Old 04-10-2020, 08:11 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 105 Times in 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UhhNegative View Post
The front shoulder will also needs to stay closed long enough and I struggle big time with that one still. It's too hard to fix by thinking about just delaying them, I think the thought has to be targetward ejection and the shoulders will do what they are supposed to.
Thanks UN Iíll give that a go next field session.
This quote here I find is almost a fix on its own, if I think about extending out front and to the target, it suddenly becomes harder to spin and my brain focuses on the weight instead.

Iíve been having some of the best rounds of my life! Got a new PB (-5) at one of the longer courses here in town, getting birdie looks at holes Iíd never dream of getting!

The biggest breakthrough recently and perhaps of all time (other than shift from behind) is my POSTURE. SW ainít kidding, THE POWER OF POSTURE! As soon as I adjusted my posture (quite extremely I might add, Iíve been hunched over and couldnít see/feel it for a very long time, 2 years?) I got immediate results. Like literally everything you Guys have taught me worked instantly. I was laughing watching my first shot from the tee when it all worked. The disc had this insane forward carry it was unbelievable. I parked the hole for a tap in and had a **** eating grin for the rest of the day.

I had been collapsed to one side (which SW has pointed out a thousand times but I never fixed it enough/properly) which I thought was allowing me to make room for the swing/pendulum, but was infact not allowing proper range of motion /mechanics with both my lower and upper body, e.g when swinging inside out with this posture, it didnít create that torque in the hips nearly as much as with a stacked upright posture.

Same with the swing path, I thought I was making room, but I fact my body was just blocking the disc, never allowing to get back ďinĒ to eject out.

I could go on but itís a fundamental change for me and as you can probably tell Iím
Super excited and stoked for it!

Iím having great fun throwing and watching all my lower speed plastics actually execute the numbers to a tee, itís fascinating. Itís really fun to throw a 7 speed and hit the line I envisioned, when before Iíd reach for the speed 10+ and get wild results.

So Iíve been reading a tonne of articles and lots of things make sense now. A particular one that Iím interested in is the rocking the hips by drk.

I took a home Clip here and Iím exaggerating the spine angle but is this the general premise? The hips rock back then forward into the brace.
It feels crazy powerful and when I played with it on the course I got great results. But Iím thinking the initial step, even though my hips are rocking back it wouldnít matter as long as Iím moving targetward?

Thankyou for your time and insight as always gents

Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2020, 11:56 PM
Birdie Member

On further thought. Maybe the hips rock but the spine angle/tilt remains targetward throughout the sequence
Old 04-11-2020, 12:34 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.9
Courses Played: 222
Niced 3,519 Times in 2,152 Posts

Mmm, I suppose you are more upright in the sagittal plane - no longer folded chest over toward knees with butt sticking out, but your frontal plane - lateral side bend motion targetward/balance is still off.

1. Dingle Arm - Making athletic motion to target your front shoulder needs to hang lower than rear shoulder to start/leverage the pump and use the shoulders as a lever/pendulum. Your rear shoulder hanging lower is why your rear arm is always flying out - dingle arming rear arm.

2. Hit Point - You are stopping at the hit, instead of smashing thru it!

Note the shoulder lean:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IFO7J3AV5Y#t=4m30s

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 11.58.43 PM.jpg (67.6 KB, 122 views)

Last edited by sidewinder22; 04-11-2020 at 01:02 AM.
Old 04-11-2020, 11:33 AM
Birdie Member

Oh yeah I agree I haven’t been throwing with that crazy angle tilt yet I was just trying to show the hip rocking thing. Which I guess I don’t understand still.
On that note; so the it’s JUST the hips that rock/tilt but overall I still stay like \ until I catch myself from behind like / ?

I think my target ward frontal plane is getting better overall (see post before). It’s really made a huge difference actually getting over the rear leg more during x step so I’m continuously leveraged targetward.

