Old 04-21-2020, 06:51 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 61
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 330 Times in 206 Posts

I am awaiting delivery of a VIP-X Warship. I love the plain Warship, but a tick of extra stability in the wind would be awesome.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2020, 08:08 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 468
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 927 Times in 475 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypaws View Post
I am awaiting delivery of a VIP-X Warship. I love the plain Warship, but a tick of extra stability in the wind would be awesome.
I have been debating trying one of these too. The Warship glides for days but that's what I was thinking too, just a bit more stability.

Also, I must've missed that there were X Saints. Did those just come out?
Old 04-21-2020, 08:41 PM

Niced 28 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhaley View Post
I have been debating trying one of these too. The Warship glides for days but that's what I was thinking too, just a bit more stability.

The chameleon run isn't any more stable than a regular vip. They feel and fly exactly the same to me. I've had other vipx stuff that was both stiffer and more stable but the warship isn't.
Old 04-21-2020, 10:23 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 31
Niced 970 Times in 464 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
why would i go through the trouble of sanding down my frisbee when i can just buy one from a different manufacturer that comes without flashing

what other products do people buy where they specifically choose the more laborious route when they have other options
Trilogy stuff is definitely amongst the worst for flashing, but I haven't had that on their -X plastics at all. At least amongst the 6 River-X's I have.

Niced: (1)
Old 04-21-2020, 11:14 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 367
Niced 2,431 Times in 1,377 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoobyPls View Post
Trilogy stuff is definitely amongst the worst for flashing, but I haven't had that on their -X plastics at all. At least amongst the 6 River-X's I have.
must be the ones we had in the store

i saw the x and was like ohhh new rivers and went to fondle it and almost lost my finger it was so sharp

idk i love the flights from rivers and saints but i hate the razor it comes it
Old 04-21-2020, 11:32 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmuth View Post
The chameleon run isn't any more stable than a regular vip. They feel and fly exactly the same to me. I've had other vipx stuff that was both stiffer and more stable but the warship isn't.
I thought they were Chameleon-X so I assumed they'd be more stable. If that's the case though I'll just stick with my VIP.
Old 04-21-2020, 11:34 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
must be the ones we had in the store

i saw the x and was like ohhh new rivers and went to fondle it and almost lost my finger it was so sharp

idk i love the flights from rivers and saints but i hate the razor it comes it
You must be fingering them too hard.😉

Niced: (3)
Old 04-22-2020, 08:34 AM

Niced 3 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhaley View Post

I’m not sure when I got the X Saints. Trilogy were clearly on a roll cranking out X-plastic for a variety of molds, so I was checking the “Limited Release” and Misprint sections of their site daily. It seems that these runs are pretty rare, so I wanted to stock up when I had the opportunity.

I was also able to grab misprint X Explorers and Getaways.

I will say that the X Underworld is my best-flying tailwind driver at the moment. I haven’t had enough opportunity to play with the X Warship to come to a meaningful conclusion about it.

My only other River is an Opto-Air, so I don’t think it’s a fair comparison to the Opto-X. That said, the X River still flies extremely straight and doesn’t seem to finish too hard left. It’s been windy lately, and a River is not normally a disc I reach for with wind.

Niced: (2)
Old 04-22-2020, 09:50 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 143
Niced 248 Times in 97 Posts

I tried the Nikko Fortress the other day, which is the X plastic. I've been throwing the regular VIP Fortresses for about a year and a half. It dumps out noticeably but not drastically earlier than the normal VIP Fortresses. The PLH is slightly higher as you might expect. The plastic is super stiff, which I love. It also feels indestructible but I have yet to seriously test that. I'm going to try some forehand rollers and overhands with it here in the next month and I will see how it beats in.
I don't know if it will find a place in my bag as the extra stability makes it fly similarly (but not the same) as some of the Firebirds I bag.

Old 04-26-2020, 02:08 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 13
Courses Played: 23
Niced 21 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoobyPls View Post
I have a VIP-X Underworld and 2 Lucid-X Convicts with ZERO flashing. Haven't thrown the Underworld yet but the Convicts are both much beefier than their non-X counterparts. I use them mainly forehand. But also in a Firebird backhand role as well, where I don't want max distance.

Last edited by aarontpx; 04-26-2020 at 02:13 PM.