Old 03-26-2017, 11:51 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 10
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 54 Times in 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
Id email or call GGGT to find out for sure. They have all the lightning molds i believe but not sure about what is being run. I know there was a ton of stock last time I was there.
Not to mention, with GGGT, check out the ebay page instead of the website, they actually individually list everything with a picture and weight so you can see exactly what you are getting.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 05-05-2017, 05:28 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 43
Courses Played: 251
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 116 Times in 76 Posts

IMG_0368.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg
Has anyone seen this beauty yet? Found it at a PIAS in Novi, MI. Check out the weight.
Old 05-05-2017, 07:59 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 7
Niced 3 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shide View Post
Attachment 61852

Attachment 61853
Has anyone seen this beauty yet? Found it at a PIAS in Novi, MI. Check out the weight.
That's their new plastic blend too, I got 2 in the mail myself.
Old 05-20-2017, 03:36 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.9
Courses Played: 25
Niced 992 Times in 831 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JILF View Post
So besides the #2 upshot and the #2 driver is there any other Lightning discs that are any good?
Yes my dad uses the #3 hyizer and the Rubber Putter as an approach disc. These are the newer versions of the disc used with DuPont in the plastic.
Old 05-20-2017, 03:41 AM

I know I use the U-2 as it feels and throws like a Old Pro Rhyno without the thumbtack rim.
Old 05-20-2017, 04:00 AM

I know I use the pro style U-2 as it feels and throws like a Old Pro Rhyno without the thumbtack rim. I did use a #2 driver till lost it on water because the disc only floats for 15-20 minutes. I now use a Z and a ESP XL and it throws like a #2 driver would. My first putter was a Rubber Putter pre DuPont but I stopped using it and gave the though If I still had it I would use it as an approach disc, I now use a Stingray if i need a domed disc. I found eventually a better putter after going through 2 other putters one of them I tried to force on myself because I won the disc at a tournament stupid Elite-X Putt'r. I now use 2 magnets one was my brothers old one, a stiffer D one that I wish they made the newer D ones like. I Do know my dad has a #2 or #3 Hyzer disc that he uses or used to use. He also has a newer DuPont Rubber Putter becsue he uses the disc the way I would, an approach disc.

Last edited by Casey 1988; 05-20-2017 at 04:03 AM.
Old 09-07-2017, 08:46 AM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 12
Courses Played: 134
Niced 1,121 Times in 751 Posts

Was at GGGT yesterday and they had a decent amount of these for daaaa looow! Picked up a rubber putter and another heavy upshot 1. The 114g ive been messing with is fun but the heavy actually handles a little juice.

Only tossed the rubber putter around yard but am intrigued.. Seems faster and stable at 150' and in but larger diameter with nice glide. I had a really hard time with the driver/mid selection though. So many of the molds feel very shallow and/or have large bead like bottoms.

Where does one start when it comes to building up a lightning bag? Is there a mid/driver to be able to clycle like rocs/pds? Without any true premium like plastics it seems possible to do fairly easily. HELP?!
Old 09-07-2017, 09:07 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15
Courses Played: 180
Niced 135 Times in 83 Posts

I went on a road trip four years ago where the first leg I was with just my young son. I was going to hit numerous small courses along the way, hopefully as many as possible, and I decided that I was going to get on and get off those courses. The best way to do that was to throw discs that I would have no issues walking away from if I lost them. I ended up playing with just a Rubber Putter #2 and a #1 Flyer. The putter was rather stable, especially in their glow plastic, and could handle everything for me 200 feet and less. The #1 Flyer surprised me by how well it flew, reminding me a lot of a Stalker or Gazelle. It was not going to win any distance competitions, but it was very accurate with a stable flight. Since I was playing the courses simply to play the course, those two covered everything I needed and I did not lose anything. I had an MX-1 as well, but that was an unpredictable flip machine, especially after its first gouge.
Old 09-07-2017, 09:39 AM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1,289 Times in 827 Posts

Quote:
Was at GGGT yesterday and they had a decent amount of these for daaaa looow! Picked up a rubber putter and another heavy upshot 1. The 114g ive been messing with is fun but the heavy actually handles a little juice.

Only tossed the rubber putter around yard but am intrigued.. Seems faster and stable at 150' and in but larger diameter with nice glide. I had a really hard time with the driver/mid selection though. So many of the molds feel very shallow and/or have large bead like bottoms.

Where does one start when it comes to building up a lightning bag? Is there a mid/driver to be able to clycle like rocs/pds? Without any true premium like plastics it seems possible to do fairly easily. HELP?!
If you can get a #3 Hyzer and a #1 Helix those work pretty well. Those start out like a Roc and an Eagle(maybe a touch shorter), and of course beat into a good cycle. Never liked anything they made that was faster than the Helix though.

Old 09-07-2017, 10:11 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 25 Times in 20 Posts

Quote:
Id email or call GGGT to find out for sure. They have all the lightning molds i believe but not sure about what is being run. I know there was a ton of stock last time I was there.
Thanks Aim for the information. We ended up ordering (9) of the lightest glow Prostyle D1's and (3) of the glow base plastic D1's (not sure what it's called) it should last her a life time .