Old 09-15-2017, 11:06 PM

Niced 3 Times in 2 Posts

BW was still on the pad and walking off after throwing OB on the first playoff hole when he said, "It's all yours man". He didn't "game" Philo by saying something as Philo was about to throw as has been suggested here. It seems disingenuous to suggest that Philo is so weak-minded that this comment caused him to shank his drive, pooch his pitchout, misplace his approach, then miss his putt. BW explained in detail in the referenced pod cast that the way he won was not satisfying; that he didn't want to win that way and didn't want PB to lose that way. No matter what you think of BW he has certainly been the catalyst for an interesting discussion.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2017, 08:31 AM

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 57
Niced 32 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwgort View Post
I think we're close to the same page.

Do you think someone that was suspended 3 times and currently on 24 month probation for poor behavior towards his opponents deserves the benefit of the doubt? I guess that's why I don't give him any benefit here. I just tuned in for the playoff and was shocked he made the comment in his first tournament back.
Like Hampstead said, having no context into the type of conversation/vibes the two players were engaging in during the final round makes calling this gamesmanship rather than an incidental etiquette lapse impossible. It's not really about whether he deserves the benefit of the doubt, which I don't think he does. We just don't have enough information to make the call.

Old 09-16-2017, 02:51 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 185
Niced 507 Times in 383 Posts

This would have to be the weakest trash talk ever.

Niced: (2)