Old 08-08-2016, 10:41 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 35.5
Courses Played: 487
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 15 Times in 9 Posts

and although its technically not California, Reno/Tahoe DG's newest course just over the border
Reno: South Valley Regional Sports Complex. 9 Hole Recreational that's just gone in.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2016, 09:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17.1
Courses Played: 1019
Niced 51 Times in 22 Posts

Beaumont California will be pulling that course soon and relocating baskets to another park being built in a new community.
Old 09-29-2016, 12:51 AM
* Ace Member *

New course in Beaumont, CA is officially in. Nicklaus disc golf park
Attached Images
File Type: jpg park.jpg (101.4 KB, 28 views)
Old 10-26-2016, 08:15 PM
Bogey Member

Default Folsom's BT Collins Course

Just finished putting in the tee signs and forming tees at B.T. Collins today. Its supposed to rain here the next couple of days so hopefully will be able to get baskets in sometime next week.
Old 10-27-2016, 08:05 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 17.2
Courses Played: 1
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonandsharon View Post
Just finished putting in the tee signs and forming tees at B.T. Collins today. Its supposed to rain here the next couple of days so hopefully will be able to get baskets in sometime next week.
Wow. I still cant believe i and the rest of the community of discers in the area get to say that there is a course in Folsom. I remember a few years back okay 10 years thinking that there will never ever be a official course in Folsom. Glad to be wrong.

Thank you to all that got this going and installed.
Old 11-07-2016, 10:56 PM
* Ace Member *

is this course playable or will it be by Friday/Saturday???
Old 11-08-2016, 03:20 AM
Bogey Member

Default Not quite ready...

I tried to send a different message but it doesnt look like it got through to Lion. This is Sharon (jasonandsharon). I am on the board of the Folsom Disc Golf Club. We found out Friday that we are required to put grounding rods in for the baskets that will be under power lines.

It is interesting finding data to install them..even building inspectors chuckled at this requirement. Anyway, baskets will be installed after grounding rods and park and recs paints the parking spaces. Stay tuned, love to have you come play.
Regards, Sharon

PS-Looking for some assist on our logo... anyone know someone that knows someone? Trying to manage costs as the club is footing the bill for the course with help from donations and hole sponsors.
Old 11-08-2016, 12:45 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 106
Niced 102 Times in 65 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonandsharon View Post
... We found out Friday that we are required to put grounding rods in for the baskets that will be under power lines.

It is interesting finding data to install them..even building inspectors chuckled at this requirement. Anyway, baskets will be installed after grounding rods and park and recs paints the parking spaces. Stay tuned, love to have you come play....
I am curious, why the grounding rods? I am guessing that it is so that someone touching the basket does not open a path for power to arc from the lines to the basket, and then to ground. But it seems a possibility that by grounding the baskets it would make it so that the baskets would always have a charge running through them....
Old 11-08-2016, 10:48 PM
Par Delusionary

Years Playing: 45.5
Courses Played: 366
Niced 1,711 Times in 840 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldst View Post
I am curious, why the grounding rods? I am guessing that it is so that someone touching the basket does not open a path for power to arc from the lines to the basket, and then to ground. But it seems a possibility that by grounding the baskets it would make it so that the baskets would always have a charge running through them....
Hmm. Hard to see how a basket would not be grounded. I know I've felt a charge touching baskets that are under power lines, but I assumed that was because the basket was grounded.

Old 11-13-2016, 12:47 PM
Bogey Member

Grounding Disc Golf Baskets is definitely a new one on me. It is possible for metal to develop an electrical charge in a high voltage area and power companies will sometimes require grounding of chainlink fences and metal trellises under lines, but this is a first time I've ever been asked to ground disc golf baskets. It is obviously an expense, a several hundred dollars expense, we hadn't really budgeted for but what can you do.
In course design: "Parks and Recs are always right, no matter how wrong they are, they're right"

Niced: (1)