Old 03-12-2020, 05:44 PM
Par Member

Niced 96 Times in 62 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrihan View Post
You can tell plastics from one another by feel alone? Wow.
Pretty much, ya. I know when I feel the disc slipping consistently on many different molds in the same plastic, its probably the plastic. I find star to have more grip than esp. again, that is MY tactile experience.

So are you not able to tell the difference of something like g-star and hard z plastic apart by feel? Not meaning that in an argumentative way, genuinely curious.
Sponsored Links

Old 03-12-2020, 06:59 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.9
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 995 Times in 834 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
Not saying I could take a blindfold test to tell what was what, but yeah, some plastics feel better in my hand and some feel worse. And few things are more frustrating than a mold that flies well but is not made in a plastic I like.
I agree, Why can't Innova make any midrange in regular Pro? I know Innova used to, like with the Shark, the ROC yes they had both KC Pro and Pro, the Wolf or Coyote was, as well as a few others I am probably forgetting. The same thing for Putters as well from Innova were made in Pro at one point, not anymore but they were a stiff plastic for most of the discs besides the Rhyno and some runs of Pig were softer as if somebody working there messed up and put Rhyno Pro in a Pig mold thinking they had a Rhyno mold. Now you have to hope since R-Pro becoming a non consistent plastic after 2010 that R-Pro plastic of the putter that Innova makes in R-Pro is a limited production run of specific hard R-Pro or feel up regular R-Pro a bunch to get the disc feel you want, most common Pro feel in most of the runs.
Old 03-12-2020, 08:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,443 Times in 834 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrihan View Post
You can tell plastics from one another by feel alone? Wow.
You can't? Not hard at all.

Niced: (1)
Old 03-12-2020, 08:31 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 14
Niced 36 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Not saying I could take a blindfold test to tell what was what, but yeah, some plastics feel better in my hand and some feel worse. And few things are more frustrating than a mold that flies well but is not made in a plastic I like.
I second that. If you're blindfolded, I promise anyone could feel the difference between Z and Opto with no problem.
Old 03-13-2020, 12:58 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.9
Courses Played: 25
Niced 995 Times in 834 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1discChallenge View Post
I second that. If you're blindfolded, I promise anyone could feel the difference between Z and Opto with no problem.
And one can tell a difference from Opto, Westside version and the Dynamic Disc version as Dynamic Disc seems to get inferior plastic to the Latitude 64 and Westside brands from simiar to similar, only the Hard burst from Dynamic Disc to Latitude 64 Hard Zero/Westside Version is better and looks too.

Niced: (1)

Last edited by Casey 1988; 03-13-2020 at 01:03 AM.
Old 03-13-2020, 03:23 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 415
Niced 640 Times in 327 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
And one can tell a difference from Opto, Westside version and the Dynamic Disc version as Dynamic Disc seems to get inferior plastic to the Latitude 64 and Westside brands from simiar to similar, only the Hard burst from Dynamic Disc to Latitude 64 Hard Zero/Westside Version is better and looks too.
Where do you come up with this stuff? I throw a bunch of trilogy stuff and you can't tell the difference between opto, vip and lucid. It's the same stuff all made in Sweden.

Niced: (2)
Old 03-13-2020, 07:45 AM

Niced 5 Times in 2 Posts

Judge- Friend putts with them and I give them a chance every once in a while, but that little curve before the bead throws me off every time. I putt with Links, abs and the feel is just different enough to be jarring. Also my tiny hands can’t handle the depth of the rim, so I can’t throw these or JK Aviars consistently even though I like the fight when I can get them off right.

Gator- I’ve gone to the shop more than once thinking “THIS will be the day I get a Gator!”. Then I feel one and am immediately aghast. I’m still on the lookout for something between my Pig and Firebird, but every OS utility mid I’ve picked up just hasn’t felt right.

Roc- The feel doesn't bother me, watching someone float a 350 foot laser that flies 12 mph is magical, I just can’t handle the thought of cycling a bunch of base plastic and having to keep track of how everything flies from round to round. I appreciate someone like Philo hauling 53 Rocs in his bag and knowing what they all do, I’m just not that guy.

Zone- my boldest take of them all. Maybe I threw a Pig too much before I tried one. The rim is a tick too shallow and takes away just a little confidence on my forehand shots. I have a whale of a time dialing in my distance and angle with it. I got those magic Zone shots about 75% of the time, but the other 25 had me careening into the netherworlds.
Old 03-13-2020, 07:46 AM

Niced 5 Times in 2 Posts

Judge- Friend putts with them and I give them a chance every once in a while, but that little curve before the bead throws me off every time. I putt with Links, and the feel is just different enough to be jarring. Also my tiny hands cant handle the depth of the rim, so I cant throw these or JK Aviars consistently even though I like the flight when I can get them off right.

Gator- Ive gone to the shop more than once thinking THIS will be the day I get a Gator!. Then I feel one and am immediately aghast. Im still on the lookout for something between my Pig and Firebird, but every OS utility mid Ive picked up just hasnt felt right.

Roc- The feel doesn't bother me, watching someone float a 350 foot laser that flies 12 mph is magical, I just cant handle the thought of cycling a bunch of base plastic and having to keep track of how everything flies from round to round. I appreciate someone like Philo hauling 53 Rocs in his bag and knowing what they all do, Im just not that guy.

Zone- my boldest take of them all. Maybe I threw a Pig too much before I tried one. The rim is a tick too shallow and takes away just a little confidence on my forehand shots. I have a whale of a time dialing in my distance and angle with it. I got those magic Zone shots about 75% of the time, but the other 25 had me careening into the netherworlds.
Old 03-13-2020, 07:48 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 46
Niced 4,771 Times in 1,998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhaley View Post
Where do you come up with this stuff?
Straight out his a$$

Old 03-13-2020, 09:44 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 143 Times in 80 Posts

Quote:
Wizard - I don't hate it, but i never clicked with it, and it wasn't for a lack of trying. Just too brickish, i.e. not glidey enough for me.
Buddys always out here acting like Wizards arent glidey. They glide SUPER well, and always have. Most people who have used them as throwers know they glide well. All except for some premium runs like Diamond, I guess.