Old 12-13-2017, 10:22 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 97
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 155 Times in 87 Posts

Having just pulled one out of the closet, the rim is so shallow I can't get my index finger tucked under it. What are you supposed to hold on to? I'll try to throw one of these again to see what happens. I can't see it ending well. I'm out of my element.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2017, 09:36 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 55 Times in 37 Posts

The new runs of elements should have a traditional inner rim. I don't have any place local to feel them up.
Old 12-14-2017, 02:46 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 10
Niced 11 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audible Vibration View Post
Sabre was my first thought too based on numbers, but I haven’t thrown one of those. I do agree with a diamond assassin as a solid option. I have a 171-175 (can’t remember exactly) and I’m able to get some decent turn out of it. And that is with me being a noodle arm that usually throws low speed drivers in the 160’s.
If you get the chance, check out the overmold Assassins, has a gummy evo core almost like Innova driver pro with a Diamond wing and they are absolute rockets for a "speed 9" driver. Never a big arm, but got the longest drive I've seen in years with one, huge hyzer flips.
Old 12-14-2017, 06:46 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 7
Niced 93 Times in 60 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by disctildeath View Post
If you get the chance, check out the overmold Assassins, has a gummy evo core almost like Innova driver pro with a Diamond wing and they are absolute rockets for a "speed 9" driver. Never a big arm, but got the longest drive I've seen in years with one, huge hyzer flips.
I actually have one of those, but haven’t gotten around to throwing it much. But I do recall it being super flippy, so I could see it being a bomber. The flight reminded me of my falk, but the falk’s K1 plastic is so awesome, which is why I haven’t thrown the overmold very often.
Old 03-13-2018, 05:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 157
Niced 399 Times in 282 Posts

I'm curious who's throwing these and what people think. I just picked up an Evolution one (not the newer Platinum/Diamond versions) and I'm wondering why all the Buzzz comparisons. To me it feels like a tweener in the hand (longer than mid, shorter than fairway) but I need to field test it.
Old 07-25-2018, 08:45 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 97
Niced 59 Times in 40 Posts

As an aging discer whose been around for a while, I've tried a lot of different discs. The one thing that I've had issues with are shots that I don't want to fade and need about 310-330 range. While powering a mid up could get me there possibly, I usually sacrificed accuracy. Then I would try to power down a fairway and it usually meant I could get it there, but again the accuracy played in because of the stability kicking in at the end of the flight. Now, fast forward to trying out the new run of Diamond Elements. This disc while it's numbers do put it in the realm of the buzzz, truth, verdict, etc; is sneaky long. It sure seems to have given me the control and distance needed for this type of shot. The more rounds I get in with it, the more I find myself reaching for it when I'm unsure of what disc to throw under the 330 mark.
Old 07-25-2018, 09:50 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17
Courses Played: 92
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 140 Times in 68 Posts

I was at the gateway shop a couple weeks ago and finally felt up some of these new diamond runs. Plastic is awesome, some of it, the warriors in particular felt just prodigy 400 plastic.

I’m a roc guy, but think one could absolutely have a lineup of 3-4 gateway mids and cover pretty much everything. Only thing is can they continue to get that high of quality plastic...kinda defeats the purpose of the next batch are going to be completely different.

Old 07-25-2018, 10:00 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.9
Courses Played: 42
Niced 1,766 Times in 817 Posts

Love the Element...S for flippy, premiums for straight fliers. Incredibly long disc.