Old 07-21-2017, 10:38 AM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Improve me

Hi,

Please help me with my form. I have reached some kind of plateu with a max of 140 m and I am having troubles getting past it. I find it also hard to be consistent. I see on the videos below that I am not reaching back enough and that I start the throw before I plant my foot for maximum momentum. Any more errors? More wrist action perhaps? What to do to getting past where I have stuck? Any drills or suggestions?

Feel free to be hard on me.

https://youtu.be/Xck6EASRhXs

https://youtu.be/5_RM_59bxQo

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2017, 03:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 219
Niced 2,750 Times in 1,706 Posts

Slow down. Your whole front side from foot to shoulder is open when you plant instead of closed, so you are limiting your range of motion on the front leg. Need to keep turning back into the plant, let the Door Frame pull your shoulders further back as your weight/butt moved forward into the plant. You start accelerating the disc forward too early before you plant the front toes and look at your front foot angle compared to any pro.

Niced: (1)
Old 01-02-2018, 03:31 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thank you for your feedback.

Here comes two more videos. Any improvements?

https://youtu.be/SgCvGXTCIu8

https://youtu.be/0k03xTnITNU

Old 01-02-2018, 04:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Much better with the front foot/plant. Now your rear foot is slightly too backward and your body turning backward too early in the x-step/backswing, so your disc is accelerating forward too early before you plant. I'd recommend taking a full pre-swing like Feldberg to help keep your balance and rhythm and the disc still in place while your body moves forward into the plant ahead of the disc. You want to keep the disc still in place to the top of the backswing/transition, so that you can increase the change of acceleration/direction on the disc after you plant and initiate the forward swing. See Door Frame Drills especially part 3 working around the disc/door frame.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...ad.php?t=91096

Old 01-03-2018, 10:29 AM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
Much better with the front foot/plant. Now your rear foot is slightly too backward and your body turning backward too early in the x-step/backswing, so your disc is accelerating forward too early before you plant. I'd recommend taking a full pre-swing like Feldberg to help keep your balance and rhythm and the disc still in place while your body moves forward into the plant ahead of the disc. You want to keep the disc still in place to the top of the backswing/transition, so that you can increase the change of acceleration/direction on the disc after you plant and initiate the forward swing. See Door Frame Drills especially part 3 working around the disc/door frame.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...ad.php?t=91096

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate it a lot! Can we agree though that feldberg doesn’t keep the disc still although he does move around the disc? The disc is moving until he is in the top of his backswing from I can see on the video.

Old 01-03-2018, 12:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,590 Times in 1,647 Posts

I would also slow down a bit, be more upright with the spine, and reach out wider at the backswing...wider upper arm/shoulder angle. All of these things contribute to you trying to keep the disc in the right place during a fast throwing motion, but it ends up swinging up and above your elbow. I have this issue and the harder I try to throw the worse it becomes because I'm moving faster than my form allows me to stay in balance.
Old 01-03-2018, 03:03 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
I would also slow down a bit, be more upright with the spine, and reach out wider at the backswing...wider upper arm/shoulder angle. All of these things contribute to you trying to keep the disc in the right place during a fast throwing motion, but it ends up swinging up and above your elbow. I have this issue and the harder I try to throw the worse it becomes because I'm moving faster than my form allows me to stay in balance.

Reach out wider as in ”closer to the camera?”

Old 01-03-2018, 03:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampejo View Post
Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate it a lot! Can we agree though that feldberg doesn’t keep the disc still although he does move around the disc? The disc is moving until he is in the top of his backswing from I can see on the video.

From the bottom of the backswing by the rear foot up to the top of the backswing the disc fairly remains in place.
Old 01-03-2018, 04:20 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
From the bottom of the backswing by the rear foot up to the top of the backswing the disc fairly remains in place.

I agree. Thought you meant that he kept it in place all the way from the hit point in the push.

Do you recommend to use feldbergs technique with an almost straight arm as a pendulum. He is a bit unique in that way. He does use his left arm in a bit unique way as well.

Old 01-03-2018, 04:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampejo View Post
I agree. Thought you meant that he kept it in place all the way from the hit point in the push.

Do you recommend to use feldbergs technique with an almost straight arm as a pendulum. He is a bit unique in that way. He does use his left arm in a bit unique way as well.

It may feel or appear to you in the 1st person(it does to me) like the disc remains in place the entire backswing - feel/appearance ain't always real when observed from 3rd person though.

I use the same backswing as Feldberg, IMO it's easier to sequence everything with the straight arm pendulum backswing. McBeth's is similar as well as many other top pros.

Feldberg doesn't bend his elbow much in the forward swing because he has an old shoulder injury, so it's not ideal. He teaches bent elbow and is what the vast majority of pros use. There's nothing wrong with playing around with a straighter arm and it may help teach you something about the throw. He basically uses a ball golf swing and you can kind of see that with the rear arm as well. I'd recommend doing something more like McBeth's rear arm, or just keeping your rear hand on the rear thigh like Marc Jarvis.