Old 01-24-2019, 07:51 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,952 Times in 1,289 Posts

Way better! I'd consider that more of a standstill throw than one leg, but you are definitely getting to the front leg to throw now.

I think you're maybe getting in your own way going right to left on the teepad or something, that jams you up a bit so you don't swing through freely. I'm not entirely sure what is happening but I know it's not quite right. Back of teepad view would help me but I'm sure SW can spot it easily.

Your back arm is way out there, try to get the left elbow to left hip as or before you shift your weight, so that the arm ends up by your side and can counterweight your swing.

I also think you may be turning too backward too soon in the X-step rather than waiting until you are on the left leg to leverage back on the hip.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2019, 09:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 219
Niced 2,081 Times in 1,308 Posts

Yeah, on right path.

OLD - you are setup up behind your front foot, instead of on top of it. You then squat too much so your knees and hips are not stacked in athletic posture and your front knee bows out past the ankle instead of catching your hip upright. Same thing basically happens in your full throw and horsestanced with rear foot backwards like SP noted.
Old 01-25-2019, 05:45 AM
Par Member

Niced 9 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
Way better! I'd consider that more of a standstill throw than one leg, but you are definitely getting to the front leg to throw now.

I think you're maybe getting in your own way going right to left on the teepad or something, that jams you up a bit so you don't swing through freely. I'm not entirely sure what is happening but I know it's not quite right. Back of teepad view would help me but I'm sure SW can spot it easily.

Your back arm is way out there, try to get the left elbow to left hip as or before you shift your weight, so that the arm ends up by your side and can counterweight your swing.

I also think you may be turning too backward too soon in the X-step rather than waiting until you are on the left leg to leverage back on the hip.
Yes I did notice that in the video Im starting to open my hips up early, I think it might be something to do with my left foot turning then facing backwards on my x-step rather than more perpendicular to my body. I think this maybe might possibly help with the tee pad thing going excessively from one corner to the other to throw, maybe.

Hand in closer to body, got it!
Thanks again for the help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
Yeah, on right path.

OLD - you are setup up behind your front foot, instead of on top of it. You then squat too much so your knees and hips are not stacked in athletic posture and your front knee bows out past the ankle instead of catching your hip upright. Same thing basically happens in your full throw and horsestanced with rear foot backwards like SP noted.
I did notice after reviewing my video that it was more of a standstill than a OLD... stand with body stacked, nose over toes, then throw. Thanks again for the help!

Old 01-25-2019, 05:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,952 Times in 1,289 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbultman View Post
Hand in closer to body, got it!
Try some different things to make it work...but for me focusing on upper arm or elbow toward hip helps like SW explains it. If you move the hand, sometimes your elbow can still be all funky out to the side. If you get the elbow in then it will work out.