Old 05-02-2022, 10:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 4
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,072 Times in 1,070 Posts

Horsman called it on know your miss, imo.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 05-03-2022, 12:56 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 376 Times in 213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skervoy View Post
Given I never saw IRL I would say my go to would be either my tursas or origin. Slight hyzerflip that stands up and drifts reliably. If I have a double mando closer to the tee I probably go something a bit more understable so I can release it on more hyzer.

Not that I always can execute it but I at least always try to figure out how I can avoid hitting early trees. So on this hole it looks like B is the early miss so I rather get a bit to much hyzer or to left.
This is how I was originally thinking, but now I think part of why I've been cautiously creeping up rather than committing with the Comet is that the hyzerflip feels pretty touchy for this line. Spatially, the baby-anny play w/ something slightly more stable might do better on this specific hole (it's hard to tell in images). I've not tried it since I'm not as comfortable controlling those yet, so a good reason to learn.

I could also commit to a faster hyzerflip w/ a seasoned Buzzz or fairway rather than worrying about finessing it, but the miss on a faster hyzerflip shot could bounce hard off A or B and be in the death brush on either side, often yielding a bogey. In contrast, the slight anny shapes well enough and missing that line might be more likely to yield a recovery shot for par. E.g., the bounce Simon gets would probably get him back for par since it's easier to recover form the brush behind tree B.

Will work on it & report back!

Last edited by Brychanus; 05-03-2022 at 12:59 PM.
Old 05-03-2022, 04:26 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 37 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brychanus View Post
This is how I was originally thinking, but now I think part of why I've been cautiously creeping up rather than committing with the Comet is that the hyzerflip feels pretty touchy for this line. Spatially, the baby-anny play w/ something slightly more stable might do better on this specific hole (it's hard to tell in images). I've not tried it since I'm not as comfortable controlling those yet, so a good reason to learn.

I could also commit to a faster hyzerflip w/ a seasoned Buzzz or fairway rather than worrying about finessing it, but the miss on a faster hyzerflip shot could bounce hard off A or B and be in the death brush on either side, often yielding a bogey. In contrast, the slight anny shapes well enough and missing that line might be more likely to yield a recovery shot for par. E.g., the bounce Simon gets would probably get him back for par since it's easier to recover form the brush behind tree B.

Will work on it & report back!

Yeah I can definietly see that as a good option too, images really dont do reality justice.

We have a short hole at our local course (around 200ft or so), I had cycled through most shot shapes with a putter and mids. One day I said well f* it and I got my most overstable driver. Made it so much easier to just force a big anny that just dumps back hard in the end. The hole has treeline that goest slightly right 20% to 80% of the distance but the right side is fairly straight but the tunnel is semi narrow.

So I can see how your situation could be similar that a forced s shape could be a easier option to execute reliably.

Old 05-06-2022, 11:15 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 53 Times in 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blayed View Post
How do you feel about using FH for tunnel shots? Local 1000+ rated guy I am friends with swears by using FH for tunnels. Removes the psychological element of turning away and being able to look at the target the whole time. Also easier to keep it low if height comes into play. Definitely helped me out
Whatever hits the gap. I'm more comfortable with FH as well, but I'm a FH-dominant player.

You should be able to ignore the trees with the BH and just say "I'm going to throw my frisbee there" and do it, and you should have a frisbee that flies straight for 250'.
Old 05-06-2022, 12:42 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 712 Times in 334 Posts

I used to throw the straightest, slowest thing I could down the tunnel. I just recently started discing up to a slightly understable mold and doing a standstill, fan grip, approach style toss. So for a 250' tunnel instead of an Envy I would throw a standstill Roc/Kaxe. For 300' instead of the Roc I would toss a DX Teebird.

I am finding that a 85% power standstill has much better release accuracy than a 95% power full runup.
Old 05-07-2022, 02:04 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 4
Niced 2,072 Times in 1,070 Posts

At 300 feet, for my third throw, I use my putter

Niced: (2)
Old 05-09-2022, 01:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.7
Courses Played: 92
Niced 2,358 Times in 1,129 Posts

My normal strategy for these types of holes is a hyzer flip with a comet. A 300' tight line on a drive might get me throwing a maverick.

One very important thing to remember, is that a 220' throw on a 250' tight wooded hole is going to get you a c1 look. And in the tight woods, getting greens in regulation is incredibly important to scoring well. So don't necessarily lock in on the distance to the pin - look to throw the best shot you can and get a look for a putt.

Old 05-19-2022, 04:47 PM

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
For me that's a light 158ish cosmic N insanity at 300' FH or BH on a fairly flat release, im getting close to max power at maybe 350' if I'm lucky. 200' is a comet or hex, the hex gets less airplay... anything in between is a relay on a small hyzer flip.
Yep. Something lighter and flippier all the time. Beat in craves and hexes for life

Old 05-19-2022, 06:21 PM
Crushing on Zoe and Hating on Keegan

Years Playing: 14.8
Courses Played: 191
Niced 2,898 Times in 1,328 Posts

Sometimes you just have to yeet a FH roller up the middle.