Old 03-19-2020, 09:51 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.8
Courses Played: 133
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 812 Times in 371 Posts

I'll play a round with other people, but Imma ask you to clear the basket before I putt.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2020, 10:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 30.1
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 2,346 Times in 751 Posts

Keep it 6' and don't touch anyone's discs.

Niced: (3)
Old 03-19-2020, 10:18 PM
* Ace No More *

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 330
Niced 3,527 Times in 1,617 Posts

To think this really is about common sense in the current climate: don't touch anyone else's disc and keep plenty of space between people. Given the size of a course, there's no reason to come within 10 ft of anyone. Clear the basket after you hole out.

If there's a decent restroom available, washing your hands before you grab the wheel makes sense.

I've always kept a bottle of rubbing alcohol in my car with some band aids and paper towels. I've already used it several times over the past week or so to disinfect my hands before getting in my car after playing. Probably don't really need to, but it's already in my driver's side door compartment staring at me when I open the door... I'd feel stupid not using it at this point.

It's all about minimizing exposure: yours and everyone else's.

Last edited by BogeyNoMore; 03-19-2020 at 10:21 PM.
Old 03-19-2020, 10:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 39
Niced 572 Times in 279 Posts

I've been out twice this week, playing normally, and I'm

Niced: (1)
Old 03-19-2020, 10:30 PM
<------ [YOUR AD HERE]

Years Playing: 10.8
Courses Played: 220
Niced 209 Times in 110 Posts

*peaks out from doomsday bunker*

Niced: (2)
Old 03-19-2020, 10:31 PM
Par Member

Niced 103 Times in 52 Posts

I'm just playing solo. No worries.

Niced: (1)
Old 03-19-2020, 10:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 37
Courses Played: 248
Niced 2,864 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
To think this really is about common sense in the current climate: don't touch anyone else's disc and keep plenty of space between people. Given the size of a course, there's no reason to come within 10 ft of anyone. Clear the basket after you hole out.

If there's a decent restroom available, washing your hands before you grab the wheel makes sense.

I've always kept a bottle of rubbing alcohol in my car with some band aids and paper towels. I've already used it several times over the past week or so to disinfect my hands before getting in my car after playing. Probably don't really need to, but it's already in my driver's side door compartment staring at me when I open the door... I'd feel stupid not using it at this point.

It's all about minimizing exposure: yours and everyone else's.
I think Bogey is right on....common sense. Playing disc golf is riskier than sheltering in place. Though, I don't think the risk is very large. Just think about where others may touch. Don't check the mailbox on hole one for scorecards. Don't open the pencil box on the kiosk. Maybe avoid grabbing the top of the basket when retrieving your putter. Obviously, keep at least six feet between players, don't touch other's discs. Don't share anything. If it ain't yours, keep your hands off of it.

I don't think I would be using any public restrooms. The door handle alone is an issue, IMO. I don't believe that any of our park systems here have any public facilities open, at this point.

Great idea to keep some rubbing alcohol in the car. Part of my usual disc golf kit includes some dish washing liquid and disposable towels for poison ivy mitigation, Bogey has prompted me to using it, post rounds.

I have to get out of the freaking house. Disc golf on Sat and Sun will hopefully sate the need.

Old 03-19-2020, 11:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 37
Courses Played: 248
Niced 2,864 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1970 View Post
Ive played several rounds since the craziness started. Even played tags with strangers and high fived and everything. Pretty sure I retrieved several discs from the baskets that werent mine.

I feel Im at way greater risk going to the grocery store than I am out in the open enjoying fresh air and a round of disc golf.
Be safe and educate yourself.
Old 03-19-2020, 11:20 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18
Courses Played: 29
Niced 177 Times in 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCready View Post
Ive read the virus survives in the air and can be transmitted by asymptomatic people. To me, that means someone can simply exhale and you can catch it if youre walking behind them, or a breeze could blow it toward you if youre standing a distance away. I have no idea how likely that is, but it seems like the probability isnt zero. I hope Im wrong.

My wife has asthma. Shes not leaving the house for the foreseeable future, were having all groceries delivered and all my rounds will be solo. I want no part of this thing.
The virus can survive on surfaces for a while apparently. You might want to wipe down the groceries before putting them away.

Old 03-19-2020, 11:20 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.9
Courses Played: 145
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1,118 Times in 475 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
UV light should be taking care of most of these. Just don't touch/breathe on people and keep your distance.
Is there a citation for this? Because I have a SWEET ultraviolet flashlight for glow, and if that is satisfactory disinfectant that'll save me a lot of soap/water/maybe hand dryness.

I heard Dustin Keegan is staunchly opposed to use of UV lights, for what it's worth