Old 12-04-2017, 08:00 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 0.1
Courses Played: 18
Niced 15 Times in 11 Posts

Hey MJ, have there been any talks about Signature/Tour Series discs for 2018 yet? Will you stick with the Comet for that, or maybe change it up? The Mantis is my favorite disc right now, so if you are looking for suggestions...
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 12-04-2017, 10:58 AM
.:Discraft Pro Michael Johansen:.

Years Playing: 20.4
Courses Played: 162
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 387 Times in 93 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMcAtee View Post
MJ,

What did you think about The Sinks in Chattanooga this past weekend? I was disappointed playing such a short layout, but understand why it was short (finish with daylight). I enjoy the stretched out version of The Sinks much more.
I really enjoy playing the sinks. It's a fun wooded course with a nice variety of shots required. Yea I would have loved to play some longer pins there during the event, but I do understand why they played it all shorts due to day light concerns

Old 12-04-2017, 10:58 AM
.:Discraft Pro Michael Johansen:.

Years Playing: 20.4
Courses Played: 162
Niced 387 Times in 93 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderEagle View Post
Hey MJ, have there been any talks about Signature/Tour Series discs for 2018 yet? Will you stick with the Comet for that, or maybe change it up? The Mantis is my favorite disc right now, so if you are looking for suggestions...
Will probably stick with the comet, but might do some smaller runs of other discs as well

Old 12-05-2017, 03:54 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 1
Courses Played: 9
Niced 26 Times in 12 Posts

I'm fairly new to DG, but I want to get in on this Comet love fest. I haven't found another disc yet that I can throw dead straight through the entire flight. It's amazing. Sometimes I throw it "too straight" if that's a thing.

Niced: (2)
Old 12-05-2017, 04:16 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 423
Niced 46 Times in 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trout_smith View Post
I'm fairly new to DG, but I want to get in on this Comet love fest. I haven't found another disc yet that I can throw dead straight through the entire flight. It's amazing. Sometimes I throw it "too straight" if that's a thing.
You're starting out smarter than I did!

I may have to start an Archer love fest thread. While playing around on our RH sidearm friendly course, it wondered if I could throw the same line RH backhand with an Archer as I normally do forehand with a high speed driver.

Throwing about 80%, the archer breaks late taking the exact same route as my sidearm on multiple holes. So much easier to throw.

Comet, Archer, Thrasher. Loving the newer additions to Discraft's lineup.
Old 12-11-2017, 01:16 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 24.5
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: LHFH
Niced 10 Times in 2 Posts

Any sponsorship announcements from the MJ20300?? Will he now start throwing ZBuzzes like I think he should?? I have a few MRV's that would help too. lol
Old 12-14-2017, 01:05 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 149 Times in 110 Posts

Comet lovers - what do you guys think of complementing Comets in the bag with very different mids? For a while I tried to get a comet/rancho roc thing going, but decided I wanted to throw stable mids both BH and FH, and have since switched to pairing buzzzzes or truths/verdicts with comets. This way I get to eat my cake by comfortably forehanding my mids, while having my cake too by bagging the wonderful Comet which doesn't mind being powered down.

Or is it better to throw a max weight glo comet or rancho roc as your OS comet? Thoughts? MJ?
Old 12-14-2017, 02:51 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 423
Niced 46 Times in 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexplz View Post
Comet lovers - what do you guys think of complementing Comets in the bag with very different mids? For a while I tried to get a comet/rancho roc thing going, but decided I wanted to throw stable mids both BH and FH, and have since switched to pairing buzzzzes or truths/verdicts with comets. This way I get to eat my cake by comfortably forehanding my mids, while having my cake too by bagging the wonderful Comet which doesn't mind being powered down.

Or is it better to throw a max weight glo comet or rancho roc as your OS comet? Thoughts? MJ?
I have Wasp, beat in TI Wasp, Buzzz, beat in Buzz, and Z Comet, ESP Comet. In order of stability from most stable to least.

Old 12-14-2017, 03:17 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 56
Niced 13 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMcAtee View Post
I have Wasp, beat in TI Wasp, Buzzz, beat in Buzz, and Z Comet, ESP Comet. In order of stability from most stable to least.
I'm right there with you. Besides a Drone for utility I bag a TI Wasp, two Buzzzes (Z and beat X) and an X Comet. I've often thought of trying a Z comet in place of my beat X Buzzz to see how that works.

Old 12-15-2017, 08:37 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 19.9
Courses Played: 55
Niced 8 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexplz View Post

My mids are pretty much exactly that: Comet, Rancho Roc, Truth (used to be a buzzz)

Those with a couple Magnets have been my short range bag for years now. I don't ever feel the need to change them.