No hit smashing at home, I’d go straight through the window!!
Old 04-11-2020, 10:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Everything changes tilt - dynamic balance in 360 degrees. Like if you were standing upside down with feet on the ceiling so your feet are accelerating/orbiting around or underneath the head as center or closer to center(center will move). Pretend there was no gravity and doing this in outter space - you should end up flipping upside down all the way around. The shoulders will lag behind the hips, but they will eventually change if the hips changed.

Old 04-14-2020, 12:29 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
That is definitely better. The first one looked a little over the top, like it pulled your upper body over instead of your center. Your body/core is folding or sinking a little too much, like your back is hunching over in your downswing and head down - much easier to see behind tee. You shouldn't be looking at your feet, you can't be in good upright posture when looking down at them.

Pretend you want to continue the finish high over your head and back around behind body in same vertical plane, your elbow should rehinge behind your head like the macarana, don't do this with a hammer, when I use a flexbar it will hit between my shoulder blades, hand on back of neck. Your chest should finish standing upright extended on the front leg proud toward the sky so your feet could almost do a backflip with the feet going around over head to perpetuate the motion all the way around.

Your muscles need to react to the swing to remain taut and in control/leverage. Your muscles should be in control at the top when it's levitating, so you could pause it or slow it or speed it up if you want.

I think your hit point or point of contact might be too far forward/late, should be right where SC is setup to door frame and should plow through the door frame behind your front foot and release out.

Things are really coming together now for me and I revisited this post prior to playing a round yesterday - the results spoke for themselves.

When I swing like SW described in the 2nd paragraph and also most recent reply post the speed the disc comes out at is just mind blowing. It also makes bracing easier, and makes it harder to go over the top (IMO). Iím pretty sure my lower body isnít contributing nearly as much as it could and I was still out throwing previous distances on holes with significantly less power, the disc just seemed to exit my hand faster and carry further, but I didnít muscle it whatsoever. 370í with a leo3 and a stag just blowing my mind.

Along with my better posture things are looking up! (Pun intended?)

Also unexpected side effect - a flippy pro destroyer no longer has a crazy turnover out my hand but barely even stands up, yet a opto River flies dead straight with minimal turn and nice neutral finish. Am I do something right?!

Didnít get any video but will do next time.

Niced: (1)
Old 04-14-2020, 12:39 PM
Par Member

Niced 30 Times in 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parbequeue View Post
Things are really coming together now for me and I revisited this post prior to playing a round yesterday - the results spoke for themselves.

When I swing like SW described in the 2nd paragraph and also most recent reply post the speed the disc comes out at is just mind blowing. It also makes bracing easier, and makes it harder to go over the top (IMO). Iím pretty sure my lower body isnít contributing nearly as much as it could and I was still out throwing previous distances on holes with significantly less power, the disc just seemed to exit my hand faster and carry further, but I didnít muscle it whatsoever. 370í with a leo3 and a stag just blowing my mind.

Along with my better posture things are looking up! (Pun intended?)

Also unexpected side effect - a flippy pro destroyer no longer has a crazy turnover out my hand but barely even stands up, yet a opto River flies dead straight with minimal turn and nice neutral finish. Am I do something right?!

Didnít get any video but will do next time.
Did your throws wobble before?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 04-14-2020, 12:44 PM
Birdie Member

No not really. Not noticeably anyway. All my discs are flying very differently than before.
Old 04-14-2020, 12:46 PM
Par Member

Niced 30 Times in 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parbequeue View Post
No not really. Not noticeably anyway.
That's kind of funny. Usually more speed = more turn. But you probably got more spin than speed so it stablized it instead.

Old 04-14-2020, 01:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoseDownKing View Post
That's kind of funny. Usually more speed = more turn. But you probably got more spin than speed so it stablized it instead.

Increasing speed typically increases spin RPM. The spin ratio typically decreases as speed increases, but both are going up.
Increasing speed can also dampen wobble quicker due to higher initial aerodynamic drag.