Old 02-06-2019, 06:31 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 341 Times in 199 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocBottom View Post
The Emac is a pretty superior disc! Maybe you should take your verdicts to PIAS and buy more Emacs. jk. I haven't tried the Lucid sparkle but my lucid Emacs are the bomb!
The verdict is superior

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2019, 03:24 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 50
Niced 346 Times in 143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wims View Post
The verdict is superior

I bag both for different shots and they’re both excellent midranges. The EMAC is dead straight for 90% of the flight, then has a very predictable fade. My Verdict is much more overstable.
Old 02-06-2019, 05:17 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 309 Times in 176 Posts

I bought a Bio Verdict and a Bio EMac at the same time. Both 178-179. The EMac seemed like it had almost as much fade as the Verdict when they were new- or at least enough fade that the difference didn't matter. The difference for me was that the EMac picked up turn but kept its fade, while the Verdict has never picked up any turn, and the fade has always been pretty mild for what it is.

I wasn't sad when I lost the EMac on a water shot, while I still really like the Verdict. The Verdict would probably be on my personal top-5 favorite discs ever list.

Niced: (1)
Old 02-17-2019, 10:34 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13
Courses Played: 51
Niced 296 Times in 185 Posts

Seems this thread took on a verdict flavor.

I really enjoy the truth, and am pretty invested in it. Im wondering if anyone is pairing the truth with only one OS disc (ie a putter mood, the truth, and OS mid/putter).

I bag a verdict and zone, but wouldn’t mind trying to consolidate those into one mold. Thoughts??
Old 02-17-2019, 10:49 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 43 Times in 39 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wims View Post
The verdict is superior

I guess you're entitled to your incorrect opinion....

I bag both, as the feel of the two in the hand for me is very similar. However the verdict is significantly more overstable than the 2 beat lucid emac truths I rely on for most of my midrange work. Definitely a spot for both in the bag, but the EMac is much more versatile
Old 02-17-2019, 11:42 AM
Par Member

Niced 134 Times in 87 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdaire27 View Post
Seems this thread took on a verdict flavor.

I really enjoy the truth, and am pretty invested in it. Im wondering if anyone is pairing the truth with only one OS disc (ie a putter mood, the truth, and OS mid/putter).

I bag a verdict and zone, but wouldn’t mind trying to consolidate those into one mold. Thoughts??
I have an eMac cycle with a mortar for the os spot. Can certainly do everything a zone can
Old 02-17-2019, 12:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 747 Times in 583 Posts

The EMac Truth definitely has its place. I bagged one briefly, but decided it was too inconsistent.

The EMac is a long midrange. I thought it seemed slightly sleeker and faster than most other mids. I was easily outdistancing a Buzz or Pain with it.

The problem with the EMac Truth is that it can't decide what it wants to do. If you really mash on it the disc flips. If you throw it softly the disc stalls out and fades. It just didn't end up being what I was looking for in a mid. I have since replaced mine with a champion Roc3. The Roc3 is slower, slightly shorter, and much straighter (less flippy).

The Emac Truth is useful for those rare drives that are just too long for most mids, but short of what you'd need a fairway driver for. You could almost do the same thing with a Zombee.
Old 02-17-2019, 12:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,602 Times in 1,650 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdaire27 View Post
I bag both, love both, couldn't simplify to just one. I bagged the Verdict for a few years before adding the Zone, for all the BH reasons but also for FH shots and FH approaches. Over time my FH got a lot better and longer, so the Verdict would just hold too much speed and float and skip on those approaches under 150' for me. Adding the Zone, it could really take over those shorter approaches, I can even push them to 270'ish when there's no ceiling. Whereas the Verdict is for laser FH's 200+ that can push forward on the ground. Quite different for me when I'm trying to pinpoint landings or FH laser a tunnel.

Also in wind both BH and FH the Zone is way more HSS, like a speed 3 Firebird, whereas the Verdict will be straight like a Teebird.

Niced: (1)
Old 02-17-2019, 12:38 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 19
Niced 54 Times in 38 Posts

I pair the EMac with a Justice. My Emacs have been very consistent where I feel like adding a verdict wouldn’t do much for my bag unless the wind was really up. I also use zones and harps interchangeably. As far as the US spot I’ve been rocking Comets for a while but from time to time i’ll throw in a regular Lucid Truth.

Old 02-17-2019, 02:41 PM
I'm With Her

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,294 Times in 1,688 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
The EMac Truth definitely has its place. I bagged one briefly, but decided it was too inconsistent.

The EMac is a long midrange. I thought it seemed slightly sleeker and faster than most other mids. I was easily outdistancing a Buzz or Pain with it.

The problem with the EMac Truth is that it can't decide what it wants to do. If you really mash on it the disc flips. If you throw it softly the disc stalls out and fades. It just didn't end up being what I was looking for in a mid. I have since replaced mine with a champion Roc3. The Roc3 is slower, slightly shorter, and much straighter (less flippy).

The Emac Truth is useful for those rare drives that are just too long for most mids, but short of what you'd need a fairway driver for. You could almost do the same thing with a Zombee.
This sounds suspiciously (in a good way) like a Cheetah to me.

Side note: Something to 'consolidate' a Verdict and Zone? For me, that's the Hornet, but the Hornet is OOP now...