Old 08-09-2018, 07:53 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 51
Niced 834 Times in 210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
So... its a FUI then?
lol I can neither confirm or disconfirm those allegations.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 08-10-2018, 08:28 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 437 Times in 257 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by swhite View Post
The CCDG drone footage is kind of strange. Different person running it this time?
For sure, crazy editing too. That long view of the dude at the tee...
Old 08-10-2018, 09:17 AM
* Ace Member *

As a fan watching the stream, did I really need to wait 13 holes before showing the leader board? Each hole takes 10-20 minutes, when you have players on just about every hole positions can change quite often. This seems to be the norm at all DGPT live streams, so is there something technically stopping you from showing the scores more often or are you assuming the viewers just don't want to see them?

Related...commentary comment: At one point Terry says Gibson has had 8 or so birdies through 10 holes or something like that, and then nothing else is mentioned. Huh? You dangle that carrot for the viewers but no follow up? Was surprised to see him coming in 5 strokes out. When the featured card is playing meh..as it was in r1, I would think it would be important to keep the viewers current about the players who are leading. Sometimes it's easy to assume the featured card is "winning" especially when you don't see the scores for so long.

I do appreciate and enjoy the live streams, but as a fan...it's frustrating waiting so long to see the scores from the other players. Please consider showing the leader board before going to commercial. I think that would be an appropriate time to show them. And you don't even need to discuss or comment on it, just show it for a few secs and roll sponsor vids.

Old 08-10-2018, 09:23 AM
.:Hall of Fame Member:.

Years Playing: 29.6
Courses Played: 668
Niced 877 Times in 457 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post
As a fan watching the stream, did I really need to wait 13 holes before showing the leader board? Each hole takes 10-20 minutes, when you have players on just about every hole positions can change quite often. This seems to be the norm at all DGPT live streams, so is there something technically stopping you from showing the scores more often or are you assuming the viewers just don't want to see them?

Related...commentary comment: At one point Terry says Gibson has had 8 or so birdies through 10 holes or something like that, and then nothing else is mentioned. Huh? You dangle that carrot for the viewers but no follow up? Was surprised to see him coming in 5 strokes out. When the featured card is playing meh..as it was in r1, I would think it would be important to keep the viewers current about the players who are leading. Sometimes it's easy to assume the featured card is "winning" especially when you don't see the scores for so long.

I do appreciate and enjoy the live streams, but as a fan...it's frustrating waiting so long to see the scores from the other players. Please consider showing the leader board before going to commercial. I think that would be an appropriate time to show them. And you don't even need to discuss or comment on it, just show it for a few secs and roll sponsor vids.
Simple. Just have the UDisc Live page tab open while watching. That's where Terry gets the info for commentary. All of the scores are up-to-date for everyone and ranked based on their current over/under par value.
Old 08-10-2018, 09:53 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgkdisc View Post
Simple. Just have the UDisc Live page tab open while watching. That's where Terry gets the info for commentary. All of the scores are up-to-date for everyone and ranked based on their current over/under par value.
You're limiting the point to just the tech savvy die hards. My broader point is for casual fans. And then there's viewers who don't watch it live. etc, etc.

Old 08-10-2018, 09:57 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.9
Courses Played: 143
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,994 Times in 853 Posts

Quote:

Thing is, the leader board is available on udisclive. And reading it there is no different than reading it off the screen on the broadcast. Actually it's superior since you can dig into the udisc stats rather than guess how the leader shot -8 or whatever.

And during the first round, where the feature card is not the lead card and may not even have anyone in contention for the lead (certainly that's unknown for first half of the round at least), I don't find the leaderboard all that important to the broadcast. In fact, in the early going, I find even the lower third graphics that note the player's score a little silly. Yes, let us know whether they're +2 or -4 or whatever, but it's funny to see Ricky shown as T56 or whatever after hole 1.

In subsequent rounds, with the featured card being the tournament leaders, the scoreboard is a bit more relevant. Seeing it more frequently makes sense to give context to where the players stand. In the midst of the first round though...it's superfluous.
Old 08-10-2018, 10:03 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 52
Niced 2,203 Times in 1,233 Posts

Not everybody can have udisc and the live stream going at the same time. When I do, it makes my live stream lag pretty bad.

Niced: (3)
Old 08-10-2018, 10:12 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
Thing is, the leader board is available on udisclive.
To put that on the "fan viewer" is a bit of cop out imop.. Sorry but if it's nothing technical and it's just your decision making to not show the scores more often, then imop you are very much making the wrong decision.

Old 08-10-2018, 10:26 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 52
Niced 2,203 Times in 1,233 Posts

They don't even have to use a graphic. It would take Terry or Dixon all of 10 or 15 seconds to just say the top5...

Or, one of the udisc guys, that always seem to be in the live chat, can post a leaderboard in the chat window...

Last edited by brutalbrutus; 08-10-2018 at 10:31 AM.

Old 08-10-2018, 10:48 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 108
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 502 Times in 245 Posts

Quote:
Jeez, spoilers much?

I've been saving the old live feed to watch in my spare time, and I really enjoy the suspense of wondering how many holes it will take them to show the leader board.

Way to ruin it for me!