Old 03-05-2013, 01:46 AM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 134
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 511 Times in 386 Posts

yeah if you are not used to anything crazy OS like zones or rhynos etc then they are great and med. xlink is soooo durable its ridiculous.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2013, 02:24 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 112
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
we will see how the OS lace turns out.. for sure no XXX but probably faster FB/Pred...
I am still unclear if Vibram is talking OS Lace in terms of it being the difference between an Ibex and an Obex or the difference between a Ridge and a VP. I am guessing it is more like the Ibex and Obex difference. That means this new OS Lace is still not going to be the most overstable max D driver they will make.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:57 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 13
Niced 6 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikly View Post
Makes sense to me - much appreciated! Very HSS sounds just like what I want. Might even be able to take the place of my OS P&A duties, too.
That's my favorite thing about the VP and Ridge off the tee, their HSS. With decent form you can really crank on them and they're gonna ride straight until their predictable fades kick in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalbotTrojan View Post
I am still unclear if Vibram is talking OS Lace in terms of it being the difference between an Ibex and an Obex or the difference between a Ridge and a VP. I am guessing it is more like the Ibex and Obex difference. That means this new OS Lace is still not going to be the most overstable max D driver they will make.
That's how I understood it too. This will be the OS distance driver, with a massively overstable and an understable distance driver to come outs onetime in the future.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:51 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 29
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I threw them both against a yeti pro aviar. Yeti flipped flat turned a little. Ridge will flip flat just a little then fade. For me thrown flat its dead straight light fade. A little too much hyzer it will hold a long gentle sweep. And it holds anny neat disc. The vp can be thrown as hard as you want no turn if you throw it anhyzer it will come out of it. Always fades. I think I like the ridge but need some course time I've just been throwing them in the yard all flying 230-240 ft for me. I'm sure a bigger arm could see different.

We played birdie bash yesterday without vibrams ( didn't have em yet) played with a leopard and a yeti and scored 10 pts. It was windy and I wasn't throwing well but it plays fast and it's a fun format.
Charlie

Last edited by 6.5swede; 03-05-2013 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Adding birdie bash attempt
Old 03-05-2013, 12:25 PM
FROLF OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalbotTrojan View Post
I imagine their pros need something pretty stable-- hell I do and some slight adjustments to the PLH could do a lot for the lace in terms of stablity as well as the shape of the wing.. We will see and I do agree there will be a more stable disc in their future but as far as max d/go-to driver I hope this is it. The lace was close just not quite enough HSS. If you look at MVP's first run shocks vs their new runs they basically fly like night and day but there is just a few millimeter difference in PLH with a HUGE difference in stability.

Here's to hoping!! lol-- a med xlink OS driver will be nice and stable for a longgggggggg time too MMMmm..
Old 03-05-2013, 12:29 PM
FROLF OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodysseus View Post
That's my favorite thing about the VP and Ridge off the tee, their HSS. With decent form you can really crank on them and they're gonna ride straight until their predictable fades kick in.
Very true!! This threw me off at first when I got them, as I was used to being able to hyzer flip and turn over my (beat) grip pures, spikes at full power throws or get lazer straight shots where both the ridge and vip only turn over with OAT added and still have a little fade when finishing flat it was insane how hard I could juice them. I just hated they don't go very far without a ton of height'
Old 03-05-2013, 12:32 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 54
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 6 Times in 3 Posts

Yeah I agree. I still haven't really incorporated the Ridge into my game off the tee cause I'm just not used to a line that's that straight.

I think I'm going to start, though. There are a couple holes I know of that need it.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:24 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Steve, the Ascent sucks. Now that I have your attention, lets talk about it... It's not that its overall a bad disc, but in its category why the hell would anyone pick it against molds like the Teebird, PD, Rival, Stag, whatever...? It gets out performed by pretty much all the competition.

Is there any chance of revisiting it and making it more like the Lace of fairway drivers? The Trak is cool, I love that thing to death but its a little too on the understable side for regular precision placement fairway shots. What specifically bugs me about it is that it doesn't glide well at all, for the same effort those "other" discs in its category out distance it by a significant margin, and it has a kind of annoyingly large angle on the rim surface where your finger pads would hold it (i.e. the latitude/innova + rim).

Maybe I'm crazy but I'd wager there are a good number of other people out there that think the Ascent is one of the less than stellar molds in the Vibram line up. Personally, I see no reason to carry it...
Old 03-05-2013, 01:47 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 39
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeronimo View Post
Steve, the Ascent sucks. Now that I have your attention, lets talk about it... It's not that its overall a bad disc, but in its category why the hell would anyone pick it against molds like the Teebird, PD, Rival, Stag, whatever...? It gets out performed by pretty much all the competition.

Is there any chance of revisiting it and making it more like the Lace of fairway drivers? The Trak is cool, I love that thing to death but its a little too on the understable side for regular precision placement fairway shots. What specifically bugs me about it is that it doesn't glide well at all, for the same effort those "other" discs in its category out distance it by a significant margin, and it has a kind of annoyingly large angle on the rim surface where your finger pads would hold it (i.e. the latitude/innova + rim).

Maybe I'm crazy but I'd wager there are a good number of other people out there that think the Ascent is one of the less than stellar molds in the Vibram line up. Personally, I see no reason to carry it...
You suck. Now that I have your attention, maybe people choose the Ascent over those other discs because they like the grip, and they like how it won't change flight characteristics after hitting trees like some of those other discs.

Old 03-05-2013, 01:52 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 86
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 62 Times in 29 Posts

that's the thing though, i've had a few people tell me the ascent starts out nice and stable and then gets flippy quick. i have a medium 170 in my bag right now that i like a lot, but it hasn't seen much abuse though. for me it's a little longer than a teebird but not quite as long as a pd.
Closed Thread