Old 02-06-2020, 10:36 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 42.1
Courses Played: 47
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 18 Times in 5 Posts

Pure Putt 11 keeps stats at various distances and has 4 game options for multi players. It can be used for competitions or practice. Android only.

Yeah, fiddling with the phone while putting just ain't right. Would a love voice recognition feature but that is high tech!
Sponsored Links

Last edited by Grayson; 02-06-2020 at 10:38 PM.
Old 02-07-2020, 03:51 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 150
Niced 334 Times in 196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson View Post
Pure Putt 11 keeps stats at various distances and has 4 game options for multi players. It can be used for competitions or practice. Android only.

Yeah, fiddling with the phone while putting just ain't right. Would a love voice recognition feature but that is high tech!
homecourt.ai - Check this out. Now THAT is high tech.

Can we please get someone working on a homecourt.ai variant for putting? lol
Old 02-10-2020, 12:46 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 42.1
Courses Played: 47
Niced 18 Times in 5 Posts

Pretty dang cool! Makes one want to hit the court rather than the course! I agree. It seems the same concept could be applied to the putting circle!
Old 04-08-2020, 11:59 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 23.9
Courses Played: 324
Niced 61 Times in 23 Posts

Corona bump. Some other good ideas in this thread for quarantine disc golf practice.

I do the Finnish game (JYLY) a lot regardless, I just now have more time at home to do it.
Old 04-09-2020, 07:27 AM

Niced 27 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjreagh View Post
Corona bump. Some other good ideas in this thread for quarantine disc golf practice.

I do the Finnish game (JYLY) a lot regardless, I just now have more time at home to do it.
You can try www.discgolf-coach.com

There is a variant of JYLY game + survival mode made for pressure putts. Keeps your stats and has a leaderboards.

Niced: (1)
Old 04-09-2020, 01:48 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20
Courses Played: 68
Niced 499 Times in 266 Posts

With all of the Pro "Challenge" videos coming out lately, has any of them ever played JYLY for score?

I remember Seppo doing a video where he talks about playing it, but I've never seen scores from other pros.

For a challenge, I'd like to see how many perfect rounds of JYLY Paul can complete before missing.

Niced: (1)
Old 04-09-2020, 10:13 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 23.9
Courses Played: 324
Niced 61 Times in 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubajz View Post
You can try www.discgolf-coach.com

There is a variant of JYLY game + survival mode made for pressure putts. Keeps your stats and has a leaderboards.
I like the sound of that. Will definitely try it out. The one downside of Jyly is that I often miss putt 1, then adjust and make 3-4 of the rest. But we know in real life only the first putt matters.

In the NBA 3-point contest, the 5th ball is worth double. I had considered something like that for the 1st putt, but that is a lot of extra to keep up with. Could also make putt 1 a negative score for a miss.
Old 04-10-2020, 11:24 AM

Niced 27 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjreagh View Post
I like the sound of that. Will definitely try it out. The one downside of Jyly is that I often miss putt 1, then adjust and make 3-4 of the rest. But we know in real life only the first putt matters.

In the NBA 3-point contest, the 5th ball is worth double. I had considered something like that for the 1st putt, but that is a lot of extra to keep up with. Could also make putt 1 a negative score for a miss.
As I see it, the JYLY game is good to gain confidence and muscle memory, I see no problem with missing the first putt and letting the body accomodate to the rest, thats's why we do so many practice putts, to feel confident and let the body do what we are userd to. Also, for every putt, you can step back, reset the stance and putt again. That should be the most efficient.

Then for pressure putts (similar to tournament putts), there is the Survival game. If you have any other ideas for pressure putt games, let me know, I can add them to the Disc Golf Coach app.

Old 04-14-2020, 02:13 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.9
Courses Played: 65
Niced 86 Times in 47 Posts

I'd been using the old JYLY app because my computer is crap and I don't have Excel for Chromebook. The problem with the app was 1.) It doesn't exist on the App Store anymore, and 2.) It not only didn't save your stats, but it didn't even give you your final results except for a score.

Thought people might appreciate this discovery though: Find "Putt Maister" (sic) on the App Store. In the app if you go to "more" on the bottom right and select "practices" you can set it up to do JYLY and save your progress. There are other modes on there as well that can also be tracked. I used it for the first time last night so it might have bugs, but it's worth looking into if you use the JYLY game.