Old 03-11-2020, 08:54 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 5
Niced 262 Times in 127 Posts

Had a chance to play a round with the soft x zone today. This is a great complement to my esp zone. It doesn't have much ground play at all. Exactly what I was looking for. Now I wonder how quickly it will beat up.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 04-13-2020, 07:23 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 188 Times in 113 Posts

Transitioning to the Zone from Harps. Starting to incorporate a forehand into my game and the Zone seems to work better for me.

Anyhow, I have Zones in jawbreaker, titanium, Z, and Z-FLX.

I haven’t thrown my Z. It’s a 10th anniversary edition and I bought it for the cool stamp and don’t really want to throw it.

I’m looking for something with a bit more ground action or skip compared to the jawbreaker, FLX, and titanium.

Will an ESP be stiffer and maybe offer a little more ground action?

Thanks.
Old 04-13-2020, 08:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 303
Niced 2,294 Times in 1,307 Posts

any zoners willing to make a flight wise comparison of zone to the justice
Old 04-14-2020, 04:41 AM

Niced 6 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
Justice has more fade and handles torque and anhyzer better. I mean i can throw the Justice on a steep anhyzer straight towards the ground and it flexes out. Zone acts more like a overstable putter and is easier to control. I think they both could fit in the same bag.

Old 04-14-2020, 06:09 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,824 Times in 1,021 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1970 View Post
Transitioning to the Zone from Harps. Starting to incorporate a forehand into my game and the Zone seems to work better for me.

I haven’t thrown my Z. It’s a 10th anniversary edition and I bought it for the cool stamp and don’t really want to throw it.

I’m looking for something with a bit more ground action or skip compared to the jawbreaker, FLX, and titanium.

Thanks.
I think the best Zone for "ground action" is the CryZtal, but that´s hard to find. . .Stock Z works fine

I use a new CryZtal and beat X Soft as my "Zone combo" . .or a CryZtal FLX if its cold

Old 04-14-2020, 09:13 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thmz View Post
Justice has more fade and handles torque and anhyzer better. I mean i can throw the Justice on a steep anhyzer straight towards the ground and it flexes out. Zone acts more like a overstable putter and is easier to control. I think they both could fit in the same bag.
if both released flat which one would go farther

i dont have a zone to compare side by side so i was just trying to go off memory
Old 04-14-2020, 09:24 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 194
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 823 Times in 525 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1970 View Post

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
I think the best Zone for "ground action" is the CryZtal, but that´s hard to find. . .Stock Z works fine

I use a new CryZtal and beat X Soft as my "Zone combo" . .or a CryZtal FLX if its cold
I was gonna say Z or CryZtal too (Big Z is harder to find but also works great), but my Ti or ESP can skip too. In general, Zones are way more dependent on the type of ground for any ground action than, say beefy fairways. But one thing I have used Zones for over the years is basically throwing them into the ground at a low angle (e.g from a knee) and trusting in a little bit of scoot forward. This has become less important as I've figured out more conventional approaches.

But if I really want ground action I typically jump to my Champ Firebird. That way if grass is wet or grabby, or ground is otherwise unfavorable, I can still trust some skip.

Niced: (3)
Old 04-14-2020, 03:19 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 23
Niced 63 Times in 34 Posts

Quote:
Unless you are talking about a super puddle top OS zone, the justice is likely going to be more OS. But the justice is faster so you can do really similar things with them. The big difference to me is what they do on flex lines. You'll get a much more dramatic flex out of a justice where a zone may just pan out and land flat. I've never thrown a zone and justice max distance back to back, but I would guess the zone would go further since there's a bigger difference in stability between the two than there is in speed.

Old 04-14-2020, 04:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,300 Times in 698 Posts

Quote:
if both released flat which one would go farther

i dont have a zone to compare side by side so i was just trying to go off memory
Justice is close to a BuzzzOS, and I bag both the OS and Zone.

For me the OS goes farther. Like mentioned above the Justice/OS will flex, and will glide out (with what little glide it has) more than the Zone. Thrown flat they are pretty close for me though....

Old 04-14-2020, 05:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistabman View Post
Unless you are talking about a super puddle top OS zone, the justice is likely going to be more OS. But the justice is faster so you can do really similar things with them. The big difference to me is what they do on flex lines. You'll get a much more dramatic flex out of a justice where a zone may just pan out and land flat. I've never thrown a zone and justice max distance back to back, but I would guess the zone would go further since there's a bigger difference in stability between the two than there is in speed.
im talkin run of the mill esp or z zone

that makes complete sense thank you