Old 08-15-2018, 01:37 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 192 Times in 121 Posts

Interesting post on Instagram by Paige Pierce

"Ledgestone. Honestly, I can not say I am ever excited to come to this event. The courses that the FPO division play leave me feeling un challenged and that is not why I travel the world playing professional disc golf. I crave the challenge that you feel when you step on to a tee pad at a championship level course. This did bring to my attention though, something I need to work on to get ready for the 2019 world championships, which will be in Peoria, my short game. On most of the par fours I had a look at eagle while the par threes I was attacking too hard and leaving myself long putts just to save par. There ARE certain holes I need to back off on, so thank you Northwood for the reminder. My question for y’all who are consistently watching tour coverage is would you prefer see the FPO play these harder courses and/or teepads that the men are playing? ———————————
Congrats to @discprincess on your win, your putt looked amazing this weekend. And to @paigebjerkaas it is coming so soon muggsy, I know you feel it too. As always, thank you to my sponsors, the media teams, the spectators, and all the volunteers who braved that Peoria heat all weekend! See y’all at Maple Hill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!📷:
"
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2018, 01:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 43
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,031 Times in 901 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
Interesting post on Instagram by Paige Pierce

"Ledgestone. Honestly, I can not say I am ever excited to come to this event. The courses that the FPO division play leave me feeling un challenged and that is not why I travel the world playing professional disc golf. I crave the challenge that you feel when you step on to a tee pad at a championship level course. This did bring to my attention though, something I need to work on to get ready for the 2019 world championships, which will be in Peoria, my short game. On most of the par fours I had a look at eagle while the par threes I was attacking too hard and leaving myself long putts just to save par. There ARE certain holes I need to back off on, so thank you Northwood for the reminder. My question for y’all who are consistently watching tour coverage is would you prefer see the FPO play these harder courses and/or teepads that the men are playing? ———————————
Congrats to @discprincess on your win, your putt looked amazing this weekend. And to @paigebjerkaas it is coming so soon muggsy, I know you feel it too. As always, thank you to my sponsors, the media teams, the spectators, and all the volunteers who braved that Peoria heat all weekend! See y’all at Maple Hill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!📷:
"
All I hear is:

Old 08-15-2018, 02:09 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 522 Times in 257 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
All I hear is:

If Michael Johansen or Paul McBeth had written something similar about the MPO side of things, you would have a much more sympathetic response.

I think you have biased view, and it comes out in your posts on DGCR.

Last edited by swhite; 08-15-2018 at 02:13 PM. Reason: clarification, hopefully
Old 08-15-2018, 02:12 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 79
Niced 627 Times in 290 Posts

Quote:
All I hear is:
All I'm thinking is:

Old 08-15-2018, 02:14 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by davetherocketguy View Post
All I'm thinking is:

This guy gets it^

Niced: (1)
Old 08-15-2018, 02:21 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 79
Niced 627 Times in 290 Posts

Quote:
This guy gets it^
That eyeroll wasn't directed at Paige fyi
Old 08-15-2018, 02:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by davetherocketguy View Post
That eyeroll wasn't directed at Paige fyi
I know

Old 08-15-2018, 02:26 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 91
Niced 369 Times in 183 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by swhite View Post
If Michael Johansen or Paul McBeth had written something similar about the MPO side of things, you would have a much more sympathetic response.

I think you have biased view, and it comes out in your posts on DGCR.
She lost by 12 strokes because the courses weren't enough of a challenge??

Also, she skips quite a few events every year, if she's "never excited to play this event" then why not skip it?

I've never heard Paul or MJ make an asinine excuse like that one, so I'm not sure why you are dragging them into it. I'm fairly certain if they did, they would hear all about it. McBeth had to drop once from an event due to injury, now every time he has a bad hole, people crack jokes about how he's going to fake an injury to drop out.

Old 08-15-2018, 02:36 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 192 Times in 121 Posts

I read this like she wants to play the same course as the men and wants the same challenge as them

Old 08-15-2018, 02:37 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.7
Courses Played: 107
Niced 200 Times in 87 Posts

PP is rated higher than I'll ever be rated...took the game up late and I'm old...but I think she doesn't play smart many times. She has to learn when to go for it, and when to chill.

BTW, not only did she finish 12 shots behind the leader, but she came in FIFTH. Why would she want to play more challenging courses? (I played Sunset and Northwood in the tourney, they are both challenging).