Old 06-07-2019, 12:25 PM
Crushing on Zoe and Hating on Keegan

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 168
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,474 Times in 1,149 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
I use the following all or some of the time and would be bummed to see these go;

Lat64; Stiletto
XXX

DD; Justice(safe I think)
Sheriff
Enforcer(also safe)

Westside;
Bard
Harp(safe)
Swan
Stag
Warhorse
Giant
Ahti

Basically all of the Westside ones have me on edge. Maybe Risley throwing Bards helps, but the Warhorse and Stag I use a ton and would hate to see them go.
JohnE throws a lot of Giants so I'm guessing it's safe. I'd think most of your WS list is safe b/c they're relatively newer molds. Stag and Swan seem like the most likely to get cut.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2019, 12:40 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 30
Niced 262 Times in 137 Posts

Scrolled through the 34 DD molds listed on Infinite (there’s actually 35 including the new Vandal)

DDs: Captain, Criminal, Defender, Enforcer, Freedom, Raider, Renegade, Sheriff, Trespass.
If they’re getting rid of 12 total, and evenly distribute the cuts amongst speed classes, either 3 or 4 of these are gone. So...Defender or Enforcer, Freedom or Renegade, AND Sheriff or Captain seems like what they’d eliminate, as each of those sets of two overlap somewhat. I doubt they lose the Defender because of PP, so it’s probably the Enforcer there. I hope they lose both the Freedom and Renegade, and keep both the Captain and Sheriff, but it seems to make more sense to get rid of one of each group.

Control drivers: Breakout, Convict, Escape, Felon, Getaway, Maverick, Thief, Vandal, Witness.
I think my beloved Convict (it probably says something about my “ability” that I really like this mold) and two of the three relatively-similar stable/US molds (Breakout, Maverick, Thief) are the likely casualties here. I hope the Witness is safe as I use that for some turnovers and rollers

Mids: EMac Truth, Evidence, Fugitive, Justice, Patrol, Proof, Suspect, Truth, Verdict, Warrant. 10 total, 3 or 4 need to go. I would think Fugitive and Proof would be both gone, along with Verdict or Suspect, AND Warrant or Evidence.

That leaves two putters to eliminate. I’ve never thrown any of their putters, so I got nothin’ there.

That’s the best guess from a middling old guy who has tried, thrown, and/or bagged a lot of DD stuff in the 18 months or so since I switched from FH to BH (love how Fuzion plastic feels for me BH) but doesn’t know much about the relative popularity of the various molds - take it for what it’s worth.

If I’m right, I need to stock up on Convicts, and whichever between Sheriff and Captain goes away. I also bag a Trespass, Felon, EMac Truth, and Justice but I think those four are safe
Old 06-07-2019, 12:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 48
Niced 879 Times in 592 Posts

I would be surprised if Verdict is gone.
Old 06-07-2019, 02:19 PM
Par Member

Niced 42 Times in 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by etdefender19 View Post
I doubt they lose the Defender because of PP, so it’s probably the Enforcer there.
Based on how many pros bag the Enforcer, I very much doubt they're getting rid of that mold. I don't see them getting rid of the Defender or Enforcer.

Quote:
Breakout, Convict, Escape, Felon, Getaway, Maverick, Thief, Vandal, Witness.
I imagine the Breakout and Thief and/or Witness will be on the list. Given the Getaway, Maverick, and Vandal are all relatively new I can't imagine any of those being on the OOP list. I don't know how their sales are but in my experience I felt like the Escape and Convict were far too similar to be both be in production so maybe one of those goes.

Quote:
I would think Fugitive and Proof would be both gone, along with Verdict or Suspect, AND Warrant or Evidence.
I'm with you with the exception of the Verdict. The Verdict is the perfect OS compliment to their beloved Emac Truth and I know PP has been bagging them for a while along with a few other not so popular DD pros. I am also pretty invested in Verdicts so take this with a grain of salt.

Quote:
I’ve never thrown any of their putters, so I got nothin’ there.
I'm with you there. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the cuts come from distance drivers and putters with maybe only a couple coming from the fairway and mid categories. I've always felt their driver and putter selection has been way too crowded and most of what makes the molds different doesn't justify production, IMO.

Right now in the trilogy family I bag the Verdict, Maverick, Explorer, Vandal, Raider and Enforcer. I don't see any of them going away, but if one does I'll be really bummed.
Old 06-07-2019, 02:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,602 Times in 1,650 Posts

There's no way the Defender or Enforcer get cut. All the pro's need the Enforcer, and the Defender definitely picks up glide/turn and has more distance for big armed players. Tons of them bag both molds, and several of each.

The Verdict must stay, seems like most of the pro's bag one to complement the ever popular Truths. The only difference is they tend to bag 2+ Truths and only one Verdict is needed to add to the Truths.

The Enforcer, Defender, and Verdict are all fantastic molds...even though the Verdict is the only one of those I bag. In comparison I think the Convict is an unpredictable "control" disc, which is the worst kind of control driver.

I think when they make some cuts they'll be on the flippy side of things.
Old 06-07-2019, 02:35 PM

Niced 27 Times in 16 Posts

I wonder how many Latitude molds will go.

Last edited by Hal9000; 06-07-2019 at 02:38 PM.
Old 06-07-2019, 02:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 46
Niced 4,515 Times in 1,891 Posts

I'm pretty sure the Fugitive was already OOPed a year or two ago....I actually liked the disc.
Old 06-07-2019, 02:42 PM

Niced 27 Times in 16 Posts

Streets, I was joking about Fugitive. However, I have stocked up on Truths just in case.

Niced: (1)
Old 06-07-2019, 02:46 PM
Par Member

Niced 42 Times in 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
The Enforcer, Defender, and Verdict are all fantastic molds...even though the Verdict is the only one of those I bag. In comparison I think the Convict is an unpredictable "control" disc, which is the worst kind of control driver.

I think when they make some cuts they'll be on the flippy side of things.
When I read the email originally that was my exact thought. There are way too many similar and inconsistent molds in their lineup for them to try to stop production on the great molds they've been producing like the Verdict, Enforcer, and Defender.

Niced: (1)

Old 06-07-2019, 02:51 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 71
Niced 112 Times in 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
JohnE throws a lot of Giants so I'm guessing it's safe. I'd think most of your WS list is safe b/c they're relatively newer molds. Stag and Swan seem like the most likely to get cut.
I actually think JohnE *only* throws old giants. They had a run of matte plastic in this light baby blue or white way back in like 2014 when they first came out and those are the only ones he throws IIRC . His giants are already OOP