Old 03-09-2012, 10:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.5
Courses Played: 249
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 511 Times in 312 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by esdubya View Post
More info on course work day this Saturday the 10th, at Brighton Rec.
"work day at the new 30 hole brighton recreation course is saturday at 9am till ????
north side of chilson road like 3.8 miles off of m36. call me if you need directions i work 2-10 friday so i may not be able to answer but will call back as soon as i can.
734 649 8220. please help us make this course great we need you to make it happen. I leave for work at 1 pm
we will be ground clearing the front 9 mostly as they are marked off and ready to go the park has begun brush hogging and cannot bring out the bulldozer yet.
bring hand tools and tree loppers, we have been approved to use battery operated sawzalls as well.
wear heavy pants and heavy gloves as it is very picker filled."
I'm so there!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2012, 08:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.5
Courses Played: 249
Niced 511 Times in 312 Posts
Default Brighton State Rec - really is happening

Plan is for 9 holes to be playable in June, with 15 more to follow. Started clearing ground on the 1st nine, with tentative layout for some of the back 15 and some of that area cleared out as well. Will be quite wooded. Looks like this could be a pretty challenging course.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:50 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.5
Courses Played: 92
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Carly's Playground

Just read this article through a FB link, figured I'd update you Michiganders on the progress...
http://www.theticker.tc/story/new-di...LJQK4.facebook
Old 03-11-2012, 12:40 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 21.5
Courses Played: 56
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

if only the work due to be at brighton rec was a few days ago when it was 60F instead of 30F and windy... hehe.

and if only i read this thread i might have helped. doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnyv View Post
Parks & Rec found a volunteer to brush hog a 6’ swatch where the course is to go, but there are still 1-4” small tree daggers sticking out of the ground that pose a trip hazard.
i know this is an old message, but the small tree daggers affect many courses. my friend came up with an idea for them. hammer a wedge/splitter or just swing a big axe into the middle of it. shoud cleave in two and hopefully just crack off after that.

btw bonus points if you leave some tree obstacles in the way. they make awesome and interesting mandos. at least until some clowns decide to take em down. cass/hines hole 6 used to have a killer tree right in front of the tee. really made you think about your drive.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:37 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.5
Courses Played: 1
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

The new course at the old country club is officially dead. Had some pads poured and was looking good too. The unofficial word is big money made the city an offer on the property.

Not new courses but,
Winstrom preserve (also in Holland) isnt looking good. I guess some disease was found in the pines that make up 90% of the course so there's a massive clear cut going on, not sure what this means for the course but when combined with coomplaining neighbours it doesn't look good.

Brewer park, grand rapids area, is undergoing a complete renovation. I talked to one of the guys heading it up and it sounds like they're turning it back into a more challenging course like it used to be. Several 500'+ holes and not so much wide open crap. No scheduled date for completion is set as its being done on a volunteer basis on Sundays but so far progress is moving along pretty good.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:09 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 21.5
Courses Played: 56
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

portage, mi is talking about a course in ramona park:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Disc-G...13786642038405
http://www.portagemi.gov/FilesCustom...L%20Budget.pdf
Old 03-16-2012, 12:39 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 25.5
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Earle Brewer is having a primitive change, moving the concrete pads and pins. Not new pads, cut in half and moved. Some of it is cool, some is sort of goofy. I think it will be good when it's done.
Old 03-23-2012, 03:55 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 22.5
Courses Played: 103
Niced 72 Times in 44 Posts

Another work day at Brighton Rec, THIS SUNDAY!

Quote:
We will be working on sunday starting at 10AM till ????

We need volunteers desperately, please help.

we need people to bring the same tree cutting devices like hand clippers, tree loppers, etc. we have been approved to use battery operated sawzalls. NO CHAINSAWS SORRY.

we are also ready now for shovels and rakes (both the leaf and grass type rakes)

if you can give us an hour that is better then nothing. please come on out and help if you can.

734 649 8220
cyferban@aol.com

you can call me or txt me if you like. if i dont answer the phone i will call you back. i work tonight at CJ's 2-10. sat 6-2.

the course is located as follows.
from US-23 northbound from ann arbor take exit 54B M36 towards pickney approx 5 - 5.2 miles west bound, to chilson road take a right the only way you can turn, 2.8 miles to where chilson takes a right hand turn then 1.0 miles to the park office, the course is located back behind the office a little bit at the end of the parking lot.
Pay attention as you drive both M-36 and chilson as both roads are curvy and make right or left turns in the road.
M36 has a right turn at a blinking light which might be confusing.
chilson has a left turn and the potentially confusing right turn where swartout and chilson join 1 miles from the course.

we will have some pop and water at the course a small amout of food may be donated as well.

hope to see lots of you there please.
thanks
bill
Old 03-23-2012, 05:27 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 828
Niced 7 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The dude on the bike View Post
Earle Brewer is having a primitive change, moving the concrete pads and pins. Not new pads, cut in half and moved. Some of it is cool, some is sort of goofy. I think it will be good when it's done.
Sounds like most of it is done, do you know enough to make new course listings? Since it's 2 18s now, it probably warrants making the old ones extinct.

Old 03-24-2012, 06:58 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 63
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Played Burchfield Park in Holt this past Thursday and was told that they are adding another 18 holes. Land has been cleared, but are awaiting funds for the additional baskets.