#51  
Old 05-14-2013, 02:24 PM
Karl Karl is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 897
Niced 150 Times in 90 Posts
Default

Saw a great deal on them at an EMS and said "yeh, I think I'll buy a pair". But after spending (no exaggeration) 2 to 3 minutes trying to put them on (2 toes would go into 1 hole, none in another hole, take off, try again, 2 different toes into an althogether different hole, etc.) I said "eh, ah, mm, NO!" If I'm not coordinated enough to put them on sitting in a 72-degree store on a stool, I sure as heck won't be able to put them on 1) in a rush, 2) when they're wet, 3) when I've had 1 too many, 4) while sitting on grass....

Karl
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 05-14-2013, 03:08 PM
DeusRex DeusRex is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: CT
Courses Played: 8
Posts: 76
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
Saw a great deal on them at an EMS and said "yeh, I think I'll buy a pair". But after spending (no exaggeration) 2 to 3 minutes trying to put them on (2 toes would go into 1 hole, none in another hole, take off, try again, 2 different toes into an althogether different hole, etc.) I said "eh, ah, mm, NO!" If I'm not coordinated enough to put them on sitting in a 72-degree store on a stool, I sure as heck won't be able to put them on 1) in a rush, 2) when they're wet, 3) when I've had 1 too many, 4) while sitting on grass....

Karl
They get easier to put on as you get used to them. Everyone finds their own trick that works with them. There is no way for me to describe how I put mine on without sounding like a baffoon, so instead I will just give you all a few extra seconds of laughing instead of reading.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 05-14-2013, 03:12 PM
prerube's Avatar
prerube prerube is offline
Maryland State PDGA Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Clinton, MD
Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 256
Posts: 11,416
Niced 59 Times in 29 Posts
Default

They are not easy to put on, even with experience. It is not rocket science, but they are not slippers.
my second toe is longer than the big toe, so they are uncomfortable that way.

THEY STINK!!!!, holy crap do they smell.

Flowers get stuck in between the toes.

If you step in dog poo, you can feel the warmth, it is gross.

HOWEVER, they last 5 times longer than the Fila imitations.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 05-14-2013, 03:17 PM
Titan037's Avatar
Titan037 Titan037 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Irving, TX
Posts: 3,358
Niced 228 Times in 139 Posts
Default

anyone remember when fila got sued by vibram because of the skeletoes?
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 05-14-2013, 03:36 PM
prerube's Avatar
prerube prerube is offline
Maryland State PDGA Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Clinton, MD
Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 256
Posts: 11,416
Niced 59 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Now there are adidas versions as well
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 05-14-2013, 03:54 PM
NOStheBOSS's Avatar
NOStheBOSS NOStheBOSS is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bowling Green, KY
Years Playing: 11.7
Courses Played: 75
Posts: 1,720
Niced 33 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prerube View Post
They are not easy to put on, even with experience. It is not rocket science, but they are not slippers.
my second toe is longer than the big toe, so they are uncomfortable that way.

THEY STINK!!!!, holy crap do they smell.

Flowers get stuck in between the toes.

If you step in dog poo, you can feel the warmth, it is gross.

HOWEVER, they last 5 times longer than the Fila imitations.
Maybe if you avoid the dog's work they wouldn't smell so bad?

You can always throw them in the washer with your laundry
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 05-14-2013, 04:00 PM
SSquirrel SSquirrel is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 996
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prerube View Post
They are not easy to put on, even with experience. It is not rocket science, but they are not slippers.
my second toe is longer than the big toe, so they are uncomfortable that way.

THEY STINK!!!!, holy crap do they smell.

Flowers get stuck in between the toes.

If you step in dog poo, you can feel the warmth, it is gross.

HOWEVER, they last 5 times longer than the Fila imitations.

I wear Injini lightweight no show socks w/mine b/c there is a sharp seam in the left big toe of my Bikilas. My shoes have yet to start smelling after wearing them a good bit for the last 2 months. I've washed them a couple of times and a couple of weeks ago I got them soaked completely thru playing a round of disc golf in the rain and I just set them up against the wall w/a fan pointed into them and left them drying all night. I had been warned of possible foot stink before I got them, so I had been thinking about the socks up front
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 05-14-2013, 04:46 PM
Gonnagal Gonnagal is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 86
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 688
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I have a pair as well and they can produce some magnificent odor! However you can throw them in the washer and they come out brand new looking and odor free. I however need to wash mine twice in a row to fully un funk them. They are easily the most comfortable shoe I've worn.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 05-14-2013, 04:47 PM
cali's Avatar
cali cali is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Years Playing: 17.8
Courses Played: 67
Posts: 2,293
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

My buddy just got a pair, blew the sole off 3 of the toes his first time on the course with them.

As disc golf shoes - Garbage!

They are made for surfing though, I can see why they don't make good DG shoes.
Reply With Quote
 

  #60  
Old 05-14-2013, 05:52 PM
ottawa_adam's Avatar
ottawa_adam ottawa_adam is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON
Years Playing: 9.8
Courses Played: 10
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 155
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonnagal View Post
I have a pair as well and they can produce some magnificent odor! However you can throw them in the washer and they come out brand new looking and odor free. I however need to wash mine twice in a row to fully un funk them. They are easily the most comfortable shoe I've worn.
The best way to eliminate the odour is to use white vinegar in the wash. I just soak them in a vinegar/water and laundry detergent solution in a pail for 20 minutes, rinse them out well, then dry them outside.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vibram Five Fingers jcrab66 Discs 25 12-06-2012 12:38 PM
Vibram Five Fingers Jivecody Discs 2 08-25-2011 01:04 AM
Vibram Five Fingers KSO mk.ultra Discs 137 08-24-2011 11:06 AM
Anyone using Vibram Five Fingers? kstjohn Discs 27 05-17-2010 08:25 PM
Thinking about trying out these new Vibram Five Fingers! Dave Walters Discs 54 11-28-2009 05:47 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.