Old 03-25-2015, 12:07 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 4,202 Times in 2,230 Posts

Maybe I got a couple mutants because mine hardly show any wear after at least 15 rounds. I have been using them for up shots and putts, and I've hit plenty of trees with them. Though I will admit I rarely hit a basket with anything more than a 20ft.....
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2015, 12:10 AM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 134
Niced 1,098 Times in 739 Posts

way serious. anyone around here knows I bagged 2 purple atoms for tons of round since the time they were released (before you threw them) and just recently put a pair of ions back in the bag after handing my atoms off to a friend. The baseline plastic is not durable but I didn't use them as drivers either when I had discs like an ion in the bag which is nearly indestructible and been driving it for years now.

Serious, bro. Atom is a great baseline putting putter and if you don't mind cylcying them for driving keep a few freshies around or throw a anode/envy/proxy like my buddy does.. lol
Old 03-25-2015, 12:11 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 353 Times in 222 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
well, discs are made for flying and not tree hitting that's for sure I used the atom as a putter for many rounds all winter and it held up very well. I even was able to pass the pair on to a friend this spring and he has been putting with them great. He drives the plasma and neutron anode though so the atoms are straight
discs hit things during games

I don't think anyone is claiming that they don't hold up fine for putting.
Old 03-25-2015, 12:14 AM
* Ace Member *

I just think its funny people are complaining about this plastic when its exactly what we were wanting. A baseline like plastic that allows a disc to actually beat in, in less than a year. :shrug: I bet if you dig through the MVP main thread you will find a lot of people saying they with they could get an envy to beat into a flippy disc........
Old 03-25-2015, 12:15 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
way serious. anyone around here knows I bagged 2 purple atoms for tons of round since the time they were released (before you threw them) and just recently put a pair of ions back in the bag after handing my atoms off to a friend. The baseline plastic is not durable but I didn't use them as drivers either when I had discs like an ion in the bag which is nearly indestructible and been driving it for years now.

Serious, bro. Atom is a great baseline putting putter and if you don't mind cylcying them for driving keep a few freshies around or throw a anode/envy/proxy like my buddy does.. lol
huh?

who's doubting you about the durability for putting?
Old 03-25-2015, 12:18 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
I just think its funny people are complaining about this plastic when its exactly what we were wanting. A baseline like plastic that allows a disc to actually beat in, in less than a year. :shrug:
It's on the less durable side in terms of baseline plastic. I think it's a valid complaint but that doesn't mean it's not good for other things. There's going to be good and bad points to any type of plastic. Should we just fill 100 pages talking about how the grip gives us giant MVP boners?
Old 03-25-2015, 12:24 AM
* Ace Member *

That's a fair point. I guess the old saying is true..."You cant please all of the people all of the time, but you can please some of the people some of the time."
Old 03-25-2015, 12:26 AM
* Ace Member *

it's a good plastic and I would definitely switch to electron ions for putting without a doubt.
Old 03-25-2015, 12:28 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 42
Niced 67 Times in 25 Posts

I've been driving the same Atoms on Rocky holes since they were released. They've some some fade and HSS, but are still pretty fantastic. I can't imagine them ever leaving especially as putting putters too.

Old 03-25-2015, 12:28 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 43
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 220 Times in 95 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger View Post
soft? How far are you throwing?

Mine didn't start until I smashed some trees. The gouges from hitting rocks didn't seem to change much.
Regular Electron. I'd say I can put the Atom out to 250-275. Not a rocket arm, but I'm not babying them. It's the most-thrown disc in my bag, trees or not. I have no problem with cycling them when the time comes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppydisc View Post
Why would anyone use a base plastic putter for driving anyway? Of course they are going to get beat to crap. Buy something else if you are targeting trees.
I'd love a premium Atom, but this stuff isn't that fragile. Mine comes out 25 times a round, probably (if not more), and I've been using the same thrower since release day. It looks like hell but flies great.

If you want your driving and upshot putter to be sparkling, get something different. If you don't mind a little personality, then Electron is fine.