#651  
Old 12-10-2019, 11:26 AM
Hampstead's Avatar
Hampstead Hampstead is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Spaceship Earth
Years Playing: 30.1
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 3,611
Niced 2,341 Times in 749 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
All the "White Knights" have to take any opportunity they find to show they're still white knights.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #652  
Old 12-10-2019, 11:35 AM
puttlikeablowfly puttlikeablowfly is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Years Playing: 19.9
Courses Played: 136
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 461
Niced 54 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
similarly to the OG ti plastic
I remember when we ran an Ace Race however many years ago when Discraft made the disc in Ti plastic, and a majority of the ones we received were that damn olive green. I don't even remember if the disc was any good, as I've probably never thrown in again because of that awful color. Who at Discraft greenlit that choice?

Reply With Quote
  #653  
Old 12-10-2019, 11:44 AM
snappyj snappyj is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Courses Played: 49
Posts: 114
Niced 191 Times in 56 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampstead View Post
If we're going to be pedantic, that's also not what "white knighting" is, since nobody was jumping to the rescue of any women, but just pointing out how silly of a statement that was. I'll see myself out now. This thread has clearly de-railed.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #654  
Old 12-10-2019, 12:16 PM
Jay Dub's Avatar
Jay Dub Jay Dub is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SW Ohio
Years Playing: 40.2
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,365
Niced 1,600 Times in 617 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappyj View Post
If we're going to be pedantic, that's also not what "white knighting" is, since nobody was jumping to the rescue of any women, but just pointing out how silly of a statement that was. I'll see myself out now. This thread has clearly de-railed.
They're jumping to the rescue of women in general so it is white knighting.

And that gif is supposed to say "wacist" not "racist".
Reply With Quote
  #655  
Old 12-10-2019, 12:30 PM
Hampstead's Avatar
Hampstead Hampstead is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Spaceship Earth
Years Playing: 30.1
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 3,611
Niced 2,341 Times in 749 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
They're jumping to the rescue of women in general so it is white knighting.

And that gif is supposed to say "wacist" not "racist".
Reply With Quote
  #656  
Old 12-10-2019, 12:46 PM
snappyj snappyj is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Courses Played: 49
Posts: 114
Niced 191 Times in 56 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
They're jumping to the rescue of women in general so it is white knighting.

And that gif is supposed to say "wacist" not "racist".
If anything, I was jumping to the rescue of men who want to throw pink. This is nonsense. What's the most manliest type of BBQ? I don't want any of that vinegar BBQ because it projects feminine.
Reply With Quote
  #657  
Old 12-10-2019, 12:54 PM
Orioles_Lefty Orioles_Lefty is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 42
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 367
Niced 499 Times in 191 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebake91 View Post
Or if she's said something along the lines of "I don't throw masculine colors". People would not care.
Perhaps thats because masculine colors are perceived to be simply colors. Pray tell what a masculine color is other than what toy manufacturers define it as. The idea of feminine colors exists to exclude women from mens spaces. No one needs a pink baseball bat, for example. But gosh durn, giving a girl a pink baseball bat so to include her, also excludes her.

Interesting that mens sports teams will wear purple but not pink. Except for EF Education cycling. They rock pink, proudly.

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #658  
Old 12-10-2019, 01:14 PM
Stable's Avatar
Stable Stable is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NC
Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 32
Posts: 3,041
Niced 716 Times in 434 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles_Lefty View Post
Perhaps thats because masculine colors are perceived to be simply colors. Pray tell what a masculine color is other than what toy manufacturers define it as. The idea of feminine colors exists to exclude women from mens spaces. No one needs a pink baseball bat, for example. But gosh durn, giving a girl a pink baseball bat so to include her, also excludes her.

Interesting that mens sports teams will wear purple but not pink. Except for EF Education cycling. They rock pink, proudly.
I dig purple. My alma mater's main color is purple. Purple Rain is one of my favorite albums. Just not a good disc color IMO. Usually too dark.

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #659  
Old 12-10-2019, 01:17 PM
Orioles_Lefty Orioles_Lefty is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 42
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 367
Niced 499 Times in 191 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stable View Post
I dig purple. My alma mater's main color is purple. Purple Rain is one of my favorite albums. Just not a good disc color IMO. Usually too dark.
Ive lost every purple disc Ive owned other than the midnight blue/dark purple Gstar Leopard I was stupid enough to fall in love with. I kind of want to lose it just to get the inevitable over with.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
 

  #660  
Old 12-10-2019, 01:21 PM
silverdawg silverdawg is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2
Niced 6 Times in 1 Post
Default

Vanessa VanDyken got promoted to the Discraft's Elite Team, still one spot left open.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The inevitable 2020 Pros switching sponsor/DD hate thread hurricaine General Disc Golf Chat 693 11-15-2019 10:04 PM
2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread Buchajs1 General Disc Golf Chat 4198 08-23-2019 03:46 PM
The Inevitable 2018 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread Bgso General Disc Golf Chat 882 03-25-2018 11:56 PM
The Inevitable 2017 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread Aim For The Chains General Disc Golf Chat 1267 07-15-2017 05:23 AM
The Inevitable 2016 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread bhadella General Disc Golf Chat 1046 11-11-2016 09:59 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.