Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 68
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 268 Times in 144 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by apdrvya View Post
let me find my source
so, is river park worth adding to the registry or is it just set up for events?
No, I wouldn't bother adding it just yet.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2016, 11:04 AM
Double Eagle Member

Oh. That.

Ok never mind.

I'll get a hold of Larry and see if I can get some details of where's he's at with those.
Old 07-02-2016, 07:45 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 0.5
Courses Played: 38
Niced 78 Times in 43 Posts

Has anyone played Porcupine Mountains yet? A group of us are heading up there from Escanaba tomorrow morning. The park is probably packed with tourists this weekend and I'm wondering how many campers have been playing the course and how crowded it might be. We would definitely like to get 2 rounds in at least.
Old 07-02-2016, 11:19 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by apdrvya View Post
hughes park in Hudsonville?
So on a whim I went to Flip today and on my way back I hit up Winstrom. Looks like someone has be doing work on repairing and replacing the pads and the signs. It's not a lot better but it's getting there. Along with that, the foliage is really starting to grow back in and it is more difficult than what I recall. It's still easy...I mean I got a 52 without trying real hard and I'm a mid level Am3.

Review on Flip coming soon...
Old 07-04-2016, 02:29 AM
Double Eagle Member

So here's a thing:

This is located at LMC in Benton Harbor and from the video I can tell it's going to be a craptastic waste of tax payer money. What really frustrates me is they refuse to use the acres of woods to the north of campus but more importantly they did not return my phone calls when I offered to help with design. Now they've got a cool little safety hazard. Can't wait to do a review on that one.
Old 07-04-2016, 12:51 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperman View Post
Has anyone played Porcupine Mountains yet? A group of us are heading up there from Escanaba tomorrow morning. The park is probably packed with tourists this weekend and I'm wondering how many campers have been playing the course and how crowded it might be. We would definitely like to get 2 rounds in at least.
Played it yesterday, beautiful course. I don't think I wouldn't drive three hours to play it again, but I'm glad I went. It was like a ghost town up there, we had the whole place to ourselves. Gorgeous views of Lake Superior from the ski hill. I just posted a review.
Old 07-04-2016, 10:26 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 28.5
Courses Played: 130
Niced 24 Times in 13 Posts

Well, I checked out Marshall's Ketchum Park. I only found 6 holes and they were all 100-footers. It's evident that it was cleared recently, but I didn't see room for the flagged tee locations to be back much further (they were all against the parking lot or skate park).

I looked around the park in the two logical directions there were for more holes and encountered nothing else. I'm thinking the listing was put up prematurely for this website.

I've met Kirk (Luna Disc guy) a few times over the years and he's super cool plus knows the sport, so I'm going to stay away from reviewing out of respect for what plans he might have for this place, but as for now don't waste your time going to this place.
Old 07-05-2016, 02:10 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Niced 76 Times in 44 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperman View Post
Played it yesterday, beautiful course. I don't think I wouldn't drive three hours to play it again, but I'm glad I went. It was like a ghost town up there, we had the whole place to ourselves. Gorgeous views of Lake Superior from the ski hill. I just posted a review.
I've really been meaning to get up there, I've known this course was in the works for awhile, since Gogebic Community College (where I run Mt. Zion DGC) owns (or manages) the ski hill.

Happy to hear its not a dive course. Maybe this weekend I'll see if I can swing up there.
Old 07-05-2016, 08:56 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyhilss View Post
I've really been meaning to get up there, I've known this course was in the works for awhile, since Gogebic Community College (where I run Mt. Zion DGC) owns (or manages) the ski hill.

Happy to hear its not a dive course. Maybe this weekend I'll see if I can swing up there.
Yeah, you're close enough that it would be totally worth it for you to go. If nothing else, it's a beautiful drive up there, and there are some gorgeous views of Lake Superior.

Old 07-06-2016, 09:01 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 100
Niced 114 Times in 70 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post
Well, I checked out Marshall's Ketchum Park. I only found 6 holes and they were all 100-footers. It's evident that it was cleared recently, but I didn't see room for the flagged tee locations to be back much further (they were all against the parking lot or skate park).

I looked around the park in the two logical directions there were for more holes and encountered nothing else. I'm thinking the listing was put up prematurely for this website.
Same here, was going to update conditions but I see you already have it covered.

Very short course with 6 holes in the woods that were recently cleared. Beware of walking around the baskets as the ground was extremely uneven. We attempted to find other hole locations even venturing across the bridge but found nothing. Must be very early in the process of installing this very beginner friendly course. The current 6 holes are easily a one disc putter round only kind of course. Hole #3 was awkward having to walk back to the teepad to get to hole #4.