#81  
Old 03-14-2019, 07:59 PM
DanJon DanJon is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Years Playing: 15.2
Courses Played: 33
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 6,934
Niced 1,017 Times in 485 Posts
Default

Sexcal would be better, but they won't do that.
Sponsored Links

Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 03-15-2019, 08:54 PM
discerdoo's Avatar
discerdoo discerdoo is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,026
Niced 773 Times in 417 Posts
Default

I've thrown a total of 2 Xcals now, both pfn star, one about 7/10 and the other 9+/10. To my surprise, I don't find either of them terribly OS. The beat one is a touch flatter, plh appears identical and they fly basically the same, beat one maybe a hair more OS. Quite a bit of lateral movement throwing into about a 10mph headwind. My numbers - 12/4.5/-1/3. I'm told the newer runs are very OS.

Going on 3 years playing and have made slow progress on form and power, both BH and FH. Been throwing Wraiths for distance to 350 max D but the Xcals are consistently going a little longer with a little less control. Can definitely mash on them FH but they aren't torque-proof.

Gonna bag one with my Wraiths and see how it progresses. I refuse to go down the Destroyer rabbit hole, pfn Xcals look like a cheaper quest.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 03-15-2019, 10:05 PM
Brockness Monster's Avatar
Brockness Monster Brockness Monster is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Near Monterey, CA
Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 680
Niced 207 Times in 133 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by discerdoo View Post
I've thrown a total of 2 Xcals now, both pfn star, one about 7/10 and the other 9+/10. To my surprise, I don't find either of them terribly OS. The beat one is a touch flatter, plh appears identical and they fly basically the same, beat one maybe a hair more OS. Quite a bit of lateral movement throwing into about a 10mph headwind. My numbers - 12/4.5/-1/3. I'm told the newer runs are very OS.

Going on 3 years playing and have made slow progress on form and power, both BH and FH. Been throwing Wraiths for distance to 350 max D but the Xcals are consistently going a little longer with a little less control. Can definitely mash on them FH but they aren't torque-proof.

Gonna bag one with my Wraiths and see how it progresses. I refuse to go down the Destroyer rabbit hole, pfn Xcals look like a cheaper quest.
As a Wraith thrower I find this interesting. Are you throwing Star Xcals or older Echo Stars?
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 03-15-2019, 10:23 PM
discerdoo's Avatar
discerdoo discerdoo is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,026
Niced 773 Times in 417 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockness Monster View Post
As a Wraith thrower I find this interesting. Are you throwing Star Xcals or older Echo Stars?
Patent # Star, the plastic is about medium firm. Earlier in this thread they talk about the older runs being nice throwers. As mentioned, I hear the newer runs are more OS though I've never thrown one. I love E* Wraiths so I'd like to get my hands on an E* Xcal.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 03-15-2019, 10:43 PM
Twmccoy Twmccoy is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Littleton, CO
Posts: 2,018
Niced 632 Times in 497 Posts
Default

XCals are definitely an overstable disc, but I agree they're mellow. I bag a champion. It WILL turn over into strong headwinds, but is solidly overstable in all other conditions.

I can't get as much distance with the XCal as I can Destroyers. Mine generally comes out in windy conditions or longish drives when I want a hard, consistent left finish.

I think what I like best about the XCal is that its pretty overstable, but can still be muscled out for good distance when you need it.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 05-20-2019, 03:40 AM
myllys myllys is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 221
Niced 68 Times in 51 Posts
Default

I got an old green echo xcal that’s new. To my surprise it had a considerable amount of turn before the hefty fade kicked in. Definitely more so than my Scorps. Really diggin it for sidearms.
Reply With Quote
 

  #87  
Old 05-20-2019, 10:50 AM
Twmccoy Twmccoy is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Littleton, CO
Posts: 2,018
Niced 632 Times in 497 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by myllys View Post
I got an old green echo xcal that’s new. To my surprise it had a considerable amount of turn before the hefty fade kicked in. Definitely more so than my Scorps. Really diggin it for sidearms.
E* discs tend to be flippier than regular star or champion. The E* Destroyer I threw recently was almost flippy.

That plastic glides exceptionally well and seems very long.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Force vs XCaliber Stable Discs 35 06-28-2014 12:39 PM
Original Run 175g Innova CFR Xcaliber BIgNik The Marketplace 17 07-07-2010 10:42 PM
Trading Innova Star XCaliber cfree5119 The Marketplace 1 02-05-2010 09:35 PM
XCaliber? ehillis Discs 27 12-09-2009 03:30 AM
Xcaliber yes s1rr Discs 22 08-17-2009 10:48 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.