Old 05-08-2019, 06:01 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 787 Times in 456 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meillo View Post
If you use a glidey putter without fade and you miss from time to time, how you ensure the comebacker is short? I mean, the saying is: ``Putt through the basket, not to the basket.'' Fade, for me is a possibility to reduce comebacker distance. Ideally the putter starts to fade just behind the pole if I missed. Well, you could reduce the comebacker distance as well by push-putting on a line that goes down behind the basket. But as a spin-putter ...? In any case you want to get to the ground quick behind the pole if you airballed.

If you always at least hit metal, that's not that much of a problem, I guess.

(On steep slopes, fade increases the probability of rollaways, which can be the greater risk than longer comebackers.)
I dont putt super hard, and on quite a high arc. . .so if i miss with the NOVA i really don΄t go that far past the basket AND the NOVA lands flat and stops. . .and i usually hit tha cage if i miss.

I find that many putters start to fade if you miss, and with that fade comes that the putter lands on an angle and gets a bad rollaway. . .the NOVA lands flat and stops.

The same thing if you hit the cage or the band. . The Nova usually just makes a small bounce and lands flat on the ground.

So for me the best thing with the NOVA as a putter is that i don΄t really have to worry about long comebackers and that makes me more commited to my putt
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 05-08-2019, 08:12 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 201 Times in 94 Posts

Barsby used them for putting when he switched back to Innova a few years ago. Don;t think it lasted long, but go check out the St. Jude coverage from 2015.
Old 05-08-2019, 10:58 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 269 Times in 161 Posts

I find the Nova to be really uncomfortable in the hand. I do like a very low fading putter tho, that's why I'm bagging the Classic Aviar. Super straight, less fade than even the Aviar PnA, comes in extra firm DX plastic. Inexpensive

Niced: (1)

Old 05-08-2019, 03:47 PM

Niced 6 Times in 5 Posts

For me nova is super comfortable in the hand (maybe my hand is weird). And like other said it's grippy even when it's wet and cold. Firm flight plate is also great.