Old 03-16-2016, 02:24 PM

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sorry to dredge up an old thread. But I have to say, I love this disc. Especially thrown on a low flat line, it goes straight and just seems to glide forever. IMO these are better than volts, but I get that I am in the minority on that probably. Is it safe to assume that the reason this disc is not offered in anything other than Neutron and mainly just in heavier weights is the lack of popularity?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2016, 03:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 69
Niced 44 Times in 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post
Sorry to dredge up an old thread. But I have to say, I love this disc. Especially thrown on a low flat line, it goes straight and just seems to glide forever. IMO these are better than volts, but I get that I am in the minority on that probably. Is it safe to assume that the reason this disc is not offered in anything other than Neutron and mainly just in heavier weights is the lack of popularity?
You might have one of those 1st run ones? After the initial release, they beefed these up for the 2nd run onward. From then on they're pretty OS, with pretty aggressive fade. Once the Motion dropped, most Shock throwers moved on (myself included.)

Or maybe you have a cannon arm.
Old 03-16-2016, 03:31 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 31
Niced 60 Times in 43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro71 View Post
You might have one of those 1st run ones? After the initial release, they beefed these up for the 2nd run onward. From then on they're pretty OS, with pretty aggressive fade. Once the Motion dropped, most Shock throwers moved on (myself included.)
That's what I was thinking. Especially if he found it near hole 2 at Valley View... because it's probably the red and black 1st run that I lost two years ago.
Old 03-17-2016, 02:00 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 12
Niced 8 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro71 View Post

Or maybe you have a cannon arm.
Idk, I had a 1st run and a 2nd run, and while the 1st run was more understable, my 2nd run was not much different than my volt. I would compare my shock to the plasma volt today. Straight, some turn when thrown full power, lots of distance, ends with soft fade. I have not seen much of a reason to test another later run since the resistor and motion releases, but I still bring my shock just for fun.
Old 03-17-2016, 10:33 AM
* Ace Member *

^I've just never had one of those -1ish Shocks. I've owned two, and both were pretty meaty.
Old 03-17-2016, 10:42 AM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 133
Niced 470 Times in 356 Posts

The first runs that are US reminded me of a faster switch. I bagged one for a while that would turn but still fade. Current run shocks are pretty OS nothing like a plasma volt which would be the least OS of any volt.
Old 03-17-2016, 05:08 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 12
Niced 8 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
The first runs that are US reminded me of a faster switch. I bagged one for a while that would turn but still fade. Current run shocks are pretty OS nothing like a plasma volt which would be the least OS of any volt.
Agreed that the plasma is the least os volt, and that is exactly how my shock flies. Before I sold my 1st run shock, I compared the plh's and they were different. I really wonder if my 2nd run was actually a more stable 1st run, because its not beefy by any means. I will try and get a comparison video together soon of putters, mids, fw, and drivers. I just have to find another video editing software because the windows 10 update ended my movie maker program...
Old 03-17-2016, 05:27 PM
* Ace Member *

^You could have a freak, like a 1.5st run, lol. It does happen, even with the GYROs.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 16
Niced 115 Times in 82 Posts

Someone compare this to a flat, high plh volt for me.

How much more overstable are we talking? Thinking of a shock/crave combo? Right now I have a flat volt that is decently overstable, but not crazy.

Old 03-27-2017, 10:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 122
Niced 351 Times in 235 Posts

The Shock fades a bit sooner and harder the Volts do, and fights out of an anhyzer more. Not quite as OS as a Resistor, Fireball, Firebird, XXX, etc, but beefier than the beefiest Volts. If you're going to use a Volt cycle, carrying a Shock as your "OS Volt" makes a lot of sense. If you're going with the Crave, the Resistor feels damn near identical so they match up better IMO.