Old 02-04-2019, 11:13 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 34
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 247 Times in 138 Posts

Put some soft-x roaches back in the bag for our weekly league match after poor putting with my omega BB's the week before at our local ice bowl. My drives and upshots were way off but my putting was definitely at a higher percentage than I'd usually make. I made a few outside that circle that I typically wouldn't make and I think the only one I missed inside the circle was a 15' wide open putt where I tried to play the headwind and missed low.

I received some Jawbreaker roaches in the mail late Saturday and took them to the course Sunday for some practice. Couldn't get off the tee any better than with the soft-x but I was just as consistent inside the circle and a little more consistent outside the cirle with them than I was the soft-x.

This might be the perfect putter for me if I can figure out how to get close to the basket with them from 200' and in. My approach game has always been strong but I was struggling with the roach. I'd blame it on the lack of bead but I was always pretty good with a magic or polecat.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2019, 11:28 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,258 Times in 1,659 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by riltim View Post
This might be the perfect putter for me if I can figure out how to get close to the basket with them from 200' and in. My approach game has always been strong but I was struggling with the roach. I'd blame it on the lack of bead but I was always pretty good with a magic or polecat.
Carry that Polecat for approaches and putt with the Roach. The Polekitty is awesome. Don't leave home without it.
Old 02-04-2019, 11:58 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
Carry that Polecat for approaches and putt with the Roach. The Polekitty is awesome. Don't leave home without it.
The polecat is/was one of my favorite discs but I could never make it work for shots other than dead straight or a sweeping hyzer. In the woods I often need a shot where I throw with a bit of nose up and have the disc fight out of an anhyzer to fly straight for the last 1/3 of it's flight. I could never make that shot work for me with the polecat.
Old 02-07-2019, 07:20 PM
Eagle Member

Glad I took a gamble on the TI Roach. My Big Z has a super high shoulder and doesn't feel or fly anything like my base plastic roaches. This disc feels like my Soft-X Roaches in the hand. I can't wait to get it out to the course.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Old 02-07-2019, 08:54 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,123 Times in 615 Posts

Quote:
Glad I took a gamble on the TI Roach. My Big Z has a super high shoulder and doesn't feel or fly anything like my base plastic roaches. This disc feels like my Soft-X Roaches in the hand. I can't wait to get it out to the course.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
I'm getting decent with a touch hyzerflip to flat off the tee with my Ti's. Heard ESP might come out soon...
Old 02-07-2019, 09:58 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,258 Times in 1,659 Posts

Quote:
The polecat is/was one of my favorite discs but I could never make it work for shots other than dead straight or a sweeping hyzer. In the woods I often need a shot where I throw with a bit of nose up and have the disc fight out of an anhyzer to fly straight for the last 1/3 of it's flight. I could never make that shot work for me with the polecat.
As I read your words above, thoughts of the Warden came to mind. Judge or Marshal if you prefer beaded putters. If you're amenable to trying DD putters, you might try one of them.
Old 02-07-2019, 10:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 32
Niced 619 Times in 379 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Howl View Post
I'm getting decent with a touch hyzerflip to flat off the tee with my Ti's. Heard ESP might come out soon...
Don't play with my emotions.
Old 02-08-2019, 12:18 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Howl View Post
Glad to hear that you're enjoying the flight. I really like the Soft-X for throwing but I worry about the durability here in the North East as there are no shortage of trees or huge rocks to shred your discs. I'm hoping the TI gives me a comparable flight but more durable.
Old 02-08-2019, 12:21 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
As I read your words above, thoughts of the Warden came to mind. Judge or Marshal if you prefer beaded putters. If you're amenable to trying DD putters, you might try one of them.
Thanks for the suggestion, I try to limit things to Millennium and Discraft though. My two favorite companies and it keeps me from spending thousands of dollars searching for that perfect disc by limiting my options.

Niced: (1)

Old 02-08-2019, 05:24 AM
Par Member

Niced 85 Times in 46 Posts

Quote:
They need to rename this disc. I will never, EVER, buy a disc named "roach". The roach is a disgusting, filthy insect that should be eradicated from the face of this earth. The other use of the term "roach" pertains to illegal drug use.

Bottom line, this may be a great disc, but Discraft made an exceptionally poor choice in the name of it. I really am stunned at how thoughtless Discraft was about this.
I find it funny that someone who left a comment such as this is still commenting on it 3 years later.
All I say is puff 'n chains.

Niced: (1)