#1  
Old 01-16-2020, 04:33 PM
NoseDownKing NoseDownKing is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 99
Niced 30 Times in 28 Posts
Default Backhand 1357

https://youtu.be/cymVugbwRr4

I've posted form checks dozens of times in Reddit, but now I decided to change things up a little. By posting something here!

I throw around 460'-480' if that helps anything.

I've put in some ridicilous hours fixing my technique. While lately I've been able to analyze myself quite a bit, since I've learnt to do so from reading a lot about proper technique. Now it feels like I can't really figure out if I'm doing anything incorrectly, atleast anything major.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-16-2020, 05:48 PM
tisjja tisjja is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 30
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Your form looks great dude, much better than mine.
But one thing I do notice comparing your form (in this throw) with alot of the top players is that they have tilted shoulders in the back turn/swing. I am sure you will see it for yourself if you look it up (eagle and simon for example).
Their right shoulder swings downwards and the left upwards (dho). When coming through tho, the left shoulder comes down and the shoulders levels up and the disc comes out flat.

Maybe this is something for you to try out
good luck

Last edited by tisjja; 01-16-2020 at 05:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-16-2020, 08:49 PM
sidewinder22's Avatar
sidewinder22 sidewinder22 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Creeping Creek DGC
Years Playing: 13.9
Courses Played: 221
Posts: 16,070
Niced 3,509 Times in 2,144 Posts
Default

Looking pretty good there overall. Camera angle looks a little funky. I think your left foot is crossing over to the left teepad in the way of your right foot stride, and end up too staggered closed on front foot with your CoG too far to the right teepad of your right foot/ankle, so your front foot starts spinning out early because your pressure/balance on the foot is too much behind your heel instead of in dynamic balance/stack on it.

Note your balance in the finish with your torso leaning over to the right and your rear leg countering over to the left, instead of finishing more stacked/balanced right on the front foot. Might help to land with your front knee more over to the left tee right over your toes, instead of toward the right/heel. Looks like you land on the front foot with your shin vertical and then angles back / bracing behind the heel. Rather see you land with shin angled \ and bracing l vertical right on top the heel/ankle like you see me doing in One Leg Drill behind the tee.


Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-17-2020, 04:37 AM
NoseDownKing NoseDownKing is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 99
Niced 30 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tisjja View Post
Your form looks great dude, much better than mine.
But one thing I do notice comparing your form (in this throw) with alot of the top players is that they have tilted shoulders in the back turn/swing. I am sure you will see it for yourself if you look it up (eagle and simon for example).
Their right shoulder swings downwards and the left upwards (dho). When coming through tho, the left shoulder comes down and the shoulders levels up and the disc comes out flat.

Maybe this is something for you to try out
good luck
Yeah true. I was throwing flat here so I don't knoe if that might have had an impact on the shoulder tilt?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-17-2020, 10:47 AM
UhhNegative UhhNegative is online now
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Courses Played: 48
Posts: 813
Niced 314 Times in 236 Posts
Default

Yeah I think your weight shift is a little bit too far to the left of the trajectory line, that's why your CoG is too far right (to counter it). Front foot stride into plant should be in the direction of the shot, as far as I know.

Last edited by UhhNegative; 01-17-2020 at 10:50 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-17-2020, 10:53 AM
NoseDownKing NoseDownKing is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 99
Niced 30 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
Looking pretty good there overall. Camera angle looks a little funky. I think your left foot is crossing over to the left teepad in the way of your right foot stride, and end up too staggered closed on front foot with your CoG too far to the right teepad of your right foot/ankle, so your front foot starts spinning out early because your pressure/balance on the foot is too much behind your heel instead of in dynamic balance/stack on it.

Note your balance in the finish with your torso leaning over to the right and your rear leg countering over to the left, instead of finishing more stacked/balanced right on the front foot. Might help to land with your front knee more over to the left tee right over your toes, instead of toward the right/heel. Looks like you land on the front foot with your shin vertical and then angles back / bracing behind the heel. Rather see you land with shin angled \ and bracing l vertical right on top the heel/ankle like you see me doing in One Leg Drill behind the tee.


By crossing over to the left teepad with the left foot, do you mean the step before coming into the x-step? I wouldn't understand how that's possible during the x-step so I reckoned it would be before it? So I should be moving more targetwards with each step instead of moving slightly left?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-17-2020, 02:03 PM
tisjja tisjja is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 30
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoseDownKing View Post
Yeah true. I was throwing flat here so I don't knoe if that might have had an impact on the shoulder tilt?
Their follow through is often level with the ground even when the reach back starts with an shoulder angle, which should mean they are throwing flats and not only doing it when throwing hyzers and flips.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-17-2020, 03:04 PM
UhhNegative UhhNegative is online now
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Courses Played: 48
Posts: 813
Niced 314 Times in 236 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoseDownKing View Post
By crossing over to the left teepad with the left foot, do you mean the step before coming into the x-step? I wouldn't understand how that's possible during the x-step so I reckoned it would be before it? So I should be moving more targetwards with each step instead of moving slightly left?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I see what he's saying I think.

Your foot is moving in the direction of the red arrow, but the disc trajectory is the green arrow. So if your foot crosses behind like that, the only way to correct would be for your plant foot to swing around your rear foot because its in the way of the true target line. From this still it looks like you are aiming almost perpendicular to the camera, but the disc actually ends up going away from the camera. Does that make sense?


Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-17-2020, 03:08 PM
UhhNegative UhhNegative is online now
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Courses Played: 48
Posts: 813
Niced 314 Times in 236 Posts
Default

Reply With Quote
 

  #10  
Old 01-17-2020, 07:50 PM
sidewinder22's Avatar
sidewinder22 sidewinder22 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Creeping Creek DGC
Years Playing: 13.9
Courses Played: 221
Posts: 16,070
Niced 3,509 Times in 2,144 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoseDownKing View Post
By crossing over to the left teepad with the left foot, do you mean the step before coming into the x-step? I wouldn't understand how that's possible during the x-step so I reckoned it would be before it? So I should be moving more targetwards with each step instead of moving slightly left?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Your left foot is moving on the red arrow toward left teepad side, in the way of your right foot.
Seppo's left foot is moving on the green arrow toward right teepad side out of the way of his right foot.
Also note Seppo doesn't even bother crossing his knees over.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 7.33.51 PM copy.jpg (18.1 KB, 186 views)

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Backhand epkade Form Analysis/Critique 7 10-01-2015 01:25 AM
Backhand help KRATC Form Analysis/Critique 64 04-16-2015 10:16 PM
Backhand help!! DiscGolfer947 Technique & Strategy 2 06-06-2011 11:54 PM
Backhand Connor Jones Technique & Strategy 7 09-28-2010 01:35 AM
backhand.. treethacker Technique & Strategy 5 05-10-2010 06:39 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.