Old 03-03-2020, 09:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 32
Niced 716 Times in 434 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Howl View Post
Aw, where did thenomad guy go? His non-biased perspective was refreshing...

Have you felt the premiums back to back? My BigZ Luna and BigZ Roach or my Ti/Cryztal/Z feel identical to me. (Agree the Rubber Blend and the First Run plastic definitely felt thinner in the hand.)

Swirl Z Lunas coming...https://www.instagram.com/p/B8za8CeA1q-/ Most of that new swirl Z is on the dark side, but I've seen some amazing Stalkers in it:
When I was a kid living in Michigan there was an ice cream shop that my parents would take me to that had 'Superman' ice cream that looked just like this Stalker. Better days.

Anyhow what's the status on premium Lunas? What's coming soon that will be in regular production? Will the costs be absurd or nah?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2020, 12:18 AM

Niced 24 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stable View Post
When I was a kid living in Michigan there was an ice cream shop that my parents would take me to that had 'Superman' ice cream that looked just like this Stalker. Better days.

Anyhow what's the status on premium Lunas? What's coming soon that will be in regular production? Will the costs be absurd or nah?
Tour series Z Luna coming this month. Every Discraft reply on social media just said march for all the tour series releases. I'm assuming they will be around $20-ish.

Niced: (1)
Old 03-04-2020, 02:47 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 233 Times in 143 Posts

Quote:

Swirly Z Tour series, here’s an idea of what it will look like. Just as grippy as big z and slightly more overstable than traditional Z
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 951D6838-A90D-4710-90D1-DA18C1C33499.jpg (118.2 KB, 51 views)
Old 03-04-2020, 11:24 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,300 Times in 698 Posts

Quote:
Some guy is trying to get a premium on an early sale right now. 22 bids already, at $71+:

I don't know who would be willing to spend 50 extra just to have a disc a week or two before anyone else...
Old 03-18-2020, 12:15 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 103
Niced 112 Times in 48 Posts

Well, according to the order status page on Discraft I nabbed a pair of these that are "unprocessed" but "paid". (Despite the page loading with the speed of a three toed sloth.)

Assuming they don't get canceled on me, we'll find out if they're worth the price of admission at retail.

Big props to Discraft for putting the money for these 100 straight into Paul's pocket. (and the other players, some of whom need it even more, I'm sure.)
Old 03-18-2020, 01:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,824 Times in 1,021 Posts

So are all the 2020 Z Swirl Tour series disc are a tad more stable that the stock runs?

Pauls Luna are sold out at Missys Undertaker is "low stock" . . .i think Missy made a GOOD choice of Tour Series disc
Old 03-18-2020, 01:16 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 103
Niced 112 Times in 48 Posts

Paul's description that they put up on the Luna page today said that he found them to be a slightly overstable compliment to his big Z's. I'm not sure if that description could be used across the board for all the tour series this year, or if that's only for the Lunas.

Today was only a 100 disc release of each mold, for giving some funds to the players due to the shutdown. The Lunas were sold out when my page reloaded at 12:04pm. So ~3 minutes to sell the 100.

The full/regular release was said to be "March" per Discraft on Facebook a couple of weeks ago... so, it should be next week or the week after, unless they got delayed.
Old 03-18-2020, 01:27 PM
* Ace Member *

A few of the comments on Discrafts site

"The new swirly Z plastic has given the Undertaker some added stability and with a flatter profile,"

"The Meteor in this run of Z is more stiff than the standard Z making it more stable in its flight"

"With this new Z swirl, the Stalker is a tad more stable"

"The Luna is a very neutral flying disc that comes in a lot of different plastics but the 2020 Tour Series is on the overstable side"

"Now in this z swirl plastic it offers a little bit more of an overstable finish that is great for a little more torque and any wind you may face. Anytime I am 250-325ft my first thought is the buzzz"

"The tour series Z Raptor is a perfect compliment to the ESP raptors. The masses wanted more stable, that’s what they got"

The only one that looks to be more US that stock is the Force
"The 2020 tour series Force is a great compliment to my previous run. This swirl Z run is a little less stable for me and is getting more distance"
Old 03-20-2020, 03:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 594 Times in 251 Posts

I'm being patient, I think, to wait for the eventual Production release of the Luna...

I purchased one of the CryZtal 5X Lunas and found them to be very suitable for my arm speed.
However, when I went back, I discovered that I couldn't get any at retail anymore and I'm NOT paying $30 to $70+ for a thrower, whether CryZtal, ESP, BigZ or whatever plastic they are in!
SO suck it, ebay gougers...()

Looking forward to the Production runs, cause I'm buying to fly them, not flip them!!

Old 03-21-2020, 01:27 PM
* Ace Member *

The Luna go far for me and my nudle arm. .and it makes me reconsider my bag.

I can throw the Luna 250ft . . .and my drivers 350ft, so i only have a small "gap" for mids and fairways
I love my Buzzz, BUT i can throw a Luna just as far

So i might just go putters and Fairways and take mids and Drivers out of the bag