Old 05-08-2019, 05:29 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 480 Times in 307 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aredoubles View Post
I have an EZ cart too. I used a hose clamp to attach a small PVC coupler to the center pole. Something like this:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/NIBCO-3-...1HD3/100343559

Doesn't need a stopper, the stool fits but won't fall through. Works perfectly, and very light weight.

I see other folks going with your first suggestion, and that seems to work fine, it just needs to be a pretty long section of PVC, which adds weight and bulk. And I also just didn't feel like drilling holes into the PVC and all that. I guess it does have multiple uses, as you say. Your second suggestion seems less convenient to me.

Zuca also sells an 'accessory holder', basically a larger version of their umbrella holder, that'd be perfect, though expensive.

Edit: And re: the original thread question, if I'm not using my cart, I just carry the stool in hand, but I really like some of the carabiner looping suggestions in here, thanks for the necro bump.
Nice, the hose clamp is smart too. I decided on the EZ over the backpack carts after another user suggested picking up a stool alongside the EZ. This should make things very simple.

I could also see drilling a bunch of holes in PVC to cut down on weight.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2019, 10:26 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 675 Times in 581 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aredoubles View Post
I have an EZ cart too. I used a hose clamp to attach a small PVC coupler to the center pole. Something like this:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/NIBCO-3-...1HD3/100343559

Doesn't need a stopper, the stool fits but won't fall through. Works perfectly, and very light weight.

I see other folks going with your first suggestion, and that seems to work fine, it just needs to be a pretty long section of PVC, which adds weight and bulk. And I also just didn't feel like drilling holes into the PVC and all that. I guess it does have multiple uses, as you say. Your second suggestion seems less convenient to me.

Zuca also sells an 'accessory holder', basically a larger version of their umbrella holder, that'd be perfect, though expensive.

Edit: And re: the original thread question, if I'm not using my cart, I just carry the stool in hand, but I really like some of the carabiner looping suggestions in here, thanks for the necro bump.
I had a Stool that had a Velcro looping section to hold the stool together and I used for the longest time a Discraft Tournament single strap bag for my disc golf so on the strap I often looped using the Velcro section the stool to the bags Strap so I did not forget the stool on a tee pad or the like.
Old 05-09-2019, 09:13 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 36.2
Courses Played: 239
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,531 Times in 673 Posts

Isn't half the idea of a cart, having someplace to sit?

Niced: (1)
Old 05-09-2019, 10:43 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.9
Courses Played: 5
Niced 699 Times in 491 Posts

My stools got a strap on it.. Just a tripod camping one.. I loop the strap through one side of the Quad straps and a carabiner on the other side if tucking it on top of the bag won't do.. Depends how far I'm walking.. The other thing I do is the same but I loop it higher around the shoulder pad. Keeping it attached is the key for me.. Otherwise I forget it.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:37 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 480 Times in 307 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
Isn't half the idea of a cart, having someplace to sit?
I dunno, the seat on the L zucas seems a little uncomfortable and tall for a guy like me. In all the reviews of the backpack carts, the guy is sitting on a tripod stool next to the thing which is like half the height of the stool on the cart.

EDIT: not to mention you have a metal rod for a nice backrest

Old 05-16-2019, 11:09 AM

Niced 7 Times in 3 Posts

I always tuck the business end of the stool between my left love handle and the shoulder strap. Fits right in and leaves me hands free for multiple high fives.

Niced: (1)