#91  
Old 04-20-2017, 03:05 PM
money 21 money 21 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Years Playing: 17.1
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,038
Niced 144 Times in 100 Posts
Default

get the secret weapon as well both solid understable molds.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 04-20-2017, 06:34 PM
TKWolverine TKWolverine is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 357
Niced 107 Times in 68 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by money 21 View Post
get the secret weapon as well both solid understable molds.

Yep. I think those were their two best molds.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 04-23-2017, 09:48 AM
DagG DagG is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 211
Posts: 138
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
Bump, these guys still kicking?
It's pretty much a one man show and he's not thrown in the towel yet. In a conversation earlier this year year he was talking about another run and some ideas for a new disc though I'd not hold my breath. Realistically I think he just got buried under all the new plastic out there. I don't see him going away but going forward is not easy.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 04-23-2017, 03:02 PM
crd 81's Avatar
crd 81 crd 81 is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Courses Played: 46
Posts: 814
Niced 108 Times in 79 Posts
Default

Has he thought about partnering up with someone/a group to help his "footprint"?
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 07-06-2019, 01:33 PM
Streets's Avatar
Streets Streets is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 9,383
Niced 4,515 Times in 1,891 Posts
Default

Bump...

Got a Money, Flying Squirrel and Secret Weapon to test out. Never really thrown these, especially since I thought the company was out of business. Infinite and DGC recently had a big restock, so I guess Pastore is still kicking.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 07-06-2019, 01:46 PM
Halcón's Avatar
Halcón Halcón is offline
Free at Last
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 12,014
Niced 1,198 Times in 609 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
Bump...

Got a Money, Flying Squirrel and Secret Weapon to test out. Never really thrown these, especially since I thought the company was out of business. Infinite and DGC recently had a big restock, so I guess Pastore is still kicking.
I've only thrown the Flying Squirrel (although it's been a few years), but it's a great, glidey, understable mid. That's awesome to hear that Dan is still making some sweet plastic.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 07-06-2019, 02:06 PM
TKWolverine TKWolverine is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 357
Niced 107 Times in 68 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
Bump...

Got a Money, Flying Squirrel and Secret Weapon to test out. Never really thrown these, especially since I thought the company was out of business. Infinite and DGC recently had a big restock, so I guess Pastore is still kicking.
Please give us a review.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 07-29-2019, 11:30 PM
Streets's Avatar
Streets Streets is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 9,383
Niced 4,515 Times in 1,891 Posts
Default

After throwing a few...

The Secret Weapon is pretty much a SW/RR kind of disc. I like the flat profile. It flips up nicely and glides and gets similar distance to the RR/Valks I throw.

The Money is basically a Warlock/beadless Aviar stand in, solid putter.

The Flying Squirrel is the real star. Kind of flies like a beat in premium Comet. Glidey, turns and just goes. Long for a mid too because of the glide. Flying Squirrel has a chance to really stick around, really dig the flight.

Ordered a Mission to try too...ABC is definitely an underrated company.

Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 07-30-2019, 04:45 AM
Hammonwheat's Avatar
Hammonwheat Hammonwheat is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Lakewood Hills Park, MN
Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 21
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 28
Niced 8 Times in 2 Posts
Default

I have a Flying Squirrel in their champion-type plastic and it's been my go-to on shortish right doglegs for years. It's super consistent. It seems to "go right" instead of turn over if that makes sense. (Though you can obviously turn it over--it is an understable disc).

Naturally it also flips to straight and is a good choice for standstills as well. Not a terrible choice to loan out to first time players either.

I love my squirrel, so I bought a backup, and then another when I thought ABC was dead. But my first squirrel flies pretty much the same as day 1. Really nice plastic. Maybe someone can weigh if there's a difference between the squirrels in their two plastics.
Reply With Quote
 

  #100  
Old 07-30-2019, 09:56 AM
Streets's Avatar
Streets Streets is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 9,383
Niced 4,515 Times in 1,891 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammonwheat View Post
I have a Flying Squirrel in their champion-type plastic and it's been my go-to on shortish right doglegs for years. It's super consistent. It seems to "go right" instead of turn over if that makes sense. (Though you can obviously turn it over--it is an understable disc).

Naturally it also flips to straight and is a good choice for standstills as well. Not a terrible choice to loan out to first time players either.

I love my squirrel, so I bought a backup, and then another when I thought ABC was dead. But my first squirrel flies pretty much the same as day 1. Really nice plastic. Maybe someone can weigh if there's a difference between the squirrels in their two plastics.
I get this...I need to throw it more but to me the FS is one of the few US mids that kind of mimics the flight of a "beat in" stable mid...it turns and glides but if thrown well, it won't just turn hard and burn.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ABC Discs TKWolverine Discs 7 01-09-2017 12:24 PM
ABC Discs ShopTom.com Commercial Marketplace 1 05-29-2012 09:57 AM
ABC DISCS RPS2012 The Marketplace 3 03-24-2012 01:05 AM
ABC and 1-2-3 new discs Cgkdisc Discs 6 01-25-2011 10:46 PM
ABC Discs CatFish Discs 22 01-02-2011 11:28 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.