Old 01-09-2017, 12:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 22.4
Courses Played: 2
Niced 700 Times in 442 Posts

Come on in, have a seat. You're interviewing for the position of PDGA ED. My first question is, would you be willing to make a mid season points adjustment for qualification to world's?

Why no I wouldn't.

Oh, well, thanks for coming, we'll get back to you.

Come on in, have a seat. You're interviewing for the position of PDGA ED. My first question is what would you think of a mid season adjustment to the points needed to qualify for world's?

That would be a bad idea.

Come on in, have a seat. You're interviewing for the position of PDGA ED. My first question is, would you be willing to make a mid season points adjustment for qualification to world's?

Seems okay to me.

You're hired!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2017, 10:46 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.8
Courses Played: 178
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 156 Times in 98 Posts
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyleoross View Post

Why no I wouldn't.

Come on in, have a seat. You're interviewing for the position of PDGA ED. My first question is what would you think of a mid season adjustment to the points needed to qualify for world's?

That would be a bad idea.

Seems okay to me.

You're hired!
Why Lyle, my friend, you know the correct answer is, "Well, I would be here for the purpose of doing what's best for the membership of the PDGA. I think it would be extremely presumptuous of me to know what the members want at any point in time. In fact, what teh members want today may be different next year and the year after that. So I'd be sure to receive a lot of input from all sources before I make any decision. But to answer the question after giving you that background, I have to say that I wouldn't take any decision off the table before I get the job and hear from members. It would be awfully cocky of me to say that I am all-knowing of what's best before having a chance to know the organization well."

How's that ??
Old 01-12-2017, 07:40 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.4
Courses Played: 142
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,232 Times in 536 Posts

Hmmm....would you look at that: 2018 Worlds Invitation criteria.

Posted one week into the qualifying season instead of 7-8 months in. No apparent changes, but still nice to know these things in advance enough to plan accordingly rather than assume there will be no changes and be blindsided by them halfway through. Perhaps a roadblock was removed from the process? \_(ツ)_/
Old 01-12-2017, 08:23 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 22.4
Courses Played: 2
Niced 700 Times in 442 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by araytx View Post
Why Lyle, my friend, you know the correct answer is, "Well, I would be here for the purpose of doing what's best for the membership of the PDGA. I think it would be extremely presumptuous of me to know what the members want at any point in time. In fact, what teh members want today may be different next year and the year after that. So I'd be sure to receive a lot of input from all sources before I make any decision. But to answer the question after giving you that background, I have to say that I wouldn't take any decision off the table before I get the job and hear from members. It would be awfully cocky of me to say that I am all-knowing of what's best before having a chance to know the organization well."

How's that ??
Very nice!
Old 01-13-2017, 11:39 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 211
Niced 39 Times in 26 Posts

And with the plethora of quality courses we have in Charlotte, I think we can have 4 pools for every division and have them all do a Big Shuffle 1/2 way through. I'm not saying that's what is going to happen, but it's at least a possibility here. No juniors helps as well.
Old 01-13-2017, 03:57 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 104
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

I'll be there making my Masters debut, 2nd Worlds for me
Old 04-02-2017, 12:44 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.8
Courses Played: 178
Niced 156 Times in 98 Posts

Invites are out::

Looks like over 6,000 invites across all divisions. Everyone got their computers set up and pre-entered data ready for May 12???
Old 04-02-2017, 01:46 PM
Par Delusionary

Years Playing: 44
Courses Played: 306
Niced 813 Times in 434 Posts

Here is a stupid use for numbers:

Attached Images
File Type: png AWbyNumber.png (16.6 KB, 197 views)
Old 04-30-2017, 08:52 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 10.8
Courses Played: 25
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Favorable schedule for the Advanced division

I looked back at the course scheduling for the past couple of Am Worlds and every division gets scattered across all the courses. But for 2017 Am Worlds the two top rated courses (West Lake and Campden) are almost exclusive to the Am1 (Advanced) division. Almost none of the other divisions play those sites. In fact Am1 plays round 1, 2, 5, 6 all on the same course and then back for the finals. Where as all the other divisions play a max of two rounds on any single course.

Is this just an early draft of the schedule that is going to change or can we expect this schedule to general stay the same?

Seems really weighted (to the extreme) towards Am1 at the expense of everyone else.

2017 course schedule...
http://www.pdga.com/files/2017_amate...draft_v3.5.pdf

Old 04-30-2017, 09:20 AM
.:Hall of Fame Member:.

Years Playing: 29.2
Courses Played: 655
Niced 611 Times in 331 Posts

Take a closer look. MA1 plays only one course twice and four others once during the prelims and plays one course a second time in the semis that they played once in the prelims. Same routine as the other divisions except the oldest and youngest who play fewer rounds overall.