't had the chance to yet. However, if volunteer hours are needed, I would love to come up and lend a hand!

As long as it's not all work, no play!

Old 01-28-2019, 08:21 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 571 Times in 263 Posts

I am already looking forward to all the developments in this new thread. The HBH saga is easily my favorite on this site. Will never in a million years make the trek but I’ve said it before & I’ll say it again- the backstory and triumph here would make an awesome variation of a Caddyshack screenplay.