Old 05-06-2019, 01:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 4,502 Times in 1,885 Posts

X is pretty durable...it took about a year or so of use before mine became "flippy," and Comet flippy is awesome. They do that slow turn thing beat Rocs do.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 05-08-2019, 01:24 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,602 Times in 1,650 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
Yes but... if durability is an issue look for a flatter top ESP.. I play on rockpiles that eat the new "X" plastic, also probably less than -174g as a starting point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
X is pretty durable...it took about a year or so of use before mine became "flippy," and Comet flippy is awesome. They do that slow turn thing beat Rocs do.
While I agree with Streets...took me well over a year to season an X to turnover and I think X Comets are fantastic, I have played ThrawaEnvy's home course and 100% understand his concerns. That place is NASTY rocky and will chew up anything. I didn't even throw a lot of my normal discs when I was there because I didn't want to destroy them.

Niced: (2)
Old 05-08-2019, 01:43 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.4
Courses Played: 5
Niced 858 Times in 596 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
While I agree with Streets...took me well over a year to season an X to turnover and I think X Comets are fantastic, I have played ThrawaEnvy's home course and 100% understand his concerns. That place is NASTY rocky and will chew up anything. I didn't even throw a lot of my normal discs when I was there because I didn't want to destroy them.
Waaaa Waaaa! I didn't know you had been out this way.. Do I know you? Did you make it to my place for the doubles?

Yeah x plastic, DX and electron has a limited lifespan.. 2 months on 3 soft E Envys and they are Proxyish.. My 4 year old first proton isn't as straight yet as a fresh electron... my "9" used for a few throws is a 8- haha.

Flat ESP for me..
Old 05-08-2019, 01:57 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,602 Times in 1,650 Posts

Quote:
Waaaa Waaaa! I didn't know you had been out this way.. Do I know you? Did you make it to my place for the doubles?
No it's been like 4-5 years since I was there, we did a group camping trip on the island. Best course ever for people new to the game too...the bad luck and crazy kicks you can get is so comical with friends. What was a general camping trip that I brought extra discs to, turned into a disc golf weekend for everyone.

But that course definitely eats plastic for breakfast haha
Old 05-08-2019, 02:09 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
No it's been like 4-5 years since I was there, we did a group camping trip on the island. Best course ever for people new to the game too...the bad luck and crazy kicks you can get is so comical with friends. What was a general camping trip that I brought extra discs to, turned into a disc golf weekend for everyone.

But that course definitely eats plastic for breakfast haha
Well if you make it out this way again look me up! Might be able to check out a private course.

It's pretty much unusable semi mountainous park. Lots of rock.. Almost no grass and lots of terrain changes but it's pretty short distance wise. Great for shorter distance and mid development. And of course "discing down"

Niced: (1)
Old 05-08-2019, 12:16 PM

Years Playing: 33
Courses Played: 14
Niced 28 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keller View Post
Try the X-Comet first! I think the X is best for anyone's first Comet.
My buddy gave me a very aged one to field test plus I ordered one in ESP. I would love to bag these Comets in 2 different plastics and was thinking about pairing them up with ESP and Elite Z. Durable will be a concern of mine because there are tons of wooded courses where I play, creek beds too.

Old 05-08-2019, 12:20 PM

Years Playing: 33
Courses Played: 14
Niced 28 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:

Yeah x plastic, DX and electron has a limited lifespan.. 2 months on 3 soft E Envys and they are Proxyish.. My 4 year old first proton isn't as straight yet as a fresh electron... my "9" used for a few throws is a 8- haha.

Flat ESP for me..
I have never thrown anything in Elite X plastic before, in the past it's always been either ESP or Elite Z.

I'm getting pretty excited to get out and try everything out.
Old 05-08-2019, 01:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragmanXL View Post
I have never thrown anything in Elite X plastic before, in the past it's always been either ESP or Elite Z.

I'm getting pretty excited to get out and try everything out.
Well if you're buying a Z anyhow consider a glow Z.. I like them because generally it's a medium flat dome.. And it glows. Dome is an interesting part of Comet preference.. Check out the "Comet love" thread.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...ad.php?t=10566

Old 05-12-2019, 08:03 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 25
Niced 889 Times in 738 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
Sharks when beat in can do the same thing, the slightly OS version of a Comet. I would suggest a DX cycle if one wants that the quickest or get a Star one or two then use them until they are beat in just right.

Old 05-12-2019, 08:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Nothing is a Comet except a Comet haha.