Old 04-21-2015, 08:44 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILackDiscance View Post
They have room for the Camelbak, so realistically you wouldn't need that 2nd drink
Either the drink tube is so short you have to strain to sip or they're dragging in the dirt. The tubes also add quirkiness to taking the pack on and off, which is something I do 3-4 times per hole.

Packs need 2 drink holders. In 100 degree heat I carry 2 of the 40oz Hydroflasks for a 3 hour tournament round.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2015, 08:55 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 83
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatepickles View Post
Either the drink tube is so short you have to strain to sip or they're dragging in the dirt. The tubes also add quirkiness to taking the pack on and off, which is something I do 3-4 times per hole.

Packs need 2 drink holders. In 100 degree heat I carry 2 of the 40oz Hydroflasks for a 3 hour tournament round.
Holy crap!?! how many times do you pee in 3 hours?!

Not to mention the weight. That's gotta be terrible taking on and off 3-4 times a hole. I carry one 32oz hydroflask and 20 discs and it's heavy enough. Forget a bag.. you really should be scoping out a cart.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:08 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 26
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrawk View Post

Not to mention the weight. That's gotta be terrible taking on and off 3-4 times a hole. I carry one 32oz hydroflask and 20 discs and it's heavy enough. Forget a bag.. you really should be scoping out a cart.
In heavy heat I might pee once in 3 hours after drinking 80oz of water, it's all sweat. I have no issue taking the pack on 3-4 times a hole regardless of weight, doesn't seem to affect me. I stay in good shape and that water intake is right on target with my experience playing soccer and football.

It's a really big deal when playing multiple rounds in a day too, that second round will be awful if you get dehydrated.

On a 70 degree day, I'm good with 40 oz in the same amount of time.

Regardless of all that, water bladders are nasty and high maintenance. Either it's a dirty drink tube or a funky/moldy bladder (or one that has the lovely taste of bleach from cleaning the funk-mold out).
Old 04-21-2015, 10:20 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 27.2
Courses Played: 85
Niced 13 Times in 13 Posts

Nice video Levi. Good to see you getting your brand out there!
Old 04-21-2015, 10:31 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 36
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrawk View Post

In an Arizona summer, that still wouldn't be enough water to last a tournament round.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:37 AM
Free at Last

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 1
Niced 1,110 Times in 565 Posts

I prefer to super hydrate before and after rounds. All that extra weight, no matter how it's distributed, is not necessary. IMO

And about the price, this comes up every thread. I agree its pricey, but players are willing to splurge. And if it's comfortable and lasts you years, it's probably worth it.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:38 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 35
Niced 170 Times in 64 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by @iDiscGolf View Post
Is there?
Do a search for "drink holders". Not having dual water bottle holders is always a hot topic.

While I can appreciate the ingenuity of an integrated water bladder, I think it's more hassle, bulk, and maintenance than it's worth on a bag that is constantly being picked up and set down on the ground.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:41 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 30
Niced 177 Times in 117 Posts

I agree with pickle hater. All backpack bags should have two water bottle holders to at LEAST give you the option. Years of hiking has fueled my hatred of bladders. They are a pia to deal with in every way, cleaning, filling, and the damn drink tubes suck. If I'm hiking for a week ill deal with the hassle but for even all day golf it's just not worth it. Bottles are easy. Just my opinion.

I also agree with davidrboy that a top loader is so much nicer. I carry a c14 and go back to my fade crunch whenever I can because bending over to cram discs in and out gets annoying. I will say the Shift is a nice alternative but again it can only carry one bottle

The bag itself does look sweet though and ill look forward to them maybe making a smaller option.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:43 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 48
Niced 784 Times in 533 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidrboy View Post
Open top design for better access without stooping and size flexibility. I like that I can look down and see the 14 or the 30 discs I'm carrying.
YES!

Old 04-21-2015, 11:45 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 19
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Um... View Post
I think the layout of the majority of this bag is well designed, but I still don't understand why companies can't understand there's a strong demand for dual drink holders??
Did you miss the fact that it'll carry a full bladder type system plus a 1 litre bottle?