Old 03-26-2014, 07:58 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2 Times in 1 Post
Default Roadrunner vs. F7

I want to know if anyone has found any overlap between these two. I throw a roadrunner ~350 maybe a little more on a golf line. I just lost all my good leopards and am looking for a good replacement. The rims are definitely similar sized, I haven't looked up the specs though. I would like to give pro leopards a try but at the moment if the F7 works out that would be much better because I have one anI play mostly wooded courses and prefer champ/star-type plastic in everything but my putters. I can throw leopards and teebirds 325 on golf lines. I just haven't got another leopard that's flippy at all and plenty of straight teebs. Gimme some other suggestions as well if you would like.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2014, 08:11 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 22
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Patriot. The f7 is all over the place imho. I had one that was stable and another that was stratus like. You'll have to take it to a field. I'd give the Patriot a try as it feels more comfortable (IMHO) in the hand. Leopard for whatever reason never felt comfortable.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.8
Courses Played: 72
Niced 33 Times in 23 Posts

F7 rim much narrower than RR
Old 03-27-2014, 08:16 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 121
Niced 6 Times in 5 Posts

i don't think the f7 is going to go as far and as ripper said F7's appear to be all over the place. the one i tried flew like a river. i carry a patriot and a RR. i use the patriot for shorter turnover shots and the RR for longer turnover shots.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:26 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 26
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

F7 is slower than a RR. As previously mentioned, i believe F7s are all over the place, one I had was fresh Teebird stable. If I recall, F7 will typically (RR dome varies) be more domey in my experience. The F7 has a very unique rim, which may or may not bother you. The rim is very blunt and boxy, almost like a Trident, which I find interesting as a Trident is an entirely different animal...
Old 03-27-2014, 11:45 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

I've had an F-7 for about 5 months and really like it. Too much power and it will roll over but about 60-80% and it will snap straight with little fade - great for narrow wooded courses. Nice off the tee and for tight upshots in the woods. Highly recommended.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:02 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 2 Times in 1 Post

I have thrown the one i have before..... just a few times and never side by side with the leo or RR. I do want it as a shorter turnover disc as there is a hole i keep overshooting with my runner and the meteor doesnt go far enough. My bag has definitely been missing a turnover fairway. Only one of my buddies uses his from the same tourney and it appears to be flippy but he has more power than me for sure. I have had some inconsistent results with this bad boy but.... that was from some icy friggin "teepads." I've been thinkin about trying the underworld for awhile too, how would that compare to the aforementioned molds?
Old 03-27-2014, 05:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 609 Times in 445 Posts

I use both. I actually just played BlueRibbon Pines yesterday and used both of them a lot. VERY different....no overlap....In instances where it's a tunnel and I want to hyzer flip it to go straight then fade....It really depends on the shot, the look, the distance and condition. F7 is speed 7 RR is speed 9....there's the BIG difference right there. For shorter holes, or for a little more control, i throw the F7.. The Roadrunner flips but comes back way harder than an F7 because of a wider rim and pointier edge. F7 is much more blunted.....so.......really In my opinion, it's a different disc and calls for it in different situations.....though sometimes I'll debate one or the other...but really, the choice is clear when I'm looking at my target.

I will never let those discs out of my bag.....very important understable stuff that is still VERY controllable. love em
Old 03-28-2014, 12:07 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 2 Times in 1 Post

Threw the F7 around quite a bit today during my round. Its goin in the bag! Did exactly what i wanted it too. I knew the speed ratings were different by the numbers but the feeling between the two was pretty close, the flight proved different and it worked well. Thanks for the input!

Old 03-28-2014, 06:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 609 Times in 445 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisislorenb View Post
Threw the F7 around quite a bit today during my round. Its goin in the bag! Did exactly what i wanted it too. I knew the speed ratings were different by the numbers but the feeling between the two was pretty close, the flight proved different and it worked well. Thanks for the input!
Cool! Good to hear, yeah, like I said. I use both of them...similar flight styles, but different speeds allows different things to be done at different ranges. Love the F7. Can't play disc without it