Old 02-29-2020, 04:58 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 17
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,048 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
Element didn't have any molds and/or production parts to sell. Their production was contracted out. The Iridium was made by Gateway and used the Reptilian putter top with the Warlock wing; those mold pieces are still safely at Gateway where they use them to make the Warlocks and Scales I throw at trees on the regular.
Thanks, I did not know. Nice to see another company AGL using the molds from Gateway to make those deep putters.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2020, 04:02 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 46 Times in 42 Posts

Does the sinus count? the grip pads on top are fairly unique
Old 03-02-2020, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancerswimmer89 View Post
I mentioned the same thing. Those grip pads are different.

Niced: (1)
Old 03-03-2020, 12:08 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 25.5
Courses Played: 136
Niced 3,330 Times in 1,199 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancerswimmer89 View Post
The idea is pretty old, though. Mark Ellis used to do this thing where they would burn in the hotstamps in a way that made a texture on the top, they were called "Lizard Skin Magnets." It just wasn't anything in demand enough that it became a regular production thing. I think the Sinus might be the first disc to do this on a regular production run, though. I'm not really sure about that; at this point there have been a lot of "little guys" who have done some innovative things here and there, but they couldn't compete and they fade away after a bit. I don't recall if any of them had brought this feature to the market before the Sinus.
Old 03-04-2020, 09:24 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 46 Times in 42 Posts

Quote:
The idea is pretty old, though. Mark Ellis used to do this thing where they would burn in the hotstamps in a way that made a texture on the top, they were called "Lizard Skin Magnets." It just wasn't anything in demand enough that it became a regular production thing. I think the Sinus might be the first disc to do this on a regular production run, though. I'm not really sure about that; at this point there have been a lot of "little guys" who have done some innovative things here and there, but they couldn't compete and they fade away after a bit. I don't recall if any of them had brought this feature to the market before the Sinus.
Yeah, the Sinus is really the only putter that has stood the test of time with that sort of feature. Latitude also makes the Spike that has 2 grip surfaces, but that's more of a approach or mid-range disc in my opinion

Old 03-04-2020, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Closest I can think of is the Juju and the other midrange approach disc that had the thumbprints on the two discs Ching made. Ching was a Innova trilogy brand at the time, the smallest brand at the time to have Innova work with them in disc manufacturing/distribution but due to working with Innova the brand was not small.