Old 03-17-2019, 11:45 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 33 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Duff View Post
Commentary was on point, though. Really enjoyed it.
I liked the live coverage best when the skype connection conked out and you could hear the players talk, their reactions to shots, the sound of the throw rather than someone saying, "they really put a good move on the disc"
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 03-18-2019, 02:08 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Niced 225 Times in 147 Posts

Good points about the video coverage though (I watched last round only): They had a lot of camera men out there. They managed well to splice chase card coverage in.

I did like the commentary. IMO they also did a good job dealing with delays in game play, walking times (ignoring ads here).

Downsides: The video quality was poor (especially drone shots). The biggest disappointment to me was the lacking DG filming experience of the camera men and camera switching crew. It just were too many shots were it was unclear were the disc landed. In regard of the many camera men they had out there somewhere ... it clearly shows how good the CCDG and Jomez guys are when it comes to camera work on the course!

Niced: (1)
Old 03-18-2019, 05:36 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 227
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Camera coverage was there but needs to improve. Why did they go to breaks with the blinding lights and people signing up and then return midflight of the drive? Difficult to watch without getting a headache.
Old 03-18-2019, 05:39 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 751 Times in 408 Posts

I kinda feel like the live quality is not steadily improving, but haphazard at best. Round 1 I felt like there was good use of multicamera, showing several interesting cards, even though the cuts to them were not always ideal. Rounds 2 and 3 not so much. And there were too many missed shots. Dont even get me started about the bleeping "ads". I only watched the last round because of the battle for first. If it was somebody I dont care much about running away with the tournament, I would have tuned out long time ago.

As for the play, stellar. 2019 is shaping up to be amazing. So many lights out plays, with the usual suspects back at the very top. I used to root for Paul over Ricky, but with the sponsor changes, its much more 50:50 for me. Just hope for both to keep in interesting and on fire until the very end.

Old 03-18-2019, 07:56 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 67
Niced 670 Times in 324 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flick Maniac View Post
I kinda feel like the live quality is not steadily improving, but haphazard at best. Round 1 I felt like there was good use of multi-camera, showing several interesting cards, even though the cuts to them were not always ideal. Rounds 2 and 3 not so much. And there were too many missed shots. Don't even get me started about the bleeping "ads". I only watched the last round because of the battle for first. If it was somebody I don't care much about running away with the tournament, I would have tuned out long time ago.

As for the play, stellar. 2019 is shaping up to be amazing. So many lights out plays, with the usual suspects back at the very top. I used to root for Paul over Ricky, but with the sponsor changes, its much more 50:50 for me. Just hope for both to keep in interesting and on fire until the very end.
Same here, I would not have watched had someone been running away with it.

You need to buy a Comet so you can get your Paul:Ricky ratio up to at least 75:25.
Old 03-18-2019, 11:42 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.9
Courses Played: 107
Niced 445 Times in 198 Posts

I was able to avoid the final results pretty well so that I could watch the recorded version of the live coverage last night, fast forwarding through the slow parts, without knowing the results.

My only spoiler wasn’t a 100% giveaway, but it definitely had me thinking. On Johnny Disc Golf’s post round interviews, the “thumbnails” showed Paul smiling and Ricky looking less than happy. Had both thumbnails showed straight faces, I would have been more surpised by the results.
Old 03-18-2019, 02:27 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Niced 225 Times in 147 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimb View Post
On Johnny Disc Golf’s post round interviews, the “thumbnails” showed Paul smiling and Ricky looking less than happy. Had both thumbnails showed straight faces, I would have been more surpised by the results.
I saw the page when only Cat and Ricky's interviews were uploaded. Already knowing the results, that was nice, I thought.
Old 03-18-2019, 03:06 PM
Par Member

Niced 113 Times in 61 Posts

Is it possible that they can't get the post production videos up because no one wants to commentate? If I was a player I wouldn't want to be affiliated with YouTube videos that receive more dislikes than likes.

Old 03-18-2019, 03:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,600 Times in 916 Posts

lol that drive from Simon on hole 17 R3 was insane, i bet no one have landed there..EVER. . the "staff" guy looked confused
But i don´t really get the second shot, how and why do he play it from where he does? ( with no penalty )

And the P2 drive on 18 was totaly insane. . . P2?!?

Niced: (3)

Last edited by Jolt; 03-18-2019 at 03:25 PM.

Old 03-18-2019, 04:02 PM
Par Delusionary

Years Playing: 45.7
Courses Played: 367
Niced 1,760 Times in 863 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
lol that drive from Simon on hole 17 R3 was insane, i bet no one have landed there..EVER. . the "staff" guy looked confused
But i don´t really get the second shot, how and why do he play it from where he does? ( with no penalty )
He played it from where it was last in-bounds (flying over the land surrounding the basket), and he took a penalty. That's how it is supposed to happen.