#81  
Old 06-21-2017, 10:57 AM
zgmc's Avatar
zgmc zgmc is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Michigan
Years Playing: 18
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 872
Niced 177 Times in 88 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Disc Golf View Post
Appreciate the post! We're pretty evidence based and lean more towards a combination of chiropractic care and physical therapy. Long term results are always going to be the result of diligence with home exercises and self-care. Similar to Dentistry, you see a Dentist twice a year for cleanings but 99% of the health of your teeth & gums is what you do at home to care for yourself.

It's always hard on the internet to find that balance of wanting to help people out without giving out specific advice. I should just copy & paste something that says "see a qualified medical professional if you have concerns." Maybe I'll just add that to my signature?
I'm curious about you being "pretty" evidence based.. Seems like all or nothing to me.. Especially since you claim to be able to treat ADD and ear infections with chiropractic care. Total BS. Something like 80% of all ear infections clear up on their own. Pretty easy to claim that your "adjustments" are what did the trick.

What part of chiropractic care is actually evidence based?

Heres an article that may make one think twice before scheduling their next chiropractic appt..

https://health.spectator.co.uk/the-e...arm-than-good/
Sponsored Links

Last edited by zgmc; 06-21-2017 at 10:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 06-21-2017, 11:27 AM
roggenb3's Avatar
roggenb3 roggenb3 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Madtown
Years Playing: 13.9
Courses Played: 141
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,810
Niced 1,006 Times in 534 Posts
Default

^Ok, we get it, you're a skeptic.

This thread is really disappointing to me. Dude never once seemed like he was here to convince anyone of anything and was nothing but helpful/informative/courteous. Yet everyone seems to think they need to tear down his profession and prove he's a "fake doctor".

Wonderful response guys.

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 06-21-2017, 11:58 AM
zgmc's Avatar
zgmc zgmc is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Michigan
Years Playing: 18
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 872
Niced 177 Times in 88 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roggenb3 View Post
^Ok, we get it, you're a skeptic.

This thread is really disappointing to me. Dude never once seemed like he was here to convince anyone of anything and was nothing but helpful/informative/courteous. Yet everyone seems to think they need to tear down his profession and prove he's a "fake doctor".

Wonderful response guys.
Here's my issue. You can't claim to be evidence-based while also practicing out right quackery. I'll go so far as to say that most holistic or natural medicine practitioners are scam artists. If the quote-unquote doctor here would like to provide some evidence to change my mind I would love to see it.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 06-21-2017, 12:09 PM
Vonbeezy1 Vonbeezy1 is offline
Finders Keepers Anonymous Pond Diver
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Gullah Gullah Island
Courses Played: 8
Posts: 777
Niced 60 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roggenb3 View Post
^Ok, we get it, you're a skeptic.

This thread is really disappointing to me. Dude never once seemed like he was here to convince anyone of anything and was nothing but helpful/informative/courteous. Yet everyone seems to think they need to tear down his profession and prove he's a "fake doctor".

Wonderful response guys.
It's not about tearing him down, it's about separating fact from fiction. Those of us who work in the medical field or who practice medicine worked very hard to get where we are and not only are we evidenced based, we are clinically researched. The gripe many of us have is that people try to spout off BS bout medicine or healing methods when they have no education other than reading a book or evidence based practice to back it up.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 06-21-2017, 12:09 PM
Shamis Shamis is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Years Playing: 9.9
Courses Played: 71
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 622
Niced 174 Times in 87 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmonty View Post
Thanks for the reply. My Doctor diagnosed my tendonitis and told me if I didn't completely quit throwing until I was pain-free it would never heal. So that's what I did. Along with lots of icing my elbow, stretching exercises, and some anti-inflammatories, I healed to the point of playing again. But...instead of 10-12 rounds per week, i'm now playing about 6-7. I take days off between rounds more now. I don't want to relapse. And I also have the Band-It elbow brace that seems to help alot.

