Old 09-04-2019, 08:23 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.9
Niced 209 Times in 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
Not that I'll throw perfectly I just want to get away from the mechanical motion I was using and try to feel more "free" when I putt.
You'll still need to have the mechanical motion as a ``handrail'' to hold yourself upright and in direction with for cases when you don't feel it. If you feel it, simply ignore the handrail.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2019, 08:56 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 51
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 282 Times in 177 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
I think I've finally convinced myself that having a putting mold and a throwing putter mold is ok. I'm way more comfortable throwing the Steady than a Challenger - and completely the opposite for putting. I cost myself a few strokes last weekend not being comfortable with throwing Challengers. Just going to have to make it work!

I've always leaned to minimizing molds, which made this harder decision than it needed to be. Results speak for themselves though!
I go back and forth with this conundrum pretty often, trying a throwing putter, than adding a throwing judge (since I putt them), rinse wash repeat.

Recently decided it’s fine! Now I toss around a Tomb and feel comfortable doing so!

Niced: (1)
Old 09-18-2019, 08:19 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 91
Niced 1,079 Times in 538 Posts

Getting near the end of my season, with only potentially 1 tournament left (if I qualify for it, since it's invitation only) This will be my bag for the rest of the year, and slightly condensed for wintertime golf starting in November. I seem to have lost my Power Forehand off the tee after laying off of it for about a month due to a left oblique strain, which totally sucks. Still doing fine with shorter FH off the tee and approaches.

Distance drivers
174 PL FLX Hurricane, newish - pretty overstable, long hyzers/headwind drives
174 SP Hurricane, slight wear - very flat, mainly used for long forehand shots, and distance shots in the wind.
171 SP Hurricane, worn - beat to slightly understable, will flip up or nice shallow S-turn

Fairway drivers
174 Z Predator (pearly plastic, old X stamp), new - the beef. slight dome but is overstable AND has glide
171 Z Predator, new - very flat, mainly forehands and FH rollers
174 FR Z Undertaker, new - fresh in the cycle, very overstable Undertaker
174 FR Z Undertaker, worn - flies like a standard run, new Z plastic 'taker.
174 ESP Undertaker, newish - works lines, has decent turn and predictable fade.
168 Z Undertaker, worn - slightly understable, good for flip ups and long gentle turning shots
174 ESP Avenger SS, newish - longer, harder right turning shots, rollers
159 D Avenger SS, newish - quick flipping rollers. gets down quick and curls

Midranges
179 CryZtal Drone, new - mini-predator. Great for short spike approaches and forehands
178 Swirl Glow ESP Wasp, newish - still a nice overstable midrange
177 CT JB Wasp, newish - took a chunk out hitting a rock, just very very straight now
176 JB Wasp, worn - I can finally get a little hyzer flip to turn on this one.
176 MJ ESP Glow Comet, worn - money straight disc in the woods. finesse turning shots too

Putters
172 Z Zone, newish - almost exclusively used for FH approaches and short FH drives
174 D-Line Steady, worn - approaches and straight to slight turnover approaches
174 Glow MF4 Steady, new - nice slightly overstable driving putter
173 D Challenger (x3) - all putting duties

Probably won't have as an expansive lineup next year. 20 discs is right where I want to be, and the octothorpe is just too much bag for that size loadout. I'll be getting a Carlton in the spring at least, as an upgrade to the Shift I'll be using all winter for a more 'normalized' loadout.

Last edited by VictorB; 09-18-2019 at 08:22 AM.
Old 09-20-2019, 08:01 AM
* Ace Member *

Because I can't leave sleeping dogs lie....back to the 'winter' bag already.

Wasps out for Aftershocks - aftershocks fly like slightly worn Wasps, which is what I needed the whole time. My JB Wasp which is just getting beat in is pretty similar to a new PL aftershock in flight (added bonus that the aftershock is much easier to replace - I have 3 total JB wasps and already am hesitant to start cycling them)

Steadys out again for Challengers - challengers are fine throwing putters. just need to put time in practicing throwing them.

Condensed the drivers a bit so now I'm at 18 discs total. 19 or so would be a full loadout, so I'm listing my Octothorpe and getting a Carlton.

Old 10-04-2019, 09:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Had fun throwing aftershocks and quakes, but there's just a "thinner" feel to them that doesn't mesh well with me. I like the deeper feel of the drone and wasp better for my modified fan grip. I feel like I have to power grip the aftershock and quake. SO, while they are all good discs, I'll stick with the ones that feel natural to me.

Old 10-04-2019, 09:58 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Niced 292 Times in 191 Posts

Are you sponsored by DGA/Discraft?
Nice avatar, Black Clover is great
Old 10-05-2019, 08:16 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasissouth View Post
Are you sponsored by DGA/Discraft?
Nice avatar, Black Clover is great
Nope, just always liked discraft plastic. Started trying out some dga after meeting Shasta and seeing him win MidAmerica in 2018. Just a personal preference.

Black clover is a really underrated show. As a shonen it's right up there with Bleach and Dragonball. But it's not a typical "continually get stronger to beat the baddie" trope

Old 10-15-2019, 03:05 PM
* Ace Member *

FINAL UPDATE OF 2019

Playing in a local match play event this weekend, and this will be my lineup for that, and going into winter:

Distance drivers
174 PL FLX Hurricane, newish - pretty overstable, long hyzers/headwind drives
174 SP Hurricane, slight wear - very flat, mainly used for long forehand shots, and distance shots in the wind.
171 SP Hurricane, worn - beat to slightly understable, will flip up or nice shallow S-turn

Fairway drivers
174 Z Predator (pearly plastic, old X stamp), new - the beef. slight dome but is overstable AND has glide
174 Z Predator, beat - this is my anax/thunderbird/etc slot disc. More stability when throwing a undertaker hard, but not as much wind resistance as a new predator.
174 FR Z Undertaker, new - fresh in the cycle, very overstable Undertaker
174 ESP Undertaker, newish - works lines, has decent turn and predictable fade.
168 Z Undertaker, worn - slightly understable, good for flip ups and long gentle turning shots
174 ESP Avenger SS, newish - longer, harder right turning shots, rollers

Midranges
177 FF PL Quake, new - slots right in between a zone and drone. Longer than a zone, less fade than a drone.
177 Shastashock, newish - slightly overstable midrange.
174 PL Aftershock, slight wear - straight workhorse, can force anny and will hold
176 MJ ESP Glow Comet, worn - straight finesse shots, and hyzerflips/turning shots

Putters
174 D-Line Steady, worn - approaches and straight to slight turnover approaches
174 Glow MF4 Steady, new - nice slightly overstable driving putter
174 D-Line Steady, worn - putting only

Going to try out a Squall over the winter. Put the aftershocks in since I don't want to risk breaking a JB Wasp at all since they are so scarce. They very likely will stick in the bag once I get over the slightly shallower feel of them.