Old 09-17-2020, 07:54 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 17.7
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,288 Times in 1,049 Posts
Default Different putting styles for conditions.

I have 3 putting styles, one is my standard with more back leg kick/push for the further out past 10-12 feet I go or wind to a point. The other is a full swing forehand putt that I use for when I can't even do a flat foot version of the same putt I do then a forehand flick putt that is where the hand stays still above the object and putts for the spot a turbo putt is used, I have such small hands kids XL to adult unisex/women's small depending on brand that a turbo putt is hard for me to do so this is the alternative solution to that problem.

Does anybody else have a few different putts, excluding doing a jump putt with same putt style as inside circle?
Sponsored Links

Old 09-17-2020, 10:10 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.8
Courses Played: 88
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 509 Times in 269 Posts

I have a few:

Normal putt for 25' and in: Fan grip with fingers on the flight plate, and disc buried in my palm. Simple arm motion, minimal elbow movement until the follow through. Disc goes down to waist level, then I rock forward and pitch it in. Basically I think about taking the disc down to my right hip, and then pop it forward to the basket.

25-35' range: Similar but disc goes much lower (not quite Ricky low). Something about this motion puts significantly more power and spin on the disc, and I actually aim lower and with more hyzer.

Spin putt variation: I curl my fingers under the rim more, like halfway between a full fan grip and a power grip. Disc is sitting out in my fingers and not really buried into my palm. Reachback is more to the side. Release is very flat with a lot more spin.

35' and out I'm jump putting, basically just adding a small hop. I probably have a higher make percentage with the spin putt, but the misses leave a much longer comeback.

If I really want to run it in the 40-80 foot range, my best shot is going to a knee and throwing a nose-up spinny shot with a full power grip. It's awesome when it goes in but if I airball it, I'm probably still 30-40 feet out.

If I've got something in the way, I'm more likely to scoober it than anything.