I'll keep an eye out for you vids!
Buy a theraband flexbar, and google some youtube videos on how to use it for tennis elbow. You'll be able to play more often if you warm up with one of those.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 06-21-2017, 12:26 PM
Shamis Shamis is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Years Playing: 9.9
Courses Played: 71
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 622
Niced 174 Times in 87 Posts
Default

This thread was really enjoyable. Kinda reminds me of when my office mate at work mentioned his wife goes to a chiropractor. I asked him what for, and he said she has a really bad back. I asked him how often she goes, and he said twice a week. I told him it must be working great then...

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 06-21-2017, 01:31 PM
roggenb3's Avatar
roggenb3 roggenb3 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Madtown
Years Playing: 13.9
Courses Played: 141
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,810
Niced 1,006 Times in 534 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmc View Post
If the quote-unquote doctor here would like to provide some evidence to change my mind I would love to see it.
I really doubt changing your mind was high on his list of objectives when starting this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonbeezy1 View Post
It's not about tearing him down, it's about separating fact from fiction. Those of us who work in the medical field or who practice medicine worked very hard to get where we are and not only are we evidenced based, we are clinically researched. The gripe many of us have is that people try to spout off BS bout medicine or healing methods when they have no education other than reading a book or evidence based practice to back it up.
Call it what you want, but you come off as a d bag.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 06-21-2017, 02:44 PM
Vonbeezy1 Vonbeezy1 is offline
Finders Keepers Anonymous Pond Diver
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Gullah Gullah Island
Courses Played: 8
Posts: 777
Niced 60 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roggenb3 View Post
I really doubt changing your mind was high on his list of objectives when starting this thread.



Call it what you want, but you come off as a d bag.
Cool story bro
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 06-21-2017, 02:57 PM
zgmc's Avatar
zgmc zgmc is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Michigan
Years Playing: 18
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 872
Niced 177 Times in 88 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roggenb3 View Post
I really doubt changing your mind was high on his list of objectives when starting this thread.


He is not a sports medicine doctor, or physical therapist. He is a chiropractor. Not sure that makes him an authority on dg injuries, or stretching. I don't care what his objectives were. I think one of them was advertising his business.. But, again, when you make claims such as being able to adjust the ear infection out of you, please be prepared to back it up with evidence. I'm not sure why you are being so defensive here.
Reply With Quote
 

  #90  
Old 06-21-2017, 03:46 PM
Lazerface Lazerface is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO
Courses Played: 5
Posts: 849
Niced 507 Times in 241 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siiimmons View Post
Go see a physical therapist over a chiro. Evidence based in all aspects, not just some (apart from modalities and "aligning" pelvises). But a chiro will be more likely to do these waste of time treatments as well.

A PTs goal is to never see you again when you are discharged. That is not the case with all chiros.
OMG the pelvis - the pelvis!!!! My wife and I both tended bar in our 20s (before marriage). We both complained about back pain a lot - likely from all the standing and bending into coolers and sleeping on ****ty mattresses, but one of our regulars worked at a "pain clinic".

My wife went first and they give her an X-ray, then pull her into this consult room to show her the results. Her pelvis was not in "alignment" and went on to tell her how this throws everything off and start her on a weekly treatment plan which consisted of stretching, massage, and the real good stuff - electrodes on her back.

I'm a skeptic by nature and knew nothing about all of this and I told my wife it sounded like a big scam to me. She convinced me to go to an appointment since she was feeling so much better. Wouldn't you know it my pelvis was out of alignment too!!!! Same X-ray, same story, same treatment plan. I of course never went back and convinced my wife to do the same.

To be clear this is nothing against the OP. He seems like a nice guy with good intentions, but when I saw this pelvis comment above I had to share. I just imagine the revolving door of victims that come in here, get there x-ray, their speech and start emptying the wallet. The place appeared to have some legit PT going on with some folks that had specific injuries or were recovering from a surgery, but it was an obvious racket.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Alex Geisinger Signature P-Blend MYTH Putters Todd@InfiniteDiscs Commercial Marketplace 2 06-11-2018 02:52 PM
Any specific questions for Geisinger? HyzerUniBomber Technique & Strategy 32 03-25-2016 10:30 AM
Alex's Fire Sale!!! rhinos00 The Marketplace 26 08-30-2010 11:49 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.